Proposal: Rumour and Proposals Thread: The Deadline is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Cap space is gained per day aka you accrue cap space daily.

I'll plug the Oilers numbers into Capfriendly's example for simplicity's sake.

Upper limit = $82.5M
Team Cap Space = $250k
ACSL = $82.5M - $250k = $82.25M

The Oilers have to stay under the ACSL to accrue cap space.

They could easily do a couple paper transactions to get as close to $82.5M as possible, LTIR Neal, use the cushion to trade for Ennis and send someone like Benson down and accrue more cap space than they are right now.

Again, call Holland and Friedman to let them know. I’m sure they missed it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed. I think this is what Holland meant in his presser when he said the cap wasn’t a huge concern, it would just require other teams to help be creative.

Hopefully Holland was foreshadowing. :nod:
If he can somehow manage to get a legit top 6 winger (is Palmieri) that would make a world of difference for this team.
Trying to defend a top 6 of McDavid Palmieri and Kassian and Draisaitl, RNHH and Yamamoto would be a serious problem for the opposing team.

Reactions: tabs and Oilhawks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because rumor has it that the Hawks, in the Central Division, are trading a guy to the Golden Knights, in the Pacific Division?

Not sure why that would justify violence, but sure.

you have forgotten they literally just traded for a defenceman in division before trading for a defenceman in conference.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Hopefully Holland was foreshadowing. :nod:
If he can somehow manage to get a legit top 6 winger (is Palmieri) that would make a world of difference for this team.
Trying to defend a top 6 of McDavid Palmieri and Kassian and Draisaitl, RNHH and Yamamoto would be a serious problem for the opposing team.
Palmeri is a RW though is he not? So you’d have move Kassian across to make that work, which who knows if that’s something they look at

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Brutal, he was just talking about how he was excited to get his chance and looking forward to it, why even bother calling him up

Practicing with the big team has value. Also he was here for insurance purposes.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Palmeri is a RW though is he not? So you’d have move Kassian across to make that work, which who knows if that’s something they look at

I am pretty sure that Palmieri can play both wings.

Probably doesnt matter though...looks like its going to be Ennis.

Not sure how I feel about that,
He hasnt been the same player since 2014/15.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I am pretty sure that Palmieri can play both wings.

Probably doesnt matter though...looks like its going to be Ennis.

Not sure how I feel about that,
He hasnt been the same player since 2014/15.
He would be our highest scoring winger. He will upgrade the team by a fair amount, even if he isn't a highlight acquisition. They can't all be home runs, but he will be a solid addition to a team begging for offensive support.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He would be our highest scoring winger. He will upgrade the team by a fair amount, even if he isn't a highlight acquisition. They can't all be home runs, but he will be a solid addition to a team begging for offensive support.

Yeah I just saw the Isolated Summary for Ennis that @McDNicks17 posted.

I have to admit that surprised me.
I may not be giving him enough credit for how impactful he actually is.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

You could just play James Neal at LW and put Kassian back with Archibald and Sheahan on line 3.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I dont think that you know much about Ken Holland...the man is a grinder.

If you're leaving the door open for a larger move, you aren't rushing down every Tyler Ennis that's around. Especially with other teams around to counterbid and stuff.

This is going to Monday. The antsier people here will need to take a breath.

Reactions: guymez and Oilhawks

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Isn’t RNH our highest scoring winger?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Commodore is usually not wrong, so hopefully he isn’t wrong this time.
He is wrong all the time, he breaks some stuff too, but unlike a Friedman or McKenzie he isn't double-checking to make sure what his sources told him is true, he gets something from a source and just spews it forth.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Palmieri has 22 goals and 42 points as his team's leading scorer. If they did somehow pull that off, he'd easily outscore RNH from the top-line here.
I think he’s referring to Ennis as he’s made the same statement in other posts.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I think he’s referring to Ennis as he’s made the same statement in other posts.

Okay, that's a stretch.

RNH and Yamamoto are, I would say, a clear length better than Tyler Ennis ever was. Which isn't to say Ennis isn't an useful player, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad