Proposal: Rumour and Proposals Thread: The Deadline is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yup. They were over the cap and into Brodziak's LTIR with them on the roster. This let's them accrue a little cap space for today.

I'm assuming we'll see one or both back for the next game.

could they also not just roll with a small roster knowing that both players are only an Uber ride away if someone was to get hurt before practice?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Disagree.

Ennis and Ottawa 1st for JP, Oilers 1st and Cave.

That would be a huge get if Holland could get the Ottawa first unprotected.

JP isn't worth the difference between our pick and Ottawa's. Ottawa will be looking only to add assets right now.

Ennis will just get a 3rd round pick and mediocre prospect I'm guessing.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
JP isn't worth the difference between our pick and Ottawa's. Ottawa will be looking only to add assets right now.

Oilers pick 17-22 = no contribution for 2 years and a lot of uncertainty / Oilers use Ottawa pick 1-6 and have an allstar winger to play with McDavid for a long time.

Ennis proven but old. JP who knows.

And Cave is just dumping a contract.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Speaking of that deal, I'm pretty sure Ottawa owns SJ 1st and maybe that instead. With SJ's pick, though still a lottery pick, makes a bit more sense

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I understand the frustration of oiler fans but I have not seen a trade done for a price I would have paid

For Blake Coleman do you trade our first and Broberg for him?

Toffelli do you trade Benson, a 2nd, haas and a conditional 4th for him?

What deal has been done that you would be willing to have matched or given more?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
Speaking of that deal, I'm pretty sure Ottawa owns SJ 1st and maybe that instead. With SJ's pick, though still a lottery pick, makes a bit more sense

Nice to imagine.

If somehow Holland were to get either of those Ottawa picks simply by flipping firsts and adding JP (forget about Cave and Ennis for a moment), then that (along with the Lucic trade) would get Holland executive of the year.

IMO.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad