Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: I'll Trade You My Banana For Your Dunkaroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Friedman just also said he wonders if Edmonton is one of the teams who take a long look at Jacob Markstrom.

He also said the Blues were interested in OEL but didn't make his list along with Calgary and Edmonton.

Swedish players sure do feitshize Vancouver, lol, seems like other UFAs, including Canadians don't give them much of the time of day.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It was a report by a Vancouver radio personality that has crap for sources apparently, several Canucks fans said so in that thread.

Ahh right that's where I read it. So unreliable source. If Freidman is saying its still a possibility, can't argue against that.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Wonder if Vancouver is making a mistake here ... their actual season numbers with Demko in net were a mediocre non-playoff team.

He had one red hot week in the bubble and now they're letting Marky walk.

Him and Toffoli going to FA is welp on behalf of Benning.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There are honestly a TON of guys who are out there that qualify as a #3C

Soderberg
Grant
Haula
Girgensons
Lewis
Janmark
Sobodka
D Shore
J Larsson
Sheahan again

There really are alot of bodies to fill that spot out there imo.

Only two of those guys qualify as a legit #3C. Grant maaaybe making it three.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
In theory ... not saying the Oilers should do it ... but in theory ... the Oilers could use Klefbom's LTIR space to go $4 million above the cap to sign Markstrom and keep Koskinen.

And then next year you look at Seattle or someone else to take one of the goalies.

No assets lost.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He was supposed to be cutting salary but got sidetracked with the OEL negotiations.
Benning is making a mess over there. He's got 12 forwards on the roster and 10 of them have a cap hit of at least $3M. The only two who don't are the checker that re-signed today and Pettersson (and he's on the last year of his ELC).

Reactions: North

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What about this report that we could get Fleury for half his cap and get a 2nd round pick out of it? Or the Lundqvist buy out as an option? Are those in any way a possibility? If they were, I mean we gave an aging Smith a tryout... these old vets could maybe get their game back no?

Reactions: belair

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You would take Koskinen over him? He CARRIED Vancouver all year. He was Vezina caliber

Could he carry our sad sack defense though, is the question. Koskinen had really good numbers this past season. I'd rather sign a lesser goalie who could split the load with Koskinen and bring in some help on D and 3C

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
:laugh: ok then, so then there's no one. Probably an offersheet for Tierney

Well what did you expect? You listed like 6 players that are no better than Sheahan or a very minor upgrade. Haula, Soderberg and maybe Grant would be an appreciable upgrade on Sheahan from that list.
I'd add Cody Eakin, he's more of a 4th line center but I think he has 3rd line potential if he plays to his capability.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
It was a report by a Vancouver radio personality that has crap for sources apparently, several Canucks fans said so in that thread.

Yeah, Matt Sekeres is definitely no insider on TSN 1040. Rick Dhaliwal is the guy with the inside connections on that station.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Wonder if Vancouver is making a mistake here ... their actual season numbers with Demko in net were a mediocre non-playoff team.

Demko had one red hot week in the bubble and now they're letting Marky walk.

Markstrom carries that team. They’re putting a all their eggs in Demkos hot week.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Why? They don't have 5 forwards worth protecting assuming that they don't sign anybody significant to a multi-year deal.

As of right now the only forwards worth protecting at Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH and Yamamoto. Whoever we add in free agency is getting protected, maybe JP and Benson but as the roster is right now I’d go 4 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad