Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: "Keep Your Eyes on Edmonton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
If Klefbom had another 2-3 years in the tank sure. They probably could hold off with Bouchard and Broberg coming.

But with his status up in the air? Probably not, they are going to have to make a move.

But that's not impossible, there aren't plenty of options available, not just OEL. Brodie, Barrie, Tanev, Vatanen, probably a ton more.

Klef's contract being insured could probably also save a cheap ownership group some serious money next year if he opts for surgery.
I think he would be a good choice to move for OEL now for sure as they save teh 4 million next season due to insurance and still get a solid asset for the year after. He will probably get them another first.

Klefbom, 2021-1st, Samorukov, Russell for OEL. Nest cost in dollars for 2020 $1.5m for the dogs.

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
I have a feeling we are about to do something stupid.. Bouchard should not be trade at all. He has all the tools to be a 50 point Dman that can move the puck better then anyone we have had in 10 years. OEL at 8.25 mil isn't the awnser. Krug is a free agent so is Barrie. Take your assets somewhere else or use them clear cap space..
I swear if they trade them they well regret it massively.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
With Klefbom out, I would be intrigued with taking a gamble on Gostisbehere now considering he shoots left, is around the same price as Klefbom and is at his lowest value.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think he would be a good choice to move for OEL now for sure as they save teh 4 million next season due to insurance and still get a solid asset for the year after. He will probably get them another first.

Klefbom, 2021-1st, Samorukov, Russell for OEL. Nest cost in dollars for 2020 $1.5m for the dogs.
Overpayment for OEL.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I have a feeling we are about to do something stupid.. Bouchard should not be trade at all. He has all the tools to be a 50 point Dman that can move the puck better then anyone we have had in 10 years. OEL at 8.25 mil isn't the awnser. Krug is a free agent so is Barrie. Take your assets somewhere else or use them clear cap space..

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Go with youth. We got the young talent to go with it. Our d problems are way over rated. Get a winger or 2

North

Jun 25, 2009

We’re conditioned to expect the worst. We have to remember Chia isn’t in charge anymore.

Reactions: Consultant

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
PP

Mcdavid-RNH-Draisaitl
Barrie-Ghost could have literally every concievable faccet of a deadly pp.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I'd be shocked (and disapointed) with a major move like OEL.
I don't think it will.

I think the moves will be smaller.
Mrazek, Barrie, trading a D for a W + picks.
Done.

Oct 15, 2017
New coach , new gm ,have had a year to evaluate. Oilers fans are funny sometimes, they crave winning and change but still over value their players and never want to trade them. It's insane to think changes wouldn't come with essentially an entire new management team.

McDavid and Drai are here, that's all that matters. OEL would be the best defenceman till someone over takes him, our only hope is Broberg and or Bouchard. That's years away. Yes Tampa drafted well fwd wise, but there d is patchwork trades and signings. Till they found right mix.

OEL would be a big patch in the backend for years. He doesn't get hurt either. I honestly crave change after 3 years of blaaaaaaaah moments from the backend.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad