Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: I'll Trade You My Banana For Your Dunkaroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Wonder if Dallas would consider Cogliano for Chiasson.

I wouldn't do it, but I wonder if Holland would.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would hope so.

She’s moving back to Alberta with the boys.

Watch the guy be a poster here on HF Oil....sorry in advance there bud.

No sign of John.
Intervene and be like “sorry, I couldn’t help overhearing your argument, do you post on HF???”

Wasn’t there someone here who lives in Vancouver?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I like how he's framing that as some kind of steal for Thompson.

If Pulju comes back and signs the same deal, his agent would need to get checked for brain damage.

99% of the risk to that contract is on the player's side.
I'm reading it as it's a total over-payment for Thompson. At the same time, it's Monday and my brain is all but mush, so who knows?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm reading it as it's a total over-payment for Thompson. At the same time, it's Monday and my brain is all but mush, so who knows?

That's what I mean. You have to be crazy to think that's a bad contract.

Locking up a 22 year old former first rounder that's a point-per-game AHLer for three years at basically the buriable limit is a no-brainer.

Could you imagine if Pulju signed the same deal? You'd have him locked up through his prime at a 4th liner's salary. Basically no risk at all for the team.

Reactions: Whyme

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Edmonton's ability to improve in the short term is entirely dependant on their ability to make trades. Unfortunately there really isn't a position of depth to exploit in order to fill holes. It will always be a rob Peter, pay Paul scenerio.

Some opportunities I do think we have...

Moving Bouchard for more immediate help. This means gambling that Broberg projects to have a higher ceiling.

Moving Kassian to a team like Toronto for someone with another dimension.

Those 2- 2nds for AA, and the Klefbom injury really put us behind the 8-ball.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That's what I mean. You have to be crazy to think that's a bad contract.

Locking up a 22 year old former first rounder that's a point-per-game AHLer for three years at basically the buriable limit is a no-brainer.

Could you imagine if Pulju signed the same deal? You'd have him locked up through his prime at a 4th liner's salary. Basically no risk at all for the team.
I think it’s an overpay. Tage Thompson has shown less in the nhl than Jesse P. He should be getting closer to what Caleb Jones got.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I've loved the idea of getting PMD for years, such as Shatty, Faulk or Barrie, but not now.

It feels like the last hurrah for a PMD to come in. When Bouchard is here and producing, we wouldn't even want that player around anymore. Barrie would become like he was in Toronto

And maybe Bouchard would be ready to eclipse those veteran PMD this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->