Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You're not understanding. My point is Stone can be pulled at the last minute, like right before tonight's game starts. Sheesh.

What you said exactly was "They could always be pulled at the last minute if a trade is consummated". First of all, there would be no "could be pulled" if a trade happened. They would "have to be pulled". What everybody else is trying to get across to you is that they shouldn't be playing or practicing at all now if Ottawa is intent on trading them. Even a slight injury could derail the trade talks and leave Ottawa getting nothing when they sign elsewhere as UFA's. It's just a dumb decision under the circumstances, but not surprising given the woeful state of this franchise.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Since all this "Stone/Duchene to Winnipeg" rumors started to build I have been wondering how guys like Wheeler, Schiefle etc would feel if either guy signed long term for way more than they are making? Maybe the only way to keep the peace in the room is if they are rentals only? Just wondering...
Stone and Scheifele have a history together playing internationally. It seems like they are pretty good friends. I don't think Mark keeps score by the size of his pay check, and he will get his monster deal just after he turns 30. Wheeler's career deal starts next season.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Since all this "Stone/Duchene to Winnipeg" rumors started to build I have been wondering how guys like Wheeler, Schiefle etc would feel if either guy signed long term for way more than they are making? Maybe the only way to keep the peace in the room is if they are rentals only? Just wondering...

It's part of being a pro athlete... the next person that signs could make more than you, even if they sign for the same cap % as you did. The cap keeps going up. But at least Stone would be a productive player... I would be more worried how the players react when Laine becomes the highest plaid player on the team playing the way he is.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Unless the money was very team friendly, 4-5 years for Myers could bite us in a bad way. His injury issues would have to be completely behind him for one.

I don't believe Myers missed "one gane" last season, and he may have only missed 1 or 2 games at the most this year, so I think his surgeries have been successful.

Also--I think Myers will be reasonable, but he's not going to get all dressed up in his Santa Claus suit, and give away his services for next to nothing. The guy is a great defenseman in my opinion, and I think would draw anywhere from $ 5- 6 mil on the open market. What do other posters think he's worth ??

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Duchene played with Scheifele too internationally, correct?

wasn't there some buzz in one of the iterations of this thread that chevy asked one of the jets leaders on a character-check on Duchene?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Wondering if Petan for Ho-Sang could happen. Feel like both are forgotten dudes with their respective franchises

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
WTF? You prefer Hayes over Duchene?

Not if I'm picking between the two alone, of course not. If Stone is already coming, I'd prefer Hayes to Duchene though because the price for both Stone and Duchene is going to be way too high.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I don't think they have those kinds of egos. If Scheifele did, he wouldn't have signed the contract that he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad