Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi141

Feb 24, 2018
I wonder if the jets wold consider lending Laine to Jokerit of KHL for next year to give him experience and confidence while not having to pay him and still keeping his rights.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
From what I know, Stone wants to come here. He also would be interested in signing here long term.

We have a ton of talented forwards up front. We lack what Stone is up front. A big bodied possession winger who is really good in his own end. I think the Jets would be willing to sacrifice one of the other wingers in the off season if it means they keep Stone long term.

Mind you all that depends if they can get him and if he gels with this team.

Joe, your reports make me happy every time I read them.

You're doin' God's work, son.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Could he be signed at the same time as the trade, or does it have to wait until the off season?

The Jets can extend him to a new contract the second after they trade for him. But they have to make the trade first. And any talking to a player before a trade to see if that player is "open" to a new deal, so you make the trade, is tampering.

The Canucks were fined $50,000 a couple of years ago just because they spoke publically about the team's potential interest in players under contract to other NHL clubs. And it's not like they were talking... all they said is sure we would be interested.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
speaking of scouts at the Jets game from Ottawa....

Scouts listed to attend last night’s Senators-Red Wings game include the Winnipeg Jets (2), Tampa Bay Lightning (2), Arizona Coyotes, Colorado Avalanche, Boston Bruins, Philadelphia Flyers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers and the New York Islanders.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If we sign Stone long term, I would find out what kind of players/prospects/picks we would get back for Trouba and Laine.
Sending them both to Florida with a nice return coming back would work.
Trouba gets to be close to his woman and Laine can play with his buddy.
Trochek, Huberdeau, a 2nd and Ekblad come over to the Jets.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If we sign Stone long term, I would find out what kind of players/prospects/picks we would get back for Trouba and Laine.
I bet Stone is just a rental and walks as a FA at end of season.

Reactions: TheGovernment

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg

I've been toying with something similar, Trouba and Connor for Ekblad and Trocheck. Saves the team about $2M assuming Trouba gets $7.5M and Connor gets $6M.

I don't really want to trade Connor though...and I DEFINITELY don't want to trade Laine. I don't think it opens up enough room for Stone though.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
speaking of scouts at the Jets game from Ottawa....

Scouts listed to attend last night’s Senators-Red Wings game include the Winnipeg Jets (2), Tampa Bay Lightning (2), Arizona Coyotes, Colorado Avalanche, Boston Bruins, Philadelphia Flyers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers and the New York Islanders.
No Nashville, no Calgary....hmmmm

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think the Sens really really want Roslovic

Chevy says, "Done deal. I always make good choices".

8189610.jpg

:sarcasm:

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm encouraged. The thought of having Scheif driving first line & Stone driving second is mighty enticing. Laine, they can put him in the PB for all I care right now. Guy is going to be good someday, but he really needs to get his head screwed on before anything happens. No C-man is going to fix Laine's problems right now.

How do we know? Our coach refuses to try.

Reactions: folix

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
If the Sens want Ros, I say the 1st becomes a 2nd or 3rd, or maybe a Chabot type player plus a 1st, a couple of Stanley, Comrie, Petan, Perrault, Charoit, Kuli , and maybe a conditional 2nd are included

Roslovic for Stone rental seems almost like straight up deal, maybe small add for the Jets. Could add a 1st conditional on re-signing.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

If he's willing to take league minimum on his next contract and the Oilers take Petan in exchange....

even throw in a 4th round pick.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
As a rental? Neither would I. But if he was signed to a contract (sign and trade?), I'd seriously consider it.

Yeah but we'd still have to move out another winger to make room for his extension, on top of likely letting Myers walk AND trading Perreault. I don't think gutting our team is worth Stone at this point. We either get him for a typical rental price and then try and sign him from there or we don't get him at all.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Yeah but we'd still have to move out another winger to make room for his extension, on top of likely letting Myers walk AND trading Perreault. I don't think gutting our team is worth Stone at this point. We either get him for a typical rental price and then try and sign him from there or we don't get him at all.
...or Kulikov?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don't think we can afford to lose anyone on D. We have wingers, we don't have defencemen. With Kuli out you will see Morrow full time.
I think we can replace Kulikov with a vet Dman and get similar results/impact, plus they'd be cheaper. days of having a near-10M third pairing is almost over haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad