Rumor: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. IV - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

this is a great deal for Winnipeg - love the C depth and their top 9 is deadly, they’ll miss Appleton but good love here

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I want to remind everyone - we see these outrageous numbers and terms rumoured every year and then the numbers do come down to reality when they actually sign.

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I want to remind everyone - we see these outrageous numbers and terms rumoured every year and then the numbers do come down to reality when they actually sign.
then again Goodrow might as well barter for so much more in the end

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I believe The QO would be at 750k - so no sure how or why.
Takes away his arbitration rights. Maybe the islanders do want him back, but do not want to give him a raise. they're willing to not qualify him because they don't believe anyone else will sign him.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think Panik and now maybe Parise spelled the end of MDC's time with the Isles. A $750k salary is a luxury at this point.

Reactions: SI and SI90

scott99

May 13, 2005
Bust no but there players who posters here liked better. Quite a few wanted Nylander or Ehlers in that draft. I liked ehlers but didn’t mind the Dal colle pick as I thought he would mesh well with Tavares.
Consensus #5 overall pick. Just doesn’t have the drive to be great, or even good. Certainly had the talent.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I guess I am in the minority. I thought MDC had shown improvement and could eventually be a decent 4th line replacement once that line aged out.. already had put the fact that he was 5th overall behind me, he will never live up to that. Doubtful but curious to see if they still try to sign him on the cheap, otherwise wish him well as long as he is not in our division, Toronto or Tampa.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I guess I am in the minority. I thought MDC had shown improvement and could eventually be a decent 4th line replacement once that line aged out.. already had put the fact that he was 5th overall behind me, he will never live up to that. Doubtful but curious to see if they still try to sign him on the cheap, otherwise wish him well as long as he is not in our division, Toronto or Tampa.
I mean, sure, but why keep a veteran who might develop into a useful fourth liner. Especially given how much cash we already have invested in fourth liners (including the bizarre Ross Johnston deal).

Dal Colle developed into someone who didn’t embarrass himself on the ice. But he still didn’t excel at anything in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad