Rumor: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. IV - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
Are we really gonna melt down if we don’t sign Parise? He’s the lowest priority move we need to make.

The problem is there is a complete dearth of scorers available. We can't be giving Leo Komarov top 9 minutes as he drags down everybody he plays with. At best he is the sub for when someone on your fourth line inevitably gets hurt. That being said, Ross Johnston fills that role cheaper.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I dont know whether I will laugh or cry if we come out of this UFA day with just Palmieri and Cizikas back, an empty spot in top 4 D and not a single upgrade to be seen.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Three years of Trotz and Lou, and we’re still hung up on line numbers?

Isles lines are:

2a
2b
2c

EDIT: To clarify, not directed at you @MJF , just round about way agreeing with you.
That's ok. I'm with you 100%. When we're healthy Barry rolls 4 lines nearly equally for the first 40 minutes.

Reactions: buud and SI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Why did we go for Parise? I'd rather ice one of our prospects..ffs

We are older, slower and haven't improved. FL is gonna be a Titan in the east.

Savard signed an amazing deal...we coulda at least tried....

I think if we can't find a UFA, we're gonna have to trade for a Dman.
To help on the power play. That is our most glaring weakness and kept us from beating Tampa in the playoffs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Still nothing official from the Isles front. Wonder what Lou has brewing. When the first chip falls, will it be an avalanche of moves?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The only contracts I'm jealous of are Granlund (I think he'd be an excellent Trotz player), and Garland , and those were players that were resigned. Nothing else looks that great.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yes because its insulting

I think the problem is many of us here thought he would sign for like 1 year under a million and in that case Parise looks great, maybe he is looking for stability(longer term) and I rather not offer that, letNJ give him a retirement contract

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
I think everyone should take the whole offseason is perspective before crying about the moves (or lack thereof) today.

We had to shave three players and 16 plus million just to get into this position today....

Reactions: MJF

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Komarov will play regardless if we sign Parise or not…
Huh, where do you see Komarov playing? We have Lee, Barzal, Wahlstrom, presumably Palmieri, Beau, Nelson, Bailey, Pageau, Martin, presumably Casey, Clutter. If we have Parise, where is Komarov playing? on Defense?

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
To help on the power play. That is our most glaring weakness and kept us from beating Tampa in the playoffs.

I would argue that it wasn't so much the PP that was the issue. It was the complete inability to sustain drives in the offensive zone and get pucks on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad