Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault / 1st for Stone.

Not what I'm suggesting, but I wouldn't be surprised. Jets need to move Perreault in the off-season for cap reasons. It diminishes their forward core for this playoff run, but maybe saves them a cheaper asset for future rosters.

For the Sens it gives them a competitive player this season - remember, they don't want to tank so every win is good.

Maybe the Jets acquire another less forward on an expiring deal as a separate deal or part of the package?

Perreault, 1st, 2nd, B prospect (Gustafsson, Valatti) for Stone and Dzingel?

Perreault and 1st for Stone.

2nd and B prospect for Zuccarello.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I disagree that Ehlers is better than KC. I'd hate to get rid of either of them BUT it's about the Playoffs. Ehlers did nothing last year and maybe he needed some time. We'll see. Just saying...
IMO talk of moving either Ehlers or KC is premature. Ehlers is on a nice contract and KC can be bridged in the short term to give us a couple more years before bigger decisions need to be made.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
The thing is we don't know if Stone will even resign

So there's no way we could say "well sure we'll give up a roster player for a rental"

Plus this is Ottawa we're talking about...Chevy will find a way to get fair value in our favour

It would have to be under the assumption he is a rental only

That works out better for us too because then we don't have to give up a top 6 roster player.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Past 3 years 5v5:
Hayes: 35 goals, 81 points
Little: 27 goals, 72 points

That's with Little having much, much better quality of linemates and Hayes having 77%(!) defensive zone starts to Little's 25%. Also with Hayes having a higher quality of competition.

Using that sample over an 82 game season Hayes would get one more point 5v5 than old washed up Bryan little.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Using that sample over an 82 game season Hayes would get one more point 5v5 than old washed up Bryan little.

Never called Little old and washed up, never even called him a bad player, I think he's a very good player. Hayes is just better than him right now and considering their ages will likely continue to be.

How does the per 82 stat look this season?

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017

Not what I'm suggesting, but I wouldn't be surprised. Jets need to move Perreault in the off-season for cap reasons. It diminishes their forward core for this playoff run, but maybe saves them a cheaper asset for future rosters.

For the Sens it gives them a competitive player this season - remember, they don't want to tank so every win is good.

Maybe the Jets acquire another less forward on an expiring deal as a separate deal or part of the package?

I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'd add Petan and maybe Appleton as well.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Never called Little old and washed up, never even called him a bad player, I think he's a very good player. Hayes is just better than him right now and considering their ages will likely continue to be.

How does the per 82 stat look this season?
This sample size keeps getting smaller and smaller, but using just this season Hayes would put up 5 more point 5v5.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This sample size keeps getting smaller and smaller, but using just this season Hayes would put up 5 more point 5v5.

Closer to 9.5. And the large sample size didn't help your argument either, you yourself said that Hayes would have 1 more point, while being used almost exclusively in a defensive role, playing with significantly worse players, while Little has been borderline sheltered.

There's a legitimate reason to cut the sample size down. These are players who were in wildly different areas of their careers the past 3 years. Hayes' numbers are brought down by his development years, Little's are boosted by his prime years. Not super representative of what they are as players today. And even then, Hayes still outperforms him in pretty much all areas.

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Perreault makes a lot of sense to include in a deal at the deadline. His value will be higher now than in the off-season IMO. Could be flipped in a 3 way deal as well. I'd rather keep Appleton and Lemieux this year. I think we have something with them and Copp, and when we go down to 3 lines Copp will be on that Lowry line.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
I am absolutely salivating at the fact of possibly having Mark Stone in our lineup. He's still underrated for all the little things he does extremely well. Jets fans should be ecstatic about the idea, but I'm seeing way too many people say that Duchene or Hayes would be better that it's ruining my mood. :shakehead

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Closer to 9.5. And the large sample size didn't help your argument either, you yourself said that Hayes would have 1 more point, while being used almost exclusively in a defensive role, playing with significantly worse players, while Little has been borderline sheltered.

There's a legitimate reason to cut the sample size down. These are players who were in wildly different areas of their careers the past 3 years. Hayes' numbers are brought down by his development years, Little's are boosted by his prime years. Not super representative of what they are as players today. And even then, Hayes still outperforms him in pretty much all areas.

I don’t get where you are getting 9.5 from I get 4.77. Also I can’t find where you got your defense zones starts stats from.(just realized I used even strength not 5v5)

Using even strength for the past 5 season Hayes starts 50.3% in the defensive zone and little starts 48.4%

But using a 38 game sample size for Hayes is a very small sample.

Plus if we’re just using 5v5 for this season it has to be taken in to consideration that little has been dragging around Laine and Roslovic, there is no way Hayes is playing with significantly worse players.

If you want to use an even smaller sample size being the last 15 or so games I’m willing to bet little is out producing Hayes without looking it up.

This is also way off topic so I feel like we should discuss this somewhere else if we really want to.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don’t get where you are getting 9.5 from I get 4.77. Also I can’t find where you got your defense zones starts stats from.(just realized I used even strength not 5v5)

Using even strength for the past 5 season Hayes starts 50.3% in the defensive zone and little starts 48.4%

But using a 38 game sample size for Hayes is a very small sample.

Plus if we’re just using 5v5 for this season it has to be taken in to consideration that little has been dragging around Laine and Roslovic, there is no way Hayes is playing with significantly worse players.

If you want to use an even smaller sample size being the last 15 or so games I’m willing to bet little is out producing Hayes without looking it up.

Little has 20 5v5 points in 57 games, Hayes has 22 in 47. Prorated thats ~28.8 and ~38.3.

Tableau Public

Don't know how to link the table directly, but it is ugly.

Past 3 years defensive zone starts is 77% for Hayes and 25% for Little.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So is it a foregone conclusion that Chevy will do something? Sure is alot of smoke right now.

I think the answer is yes. However is it a foregone conclusion it will be one of the big 3.......No way I would go that far.

Last edited:

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I would love stone but man that really doesnt fix the number center problem and gives us a log jam at winger. I like the perrault and a 1st because it's a salary dump too but then wtf do you with elhers?

Duchenne makes more sense just because we can fix a problem.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Is it too soon to blow it up and go for the rebuild?

theinterview2.jpg

Now you're speaking my language. :laugh:

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
The guy I love is Marcus Johansson from New Jersey!
Watching him right now on WGN against the Hawks. He just undressed 3 Hawks, almost scored and drew a penalty.
28 years old, good size, great speed and skill, lots of experience with the Caps.
I think he would be amazing and not cost us a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad