Rumor: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. IV - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The problem is there is a complete dearth of scorers available. We can't be giving Leo Komarov top 9 minutes as he drags down everybody he plays with. At best he is the sub for when someone on your fourth line inevitably gets hurt. That being said, Ross Johnston fills that role cheaper.
We gave Leo minutes because of injuries to our lineup. Remember, Leo Komarov is a scratch when everybody is healthy.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Huh, where do you see Komarov playing? We have Lee, Barzal, Wahlstrom, presumably Palmieri, Beau, Nelson, Bailey, Pageau, Martin, presumably Casey, Clutter. If we have Parise, where is Komarov playing? on Defense?

Somewhere. I dunno. I never expected him to get 1st line minutes last season either, but he did. Trotz and Lou loves him. He will play.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Isles will probably announce every single signing and any trade all at the same time

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
We gave Leo minutes because of injuries to our lineup. Remember, Leo Komarov is a scratch when everybody is healthy.

Like one of my kids Pokémon. Goes from “Waiver Wire Leo” to mega evolution “Top Line Leo”

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I would argue that it wasn't so much the PP that was the issue. It was the complete inability to sustain drives in the offensive zone and get pucks on net.
And yet almost every game was tied or a 1 goal game going into the 3rd period. Don't you think an extra goal or 2 from the power play would have made a difference?

Reactions: Big L

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Hamonic getting $3M x 2 years . . .

How wasn't Suter worth $4M?

The price for a 2LD is higher than we hoped

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
No worries thus far. Glad we didn't overpay for Suter, Coleman or anybody else and I'm not worried if CC signs somewhere else either. Let another club overpay him.

When the dust settles a little later is where you find the more reasonable deals being handed out.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004

Not if we don't sign Parise and someone else who can fill Top 9 role in addition to our FA's. Panik or UFA can be your depth on 3rd line and Johnston or UFA is your 4th line backup. Dump Komarov or stash him in Bridgeport.

Reactions: SI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Like one of my kids Pokémon. Goes from “Waiver Wire Leo” to mega evolution “Top Line Leo”
Leo filled a need at that moment. The first line wasn't getting run over with Leo up there. We got to a Game 7 in the semi-finals with Leo on LW1. Trotz rode that horse as far is it could take us.

Reactions: buud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad