Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. III - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Hmmm, if he isn't qualified maybe Nelly Korda dumps him and I can introduce her to my son . . . nearly a millionaire already as a 26-year old entrepreneur:

upload_2021-7-26_16-25-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-26_16-25-59.png
    upload_2021-7-26_16-25-59.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 1

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
if a team with Robert Bortuzzo can win the cup multiple times, does it matter?
You’re not considering the role we need to fill.

Bortuzzo has been on one cup winning team, 2019 with the Blues where he averaged a little under 13 minutes a night in the playoffs.

Leddy averaged 23 minutes this past playoffs. Who on the FA market besides Suter is filling that gap?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Generally I agree but the drop off between Suter and the next best UFA D is considerable. Mike Reilly is not a top 4 defenseman on a cup winning team.

Well technically neither is Suter. :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, I get an understated late development vibe from Reilly. Kind of like Anton Stralman was for Tampa Bay.

He too, bounced around in different organizations. Finally showing some promise with the Rangers, who made the mistake of letting him go in FA.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
For some reason, Detroit is non-tendering Evgeny Svechnikov. I would take a gamble on him considering he is young, did manage 8 points in 21 games while not getting a lot of minutes for Detroit and only was -3 on that train wreck.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Bortuzzo has been on one cup winning team, 2019 with the Blues where he averaged a little under 13 minutes a night in the playoffs.

Leddy averaged 23 minutes this past playoffs. Who on the FA market besides Suter is filling that gap?
I do, but is Suter the only one? Mike Reilly could fill that role seamlessly the more I think about it, while Suter absolutely could be the best man to keep teaching Heiskanen. We probably will know the final say come two days from now
For some reason, Detroit is non-tendering Evgeny Svechnikov. I would take a gamble on him considering he is young, did manage 8 points in 21 games while not getting a lot of minutes for Detroit and only was -3 on that train wreck.
no thanks.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'll put it this way. I think Parise to Isles is 95% locked in. Suter? 20%. Really think he stays out West.
That's my feeling, though for me Suter is 60-40 signing with Dallas. All these signs seem to be pointing towards leaning Dallas. I think term overrides the Parise Isles contender influence. Also I find Guerin, a Lou player once totally convincing that it may be hard to go against his sales job. I would love to add Suter but only at the right price and term, after clearing the cap with bloated long contracts, I am not thrilled on adding them right away. This goes for Pelech too. Until Trotz arrived, he was not the same D man, I think Lou and Trotz can turn a UFA cheaper D man into the next Pelech if his agent goes crazy. I am all for logo, not individual players that think they are bigger than the team. That's a Lou thing, and I like that particular aspect of his thinking. Won't get too attached to the player. It's all about the team and the internal cap structure. No more Andrew Ladd contracts please.

Reactions: Olliemets

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I love Cizikas but I’m Looking around and I feel like there’s a lot of cheaper and solid options for a 4C.

I hear you. It's just that Casey has that "it" factor. His intangibles are high and I don't care who they bring in to replace him, it will be a drop off in the locker room. Maybe that means nothing, but he is worth a little extra per year given what he brings in terms of things not on the statsheet.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I hear you. It's just that Casey has that "it" factor. His intangibles are high and I don't care who they bring in to replace him, it will be a drop off in the locker room. Maybe that means nothing, but he is worth a little extra per year given what he brings in terms of things not on the statsheet.

I can live with $3mil AAV but I think it’s a mistake to go above that.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The Leddy replacement might already be in house. Maybe Noah Dobson proves he’s ready for 20 minutes a night? It’s the natural progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->