Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: I'll Trade You My Banana For Your Dunkaroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We do. you gotta stop with these terrible Klefbom proposals man..

I just don't see a way forward with this guy. How can you build a roster where he's in/out of the lineup for 3 more years, how is that even going to work.

Let some team take that gamble and if he can't play they get LTIR dollars back.

Reactions: TKB21

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It still floors me you used to be a mod here. Are you just trying to start an argument?

You can't build a blue line with this guy in the near term if the goal is to be a playoff team.

Even if we sit around waiting for him to make up his mind that he feels good playing in say April ... OK now we can't even sign a replacement player for him in the interim because for him to come back onto the roster means 4 million needs to come out.

He already f***ed us in the 17-18 season by not getting surgery, trying to play through it and playing like crap, and that team's season completely fell apart when they were supposed to be a contender.

Is he going to do the same thing to the team again now that they've had a successful year? Tank the following season for us?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Players wants to join a team who they think are on the upswing, I remember in 2012 I believe there were 3 pages of canucks fans crying about Jultz choosing the Oilers over the Canucks, I hope OEL goes to the canucks and destroys their cap structure.
#freehughes #freepetterson.
Yeah I’m salty.

I 100% believe Holland will put us in the best situation he can with the Klef injury situation. He’s already done better than Chia seed.

Reactions: Snipes45

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I'm predicting....
Nosek as our 3c
Howard as our goalie
Chiasson for Bjork
AA and Benning walk.
Ceci as an extra defender for 2 years (so we fill the defender requirement for expansion)
Pulju signed

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Neal - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Bjork - Nosek - Kassian
Khaira - Haas - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Russell - Larsson
Jones - Ceci

Koskinen
Howard
Yuck!!

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You can't build a blue line with this guy in the near term if the goal is to be a playoff team.

Even if we sit around waiting for him to make up his mind that he feels good playing in say April ... OK now we can't even sign a replacement player for him in the interim because for him to come back onto the roster means 4 million needs to come out.

He already f***ed us in the 17-18 season by not getting surgery, trying to play through it and playing like crap, and that team's season completely fell apart when they were supposed to be a contender.

Is he going to do the same thing to the team again now that they've had a successful year? Tank the following season for us?
You complain about the fact our guy has poor production and can't stay healthy. So you suggest trading him for a guy who's just as old, less productive, more expensive, signed for just one year and to top it off he's even more injury prone. You're effectively saying that our top defenseman is a negative asset.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Trade for Alec Martinez. Apparently he's on the trade block for Vegas. 4M AAV, which is perfect for a short term Klef LTIR stopgap until Jones is good enough to eat more minutes.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Interesting tidbit I saw from the mains, which correlates to what I said about how there may be a misconception that Bouchard isn't Holland's "guy"

Apparently Detroit was planning to take Bouchard in 2018 until Zadina fell.

Holland and Wright were concerned about Hughes' size, so it'll be interesting to see whether they go for Jack Quinn (5'11) or Seth Jarvis (5'10) tomorrow, if either are available.

That screams Holloway or Guhle over Jarvis or Quinn if they follow that same pattern. Keep in mind too that their first 2 picks last year were big guys as well so something to ponder (freak about haha) headed into tomorrow.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Klefbom Dealing With Arthritis

So retirement more than likely for Klefbom now that we know it's arthritis. Makes the presser make sense the way Holland spoke of it.

so, it is possible that the Oilers knew the extent of Oscars shoulder issues last draft and felt that he may not play much longer?

would make more sense that broberg was drafted then

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You complain about the fact our guy has poor production and can't stay healthy. So you suggest trading him for a guy who's just as old, less productive, more expensive, signed for just one year and to top it off he's even more injury prone. You're effectively saying that our top defenseman is a negative asset.

Cap wise it gives us options in the future, for the time being he can fill in I guess.

And yes, Klefbom may well be a negative asset. We should move him out while we can, especially if insured LTIR is valuable this off-season as many team are looking more for actual dollar savings for next season.

We saw what he played like in the play-in round even after several months rest ... he was terrible. We're going to wait another 2-3 months of next season to get that version of Klefbom at best?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Klefbom Dealing With Arthritis

So retirement more than likely for Klefbom now that we know it's arthritis. Makes the presser make sense the way Holland spoke of it.

tenor.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No. I can read your sarcasm most of the time. You're a pain in the ass in jest. :laugh:

The first requirement for being a HFOil mod is to have a strong sense of sarcasm in every post you make.

Thankfully, that's how 99% of the Internet reads these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad