Proposal: Rumour and Proposals Thread: The Deadline is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I understand the frustration of oiler fans but I have not seen a trade done for a price I would have paid

For Blake Coleman do you trade our first and Broberg for him?

Toffelli do you trade Benson, a 2nd, haas and a conditional 4th for him?

What deal has been done that you would be willing to have matched or given more?
Probably DeMelo or Kase deals

Reactions: npanciroli

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Holland (takes) Days (to make a trade) Sauce!
Well done.
giphy.gif

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nice to imagine.

If somehow Holland were to get either of those Ottawa picks simply by flipping firsts and adding JP (forget about Cave and Ennis for a moment), then that (along with the Lucic trade) would get Holland executive of the year.

IMO.
Part of it is how much interest Ottawa has in puljujarvi. Which, honestly, if you view it at moving from 17-18 to 12-13 might make alot of sense for the sens

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Oilers pick 17-22 = no contribution for 2 years and a lot of uncertainty / Oilers use Ottawa pick 1-6 and have an allstar winger to play with McDavid for a long time.

Ennis proven but old. JP who knows.

And Cave is just dumping a contract.

I totally missed the part where Ottawa would throw in their 1st to the deal lol.

thought it was f***ing horrible!!

I’d really like this deal. We could probably trade down if we wanted for a pair of middle 1st’s if Holland wanted to at the draft. Essentially trading Puljujarvi to a mid 1st round pick

Reactions: Rufus Aslegard

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers pick 17-22 = no contribution for 2 years and a lot of uncertainty / Oilers use Ottawa pick 1-6 and have an allstar winger to play with McDavid for a long time.

Ennis proven but old. JP who knows.

And Cave is just dumping a contract.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Ottawa's 1st round pick. I'm just saying there is no way they are looking to move it, and definitely not to get JP. Like you say, their pick can be an all-star. JP is worth a 2nd round pick at best right now.

Ottawa is rebuilding, and their pick and SJ's pick are going to give their rebuild a huge boost. They don't have to waste their time gambling on a guy like Pulju tossing away a top 6 pick for a mid-late 1st rounder.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I’m pretty sure Dorion is holding off all trades until after this game AND after Chabot’s injury is looked at. He might ask for different things now.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Ottawa's 1st round pick. I'm just saying there is no way they are looking to move it, and definitely not to get JP. Like you say, their pick can be an all-star. JP is worth a 2nd round pick at best right now.

Ottawa is rebuilding, and their pick and SJ's pick are going to give their rebuild a huge boost. They don't have to waste their time gambling on a guy like Pulju tossing away a top 6 pick for a mid-late 1st rounder.

I know. It was a BS rumor to begin with. It has evolved into a bit of a talking point.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Demelo is worth the asset it took to acquire him, but UFA rental defenseman are the exact opposite of a need for the Oilers.

As for Kase, I just don't think we have a contract equivalent to make the first worthwhile. James Neal is the closest, but is far more useful than Backes and they're better off hunting down an alternative and buying him (worst case) out in 16 months. From Anaheim's perspective, the term on Neal is also a problem
compared to Backes. They'll just eat the Backes deal while they expect to lose, which is harder with 3 yers of term left.

I’m pretty sure Dorion is holding off all trades until after this game AND after Chabot’s injury is looked at. He might ask for different things now.

Why? You think he cares about his roster in-season?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

When we are healthy how does Demeio help us

The Kase on is interesting and I would be interested in what they would have wanted from thec oilets but that is one of those trade where that first the ducks got may have been the key. Ducks have sent Backes to the farm but I think that cap hit will have more to do with them staying above the floor the next two years

Raskell is a guy I find interesting

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Both Carolina goalies injured, not sure how bad, but if they wanted to overpay for one of our goalies I'd atleast listen.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
JP isn't worth the difference between our pick and Ottawa's. Ottawa will be looking only to add assets right now.

Ennis will just get a 3rd round pick and mediocre prospect I'm guessing.

Actually I recall Dorion saying they already have enough picks and prospects and need players. I think a young player like Puljujarvi may be more valuable than a pick for them. I doubt it would be something crazy like Ottawas unprotected 1st but maybe it's the lesser of the two picks they have and they acquire Puljujarvi by dropping down. It would seem really weird to me not to wait till the draft but perhaps they're really high on him, people loved this guy not that long ago. Don't get me wrong it seems far fetched to me but I think Dorion feels they have enough picks and based on what he's said a guy like Puljujarvi may have a ton of value to him. Here's to hoping.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Both Carolina goalies injured, not sure how bad, but if they wanted to overpay for one of our goalies I'd atleast listen.
If you can move on from Koskinen you do. I don't hate him but this team can't afford 4.5 million on a 1B starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad