Speculation: Rumour, Trade and Free Agent Speculation, 2019-20 - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I agree, but have pretty much given up that we will ever see it.

I wish I had taken a screen shot of the first Laine season where a couple months in, each one of ESL was leading in points, goals and assists with each of their smiling faces on the NHL website. I remember thinking how bright the future looked for us.

I remember feeling exactly the same.
I don’t remember, was that line ever reunited at any point after that?

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
d5l17ft-d39cb255-2a61-41e9-b599-6703f1cd1d1f.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am hoping for the best but braced for the worst. Team Trouba have always made it tough so I am braced for Overcharge to all but destroy the trade market and for Trouba to be a Jet this season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Thoughts on above:

June 15th

-Were the Jets to use the first window, they'd be unable to deal Trouba until after an arbitration hearing & tie their own hands for any...(see below)

June 21st

-.....draft day deal. In all likelihood Trouba gets traded, but if not...

June 25

-I doubt the Jets make a QO as it would open the door for Trouba to hold out

June 26

-Trouba will certainly talk to teams during the interview period, but if his goal is to get out of Winnipeg, signing an offer sheet opens the door to Winnipeg matching.

-People (including myself) have been worried about a one year offer sheet, as matching that offer eliminates the option of being able to trade Trouba for a year, and walks him straight to UFA

-Jets could take the compensation
($6,341,153 – $8,454,871: 1x 1st, 1x 2nd, 1x 3rd-round-pick)
($8,454,872 – $10,568,589: 2x 1st , 1x 2nd, 1x 3rd-round pick)
($10,568,590: 4x 1st-round-pick)
...& use the $7+ million saved wherever it best addresses the Jets needs. (perhaps a UFA signing or towards our own RFA signings

July 5
-Trouba could easily elect arbitration, but in a similar situation (Johansen) Overhardt passed on this option. Teams can only take a player to team elected arbitration once it their career. Overhardt passing the ball to Chevy on this, eliminates any future team from employing this tactic on Trouba

July 6
-If it goes this far, Chevy has no option other than team selected arbitration. This will guarantee Trouba attends training camp, eliminating any chance of a hold-out.
-waiting this long comes with the risk of an offer sheet. Is a year of Trouba worth more than any draft day deal he can conjure up?

This game is finally nearing it's end, but there's still plenty of options on the table.

it's going to be great when Chevy announces matching extensions for both Trouba & Morrissey :sarcasm:

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
So word now is that Calgary is looking to extend Hamonic, instead of trading him. May not be an option now for the Jets like others were hoping.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Not a lot of info really IMO.. The one thing I thought was notable was:
And in this case, there are certainly nuances that need to be considered. For one, teams outside of Winnipeg still believe Trouba doesn’t want to sign with a Canadian team which is certainly a factor since the team acquiring him will immediately set to work on trying to get a long-term contract done.

Mostly just cause it always surprises me to see fans of Canadian teams pitch trades for him.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
It is strange to see the Jet's name being involved in as a trade spot for Zucker. I am not sure what to make of that

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
It is strange to see the Jet's name being involved in as a trade spot for Zucker. I am not sure what to make of that

Chevy still focusing on the wing position while our C and blue line goes to ####. Wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
For those who don't have the Athletic, what's the Coles notes?

Honestly didn't say much other than the focus right now is on trading Trouba and KO is having conversations with Jets Management from time to time. They speculated on some locations that could use Trouba but they're the same ones being discussed here for the same reasons: Detroit, Phili, Florida teams.

It ended with this quote from Trouba, "There's places I feel I would fit better if I was traded."

So really just a confirmation that Trouba will likely be traded. I think we all expected that at this point though. Since KO is keeping in touch with the Jets about how things are progressing it adds to my belief that a contract extension will be worked out as part of the trade to maximize the return.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He's a good player but we have far more pressing needs then targeting another RW. I sincerely hope Chevy is targeting C and D and not wasting time and resources on a piece that should be at the bottom of the priority list.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Only thing that makes sense to me is if, after getting Zucker, one of our wingers will be traded along with Trouba for a 2C and a D.

Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad