Proposal: Rumour and Proposals Thread: The Deadline is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
DNB on the Athletic has an article up this morning saying something about the Oilers having overage with the injuries now. I was annoyed so I haven’t done more than skim it yet but #wetblanket

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
With RE to the previous thread and Tatar...

Tatar will be too expensive... I'm on board with a DMan rental or Tyler Ennis from the Sens.. Shouldn't be too expensive and would be a great add down the middle, hometown boy. With bodies coming back and Ennis I like the forward depth, and I don't think Ken is diving into the pool head first... As much as I'd love a Pageau or Hoffman... Maybe I'm a year early on wanting those guys at the cost of our 1st PLUS.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would be nice to have more of an idea what the Oilers are looking at, but that's for my selfish satisfaction of having that knowledge. I'm glad, despite what's happening with the team, the team doesn't feel like it's really desperate.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The Oilers are going to get Ennis and have themselves a fruit fly line with Yamamoto.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers are going to get Ennis and have themselves a fruit fly line with Yamamoto.
I look at Ennis as an upgrade on Prussell and Khaira as far as offense from the bottom-6, and I'm fine with that. If he plays up in the line, hopefully he continues to produce.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Only if Pool Party goes buh bye
If u r suggesting Pulju for Ennis then it would be hilariously bad for Oilers. Ennis would cost a 3rd at most. Pulju wouldn't be traded for a rental

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
DNB on the Athletic has an article up this morning saying something about the Oilers having overage with the injuries now. I was annoyed so I haven’t done more than skim it yet but #wetblanket
I just read it.
Its freaking stupid how much dead weight this team has in terms of cap. even moving out one player like Russell could change the whole game
im annoyed because I don't want to waste another season

Reactions: Oilhawks

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Holland won’t move the 1st. If we see anything it’ll be a hockey trade. Something like Middlestadt or Zacha for Puljujarvi.

Reactions: TFHockey

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
With the talk now that the Oilers might consider A.A. from Detroit a 'lone wolf' player, it wonder if that also closes the door on Hall in the offseason as I feel he is much the same and was even labelled currently by an ex devils teammate something like an 'independant contractor'.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Despite the popular opinion I don't think the Oilers will target Ennis unless he is their very last option, he doesn't kill penalties and I think Holland wants a pker to pair with Archi and Sheahan on that line in the bottom 6 so Khaira can head back to the press box

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Ennis is exactly what we don’t need. We need a top 6 forward, a #3 center, and a top 4 dman. Ennis is none of those things. I see no reason to make a move for him.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Imagine this deal and then missing out on playoffs.

Too much for 2 rentals.
we're literally ~80% or more in nearly every playoff projection. if you think this is too much payment for a push with a 23 year old McDavid/Drai and a healthy Dcore and best G tandem we've had since probably Roloson then I have no words...

I don't even like Ennis but if JGP cost 2nd and Pulju, you take that and run as far as you can

Reactions: McDraekke

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Imagine this deal and then missing out on playoffs.

Too much for 2 rentals.
or maybe he helps them get to the Conference Finals in a weak Pacific division and they re-sign Pageau and it's not a rental

either way, yes it's risky but Holland owes it to these players who are battling their bag off...to get help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->