Speculation: Rumour, Trade and Free Agent Speculation, 2019-20 - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Right. Great scoop. It could happen as early as this weekend. Or not. The Winnipeg media will be the last to know. But we've got Wiebe's Golf World and Ralph's Pillow and Toth's hot takes to keep us amused.

Winnipeg has no good NHL writers......never have, likely never will.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
With Roslo and extension to Philly for Patrick 11th P Myers.

Philly gonna give up something good. Could see this deal maybe being blockbuster.. Connor or Ehlers going also with Sanheim coming back to Wpg also.

Trouba Ehlers Roslo for Patrick Sanheim 11th P Myers

Lowry to Cal for Hamonic.

Send Adam home pretty much.. Travis also

Scheif Patrick Little Copp

Calgary is a fit cuz lowry = supposed sandpaper and Calgary needs that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Patrick gonna be involved with Trouba.

11th P Myers = bent over. That's trade deadline stuff.
Without a deal in place a 1 year rental isn't worth much more than a TD rental. IMO there is a good chance that is the bases of a deal, but you might have a few more pieces to extract a little more value. I'm still calling Trouba and Roslovic for #11, Frost and P. Myers. IMO that is pretty close to a equal balance.

Reactions: untouchable21

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Without a deal in place a 1 year rental isn't worth much more than a TD rental. IMO there is a good chance that is the bases of a deal, but you might have a few more pieces to extract a little more value. I'm still calling Trouba and Roslovic for #11, Frost and P. Myers. IMO that is pretty close to a equal balance.

Trouba's value is interesting. I would typically agree with you on the rental aspect hindering the value but if Joe's scout friend is to be believed Trouba is perhaps the most sought after asset this summer.

Its like when your buying a house, if the market is hot and you really want that house you tend to over bid in hopes of landing it. Also with a lot of potential suitors you may have to wave conditions that you would like to have on the purchase (Like a house inspection) in order to have your bid accepted.

If the demand for Trouba is very high then it might not matter that he is a rental and isn't coming with an extension. If you want him enough you may just have to pay upper echelon prices without any assurances from the player.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think Chevy probably has the framework of three or four potential deals lined up and will see which one he can extract the most value from. I would expect him to slow play it to close to the draft before pulling the trigger. That is unless one of the teams just comes in and ups their offer.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Trouba's value is interesting. I would typically agree with you on the rental aspect hindering the value but if Joe's scout friend is to be believed Trouba is perhaps the most sought after asset this summer.

Its like when your buying a house, if the market is hot and you really want that house you tend to over bid in hopes of landing it. Also with a lot of potential suitors you may have to wave conditions that you would like to have on the purchase (Like a house inspection) in order to have your bid accepted.

If the demand for Trouba is very high then it might not matter that he is a rental and isn't coming with an extension. If you want him enough you may just have to pay upper echelon prices without any assurances from the player.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think Chevy probably has the framework of three or four potential deals lined up and will see which one he can extract the most value from. I would expect him to slow play it to close to the draft before pulling the trigger. That is unless one of the teams just comes in and ups their offer.
I'm very anxious to see the return. I've made my call and I've course I'd be more than happy if Chevy was to exceed my expectations on the return. I think it won't be too long before we will find out.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm going to go with:

Trouba and Lowry for Patrick, Myers and the 11th on the high end and Patrick, Myers and a second on the low end.

I'm also anxious to see what happens. I think we have at most a week to wait.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Bracing myself for an underwhelming return, while hoping for a decent return.

Feeling very pessimistic today though.

Ready to get this saga done and over with. Tired of talking about this guy. Time to move on. I'll look forward to booing him upon his return to BellMTS.

Need to think of a clever chant for his first game back.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Right. Great scoop. It could happen as early as this weekend. Or not. The Winnipeg media will be the last to know. But we've got Wiebe's Golf World and Ralph's Pillow and Toth's hot takes to keep us amused.

Don't forget Westwood's Awareness Awareness campaign.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Bracing myself for an underwhelming return, while hoping for a decent return.

Feeling very pessimistic today though.

Need to think of a clever chant for his first game back.

100% we do. Or just boo each time he touches the puck. I have to be honest, after reading that Custance article, it just made me mad at the guy. He's throwing a massive wrench into a contending team and it just infuriated me.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm traveling overseas until next Friday, so all the moves can wait until then...:naughty:

Reactions: mondo3

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
With regards to arbitration, UFA's can never be used as comparable to RFA's. Its in the CBA. Article 12.9 G (iii) 2. (B)

If player agents want to attempt to compare their clients to UFA during contract negotiations, they are welcome to try, but you'd be hard pressed to find a GM that will willingly comply.

The modern history of NHL is based on "cheap RFA years" & "purchasing UFA years."

I never mentioned arbitration. It's just economics.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
With Roslo and extension to Philly for Patrick 11th P Myers.

Philly gonna give up something good. Could see this deal maybe being blockbuster.. Connor or Ehlers going also with Sanheim coming back to Wpg also.

Trouba Ehlers Roslo for Patrick Sanheim 11th P Myers

Lowry to Cal for Hamonic.

Send Adam home pretty much.. Travis also

Scheif Patrick Little Copp

Calgary is a fit cuz lowry = supposed sandpaper and Calgary needs that.
You're drunk!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Latvian media reporting that the Jets are showing interest in Ronalds Kenins Ronalds Kenins at eliteprospects.com

Portāls: Ķēniņš varētu atgriezties NHL
"Ronalds Ķēniņš is a high intensity power forward who can impact the game in multiple ways. He is able to use his explosive speed and momentum to release pent-up energy when driving to the net, making him a highly effective forecheck initiator. He plays every shift like it is his last and he has something to prove. His work ethic is exposed when he exhibits keen awareness, offensively and defensively, even at the end of extended shifts. He is reliable in all situations, and doesn't take his ice time for granted. He expends everything he has out on the ice and will make every second count. As an aggressive power forward with a good understanding of both the offensive and defensive game, he knows how to be that versatile, complete player who can make an impact every shift"

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
"Ronalds Ķēniņš is a high intensity power forward who can impact the game in multiple ways. He is able to use his explosive speed and momentum to release pent-up energy when driving to the net, making him a highly effective forecheck initiator. He plays every shift like it is his last and he has something to prove. His work ethic is exposed when he exhibits keen awareness, offensively and defensively, even at the end of extended shifts. He is reliable in all situations, and doesn't take his ice time for granted. He expends everything he has out on the ice and will make every second count. As an aggressive power forward with a good understanding of both the offensive and defensive game, he knows how to be that versatile, complete player who can make an impact every shift"
Tanev east

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad