Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: "Keep Your Eyes on Edmonton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'd be fine with Ghostbear as a Russell replacement of the cost is low and they retain like a mill.

Guy has been mostly a 3rd pairing defender and never really played all that much minute wise.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Jones can give you similar results to Gostisbehere at a fraction of the price and I'm not that bullish on Jones.
I'd be okay with Gostisbehere on the third pair as the PP guy taking minutes from Klefbom that way

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Nuge trade rumors will come fast if the extension negotiations aren't productive. I'm one of the people who believe you can't replace an RNH. But his contract needs to make sense for the Oilers moving forward. If he has aspirations of being a bigger player than a compliment to McDavid and Drai long-term and making a bigger impact, we might have a hard time getting him signed comfortably long-term. Fortunately we haven't really seen any instances where he's seemed uncomfortable with his role here.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
@Rufus Aslegard If the proposed RNH+Russell+1st 2021 for OEL+Kuemper deal went threw. I'd watch for a Nurse to Winnipeg for Ehlers.

Is that a legit rumour that nuge might be added to the OEL deal, or is that just fans making a proposal?

I haven't heard nuge's name in any rumours, so I'm just curious.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Is that a legit rumour that nuge might be added to the OEL deal, or is that just fans making a proposal?

I haven't heard nuge's name in any rumours, so I'm just curious.
It’s a rumor, it was mentioned as a “guess” from a Canucks beat reporter. Probably very far from true.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Keep in mind him saying Nuge is him saying a guess, and nothing he's heard about the player specifically.

There has been a tonne of smoke around Edmonton. OEL rumours, Murray Rumours, Hall speculation, mild Pietrangelo speculation, talk of switching out two of our top 4 D.

It could be something big, or... it could just be a series of small things that we've heard rumours of.

Pulju, Chiasson trade, Russell moved, Bear extension ect.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ghost is arguably the best PP QB dman in the NHL. He also played a HIGH level of top pair minutes before he got injured.....and that shot. Jones has a long way to go to provide what a healthy Ghost can
Ghost on one leg is a different player though. Barrie would be a safer bet.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think it should be worth noting that if we move RNH and Nurse everyone but Draisaitl will be gone from the MacT/Tambo/Lowe years.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Based on what? 19 PP points over the last two seasons?

And he's never played close to top pairing minutes in his career.
I disagree with his opinion as well, but I'll point out that in 2017-18 Ghost had the 3rd highest PP points per 60 among d-men who played 100 mins or more on the powerplay and was #1 in total powerplay points for d-men.

NHL Stats

Ghost's last 2 seasons on the PP he's been dog crap, below what you'd typically expect of a 2nd unit PP d-man.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
@Rufus Aslegard If the proposed RNH+Russell+1st 2021 for OEL+Kuemper deal went threw. I'd watch for a Nurse to Winnipeg for Ehlers.

This trade sucks without improving our forward core.

That doesn’t mean I don’t take it.

you’ve gotta think Nurse is worth more than Ehlers.

if Pietrangelo tests the market, Nurse for Schwartz?

Ehlers is a great player. I want him here, bur Schwartz won a cup, St. Louis would benefit from Nurse’s mobility and it would sting less than seeing him in Winnipeg.

I am HERE for OEL. Especially if we can keep Larsson and Klefbom. That turns our D core around.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This trade sucks without improving our forward core.

That doesn’t mean I don’t take it.

you’ve gotta think Nurse is worth more than Ehlers.

if Pietrangelo tests the market, Nurse for Schwartz?

Ehlers is a great player. I want him here, bur Schwartz won a cup, St. Louis would benefit from Nurse’s mobility and it would sting less than seeing him in Winnipeg.

Ehlers > Schwartz

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ghost is arguably the best PP QB dman in the NHL. He also played a HIGH level of top pair minutes before he got injured.....and that shot. Jones has a long way to go to provide what a healthy Ghost can
No. No he isnt.

He's had one year in his career where he wasn't incredibly sheltered. 2017/2018.

He played 18% of his time against elite competition this year.

Reactions: North

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Ehlers > Schwartz

I know Ehlers checks a lot of our team’s boxes, but I don’t feel convinced he brings the same impact to the team that Jaden would.

I wouldn’t say no to either one. If we acquire OEL without giving up Nurse or Klefa then I think you hold onto the D core unless the deal is too good to refuse.

OEL Bear
Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Jones

dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad