Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. III - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I'm sure Lou and Zeeker's agent have already talked ballpark. And with Lou protecting his linemates I still see him here and at center ice starting for the first game under contract for something somewhat reasonable.

But, saying that....if they both had a gentleman's agreement on a range and Casey looks at some of these inflated numbers and comes back way out of that range.....he and everyone else knows what Lou will do....he'll cut bait and won't look back. So, don't see Casey doing that unless he REALLY wants to get a couple more million dollars.
The cap isn't designed for every team to keep every player. It's a balance. TB won being over the cap. LAK and CHI won, they paid their dues and went downhill. COL (the SC Champs and darlings of the hockey world, yet can't get beyond the 2nd round) and eating through their cap space real quick...TOR has no cap space.

If Casey wants more $, then that's HIS choice and he'll be on the journey to playing for multiple teams to earn that cash - no doubt.

TXNYI

Dec 30, 2005
The cap isn't designed for every team to keep every player. It's a balance. TB won being over the cap. LAK and CHI won, they paid their dues and went downhill. COL (the SC Champs and darlings of the hockey world, yet can't get beyond the 2nd round) and eating through their cap space real quick...TOR has no cap space.

If Casey wants more $, then that's HIS choice and he'll be on the journey to playing for multiple teams to earn that cash - no doubt.
True, but if Lou had any hints he might want to go based on their conversations then I just don't see him protecting Clutterbuck. Our 4th line is more important to our team that arguably any other team...have a feeling that we see it for at least another year. Or maybe Lou surprises me and goes with Zajac for league minimum. Either way should be a really interesting few days....

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This would have been the premier Snow rehab project.

An old Boston / Harvard / Maine player becomes available.

Garth:
CreepyDimwittedBuck-max-1mb.gif

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
True, but if Lou had any hints he might want to go based on their conversations then I just don't see him protecting Clutterbuck. Our 4th line is more important to our team that arguably any other team...have a feeling that we see it for at least another year. Or maybe Lou surprises me and goes with Zajac for league minimum. Either way should be a really interesting few days....
There is more to that, he want to get rid of one of Ebs or Bailey contract to open up space to either go big in UFA this year (like after Landy or Tanks), or to save enough to resign the top core players on this team. He knows that Seattle will fall for one of Ebs or Bailey.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
There is more to that, he want to get rid of one of Ebs or Bailey contract to open up space to either go big in UFA this year (like after Landy or Tanks), or to save enough to resign the top core players on this team. He knows that Seattle will fall for one of Ebs or Bailey.
Cizikas is an important player but as he is playing on 4th line for this team, there is a limit on how much Isles can afford to pay him. He probably can play 3rd line on another team and get paid more for that role. He probably knows that too and thus the agent brought up the 5M comparison. Yes he would love to stay with Isles and the team would love to have him back but in the end it will be a business decision for both him and Isles.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Another option to replace Cizikas. He’s more of a 3C but who know depending on the price.

He's intriguing? He was a toss in on a trade most recently. Now, he will be on his 4th team at 25yrs old.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island

The more I think about it the more Id be okay with 3-4 year @ 4mil if that's what is the ask is. His still a top 4 Dman. Greene is done after this year. That gives Salo and Bolduc time to marinate in bridge then work themselves into the #3LHD eventually taking over for Suter by the time he's in his 3rd year. The money would work given Pelech doesnt actually get his 7mil ask and Palms is resigned (say 4mil??). This scenario would throw any dreams of Tank and Lady to the island

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This guy has a checkmark but I don’t know who he is was coming to post this. Suter really wants to stay out west but maybe Lou offering four years which would be a little concerning but it is what it is depending on the AAV
I looked into his account too. He's apparently a Hawks fan that says he rarely has sources but trusts where it came from. Crytic. What he said basically is nothing new, Friedman predicted Suter would go to Dallas, and the Isles are interested. Don't know what to make of this tweet, other than we are as in it as yesterday.

Reactions: SI90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad