Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Some talk in the old thread about getting Zibanejad. A little 'if only' here. Ottawa traded him plus a 2nd for Brassard + 7th. :shakehead If only we had gotten in on that with Little + 7th. :nod: WTH, add a 6th too. Aw well, too late now, but it sure would have been nice.

And that 2nd turned out to be 33 OA. Could have got us Jett Woo, or Bode Wilde, or Jared McIsaac.

Shouldn't waste time thinking about what might have been, but couldn't help it when I saw talk about Zibby.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Some talk in the old thread about getting Zibanejad. A little 'if only' here. Ottawa traded him plus a 2nd for Brassard + 7th. :shakehead If only we had gotten in on that with Little + 7th. :nod: WTH, add a 6th too. Aw well, too late now, but it sure would have been nice.

And that 2nd turned out to be 33 OA. Could have got us Jett Woo, or Bode Wilde, or Jared McIsaac.

Shouldn't waste time thinking about what might have been, but couldn't help it when I saw talk about Zibby.

Terrible deal for the Sens.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm getting a feeling that Chevy is going to pull a massive blockbuster and acquire both Duchene and Stone.

I've been hearing some stuff about this. Can't put any weight on it due to the sources but I do wonder if the Jets are considering it. It would be an all in move.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I've been hearing some stuff about this. Can't put any weight on it due to the sources but I do wonder if the Jets are considering it. It would be an all in move.
if done, please no Niku going back the other way

OTT would be silly to send both in the same deal imo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Terrible deal for the Sens.

Wondered at the time and ever since why a team that had 2 good, young, top 6 C's was in such a hurry to get rid of them. :huh::shakehead
Both Zibby and Turris hustled out the door for no apparent reason.
How much better would they be if they still had Zibby, Turris, Bowers and all those picks? :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead Doing nothing would have been so much better than everything they have done. Probably would have been able to keep Karlsson and Stone too. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead :huh:
Sens management is making Oilers look good. :laugh:

Last edited:

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Wondering this myself. Would be a big gamble by Chevy to assume he’ll be able to sign one of the two, but would create an unreal lineup to capture the cup this year.

Might it cost the 1st, Roslovic, Copp, Stanley, Petan/Comrie?

81-55-26
29-95-61
27-18-85
82-17-13

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
if done, please no Niku going back the other way

OTT would be silly to send both in the same deal imo

If we get both there is likely a roster player or two headed the other way plus picks and prospects from what I heard. Maybe even some conditions on both if they resign. I've also seen some stuff on both of them resigning and us sending a major package the other way. The timing is good for negotiations with the Sens GM, AGM and Director of Scouting plus several scouts in Winnipeg for last nights game. Seems they are also scouting the Moose heavily and we play Ottawa on saturday so I think the Sens management team is staying here and just scouting the crap out of us until then.

If we get them both as rental it's an all in move and likely puts on the level of Tampa as a top contender in the league.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wondered at the time and ever since why a team that 2 good, young, top 6 C's was in such a hurry to get rid of them. :huh::shakehead
Both Zibby and Turris hustled out the door for no apparent reason.
How much better would they be if they still had Zibby, Turris, Bowers and all those picks? :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead Doing nothing would have been so much better than everything they have done. Probably would have been able to keep Karlsson and Stone too. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead :huh:
Sens management is making Oilers look good. :laugh:

yeah it makes no sense why they gave up so much for the move from Turris to Duchene. Sakic bent them over hard there.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So what would that cost? Now for sure it would involve multiple picks and prospects or a good young roster player.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wondering this myself. Would be a big gamble by Chevy to assume he’ll be able to sign one of the two, but would create an unreal lineup to capture the cup this year.

Might it cost the 1st, Roslovic, Copp, Stanley, Petan/Comrie?

81-55-26
29-95-61
27-18-85
82-17-13

Retention would also need to be included. For some reason I see Perreault going the other way to make it work financially. Likely a big group of futures and our 1st.

Ehlers - Scheif - Wheels
Laine - Duchene - Stone
Connor - Little - Appleton
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Lemieux

If Perreault and Rosie go the other way. Sure hope we can try to switch Rosie for Appleton if that kind of move is made. Also think the sens are high on Lemieux.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe, he's been pretty bad.
Top 5 picks seem to retain that cachet beyond what is warranted by their post-draft track record. E.g. Cam Barker, Griffin Reinhart - both were quite obviously never going to live up to their potential, but both fetched hefty returns. I think every team in the league would give up a 2nd or more for Puljujarvi right now. It's like a cheap lottery ticket. The potential payoff, despite what might be bad odds, is just too enticing.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Why? If they get what they want, who cares if it's one deal or two.

i guess it depends ultimately on the suggested return. but if it's a traditional futures (1st+prospect) type deal, id think they're better served in getting more than one 2019 1st round pick & an abundance of quality prospects which dealing them separately would attain. I dont see the Jets giving up 2 x 1sts+2 x mid-high prospects for a rental package.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I'm getting a feeling that Chevy is going to pull a massive blockbuster and acquire both Duchene and Stone.

I have nothing telling me so, but my gut feels like something else is up. I can see both plus coming back our way. Infact i'd go so far as saying my spidey sense is tingling....it doesnt tingle very often.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So what would that cost? Now for sure it would involve multiple picks and prospects or a good young roster player.

It would be a big pool of futures. With likely a roster player going the other way to make it work with the cap, I see Perreault as a target to aid in their rebuild. Still has some term left to. Potentially one of our younger roster players as well (Rosie, Appleton, Lemieux), our 1st guaranteed and likely a pool of other assets. If we don't send a roster player then Ottawa retains which I think is unlikely. Perreault seems like a fit for them to at least have someone with term and experience coming back to play a top 6 role.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Top 5 picks seem to retain that cachet beyond what is warranted by their post-draft track record. E.g. Cam Barker, Griffin Reinhart - both were quite obviously never going to live up to their potential, but both fetched hefty returns. I think every team in the league would give up a 2nd or more for Puljujarvi right now. It's like a cheap lottery ticket. The potential payoff, despite what might be bad odds, is just too enticing.

Barker was at least coming off a 40 point season with a down season after. The Reinhart deal was seen as horrrible the moment it happened.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I understand the hesitancy to move ves and Rosie but the reality is that over the next few years, somebody else is gonna get "petanned" because of our depth (especially if we trade for stone and extend him - Chevy may have done his due diligence and reached out to his camp last summer when he was RFA and knows his interest level and ballpark AAV):
LW:
Ehlers
Conner
Perrault
Lemieux
Ves

RW:
Wheels
Laine (can play left side-ish)
Stone?
Rosie
Apples
Tanev (probably gone)

I'd also hate to part with Niku but at this point, I'm betting that Chevy has an idea of whether or not trouba is open to signing and if he's not, he better have some idea of his return. Would you trade Niku now knowing that you're getting a first rounder (higher than ours now) plus a better Niku coming back at the draft?

The other option is to include one of Rosie/ves/Niku and try to make a "hockey trade" out of it by getting back a d prospect with middle pairing upside. Not sure who Ott has in their system or if they would be willing to part with them considering their state of "rebuild"

Perrault is probably a cap casualty after this season regardless of what happens with Stone. If you assume Tanev walks, Perreault is traded and Stone doesn't sign wingers would be:

Ehlers Wheeler
Connor Laine
Vesa Roslovic
Lemeiux Apples

Petan/Dano

So we really need to know if Stone is staying to part with a Roslovic or Vesa and if we do trade them and he stays, then there is no surplus winger to trade for a RHD if Trouba leaves. Which means we need Niku as backfill and can't trade him.

Also can Roslovic move to C?

To me it also depends on what happens with Trouba. If he doesn't stay long term then we need to trade a winger for a RHD. If we have Stone and don't move a winger I listed in acquiring him that trade won't hurt at all. Plus we then get additional assets from a Trouba trade.

I wonder if Perreault makes sense as part of a trade as he needs to go as a cap casualty in the offseason and Ottawa needs to make the cap floor next year. If they really wanted Niku I think we'd need Demelo coming back. Perhaps Comrie makes some sense to?

I really feel like the rumoured 1st, Stanley, Petan package could be tweaked. Does 1st + Perreualt + Comrie get you closer? You don't usually move out a roster player with term as part of a deadline acquisition but the lines could be:

Connor Scheif Wheeler
Laine Little Stone
Ehlers Lowry Tanev
Lemeiux Copp Roslovic
Appleton/Petan

To me getting Stone and keeping all the top prospects outweighs losing Matty P for this playoff run.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Doesn't Perreault have some sort of NTC Why is waiving for Ottawa at this present time

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Doesn't Perreault have some sort of NTC Why is waiving for Ottawa at this present time

He has a 5 team no trade list that he submits on July 1st I believe. He'd have to hope Sens are one of the 5 teams he put on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad