Minimum

7M landeskog
4M Dman
5M Pelech
3M Sorokin
3.5M Beau
3M Cizikas

25.5M

I'm thinking you need to let Casey go and trade Beau for a Dman if you sign a big fish. If u just return Palms then it might be workable. I'd prefer the big fish...

there are no big free agent D men - Hamilton is signing elsewhere.

And I do not know what LHD is available making that much $ - you can sign Dunn and Reilly for less than 4.

Ekholm is the only LHD That I can think of b/c Nashville had him on the block and maybe they entertain a deal for him, but my guess is the ‘22 draft pick and maybe Bolduc is the package.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Serious question...Have you watched him play this year?
Yes, I watched the Habs a lot on Centre Ice.

There are particular teams I like to watch whenever I can because they never get a lot of play nationally on NBC. Montreal, St Louis, Dallas are a few of them.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
alot of noise in July for the NYI. Sure beats the last 30 years or so. Let's see what happens. Lou appears to be watching which way the wind blows. Tons of questions to be answered in the next few days. LGI

Reactions: periferal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I noticed Edmundson constantly taking liberties with the TB forwards in the Cup Final. Imagine him paired with Mayfield in the playoffs? My ribs are cracking at the thought.
Edmundson is a big boy, I'll give him that.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Another D man that you can dangle Beau for - would be Hanifin. not sure Calgary wants to part from this player and if the Isles May have to add. I know Calgary wants to shake things up a lot and they have been very quiet.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
there are no big free agent D men - Hamilton is signing elsewhere.

And I do not know what LHD is available making that much $ - you can sign Dunn and Reilly for less than 4.

Ekholm is the only LHD That I can think of b/c Nashville had him on the block and maybe they entertain a deal for him, but my guess is the ‘22 draft pick and maybe Bolduc is the package.

not a lot of dmen out there. I’m sure Lou sees some options or they would not have traded Leddy. I hope they get someone who can QB a PP. they also will likely sign another Dman for depth.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Minimum

7M landeskog
4M Dman
5M Pelech
3M Sorokin
3.5M Beau
3M Cizikas

25.5M

I'm thinking you need to let Casey go and trade Beau for a Dman if you sign a big fish. If u just return Palms then it might be workable. I'd prefer the big fish...

Honestly I'd rather trade Bailey + something for a D-man. Beau is younger and will cost the same if not less than Bailey.

That said if Casey doesn't take a significant discount ten I think he's gone. That or it'd be crazy to pay him.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Tank is not coming here this summer as Blues is holding on to him. If Isles really want to gamble on him, then maybe RW Bails has to go back the other way to replace him, but I would either demand a cap dump like Hickey included or a good prospect coming back in the deal to insure the gamble and to replace Tank if he walks in 2 years.

Wonder if St. Louis is still that much into Landeskog as they have 6 RFA to resign with 18M cap space unless they can trade Tank???

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
not a lot of dmen out there. I’m sure Lou sees some options or they would not have traded Leddy. I hope they get someone who can QB a PP. they also will likely sign another Dman for depth.

I suspect they will focus on Dobson growing into that role. Otherwise it will be expensive getting a decent D who is a good PP QB.

Or, they would have to settle on a flawed D who is a very good PP QB. Yandle, maybe?

I would still be intrigued with Ghotisbehere in a cap swap deal. Isles likely would not.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Tank is not coming here this summer as Blues is holding on to him. If Isles really want to gamble on him, then maybe RW Bails has to go back the other way to replace him, but I would either demand a cap dump like Hickey included or a good prospect coming back in the deal to insure the gamble and to replace Tank if he walks in 2 years.

Wonder if St. Louis is still that much into Landeskog as they have 6 RFA to resign with 18M cap space unless they can trade Tank???

Your opinion or was something reported?

I can certainly see a Bailey and Panik (or Hickey not sure Blues want this player) for Tank trade - gets the numbers close.

Adding Tank and Palmieri > Bailey and Eberle

also younger

Reactions: buud and periferal

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
A bit surprised at some of these numbers being thrown around by media and some of the reported contracts so far. It’s a flat cap but players are getting just about their maximum values in FA.

Definitely gets me a bit nervous about our own guys, bur hopefully takes us out of the Landeskog sweeps. Can’t wait to see STL give him $9m x 7.
There's a report in a Landy thread on the main board, that the Avs offered him $5.5.
Now,while I think that's a little low, I am even more surprised at the idea of a team offering him $9m per.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Your opinion or was something reported?

I can certainly see a Bailey and Panik (or Hickey not sure Blues want this player) for Tank trade - gets the numbers close.

Adding Tank and Palmieri > Bailey and Eberle

also younger
From the St Louis viewpoint....what are they trying to accomplish this season? It's like being a little pregnant. They're one foot in-one foot out of going total rebuild.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Resigning all RFAs
Resigning Casey and Kyle
Trading Bailey and Panik for Tank
Signing Mike Reilly and Zach Parise
And I’m ok with Aho as the 7th and Hickey and Leo buried for depth

Puts all the puzzle pieces together and makes the team cap compliant and ready

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
From the St Louis viewpoint....what are they trying to accomplish this season? It's like being a little pregnant. They're one foot in-one foot out of going total rebuild.

But I guarantee if they can trade Landeskog and deal Tarasenko they will feel good about themselves.

In fact they are probably waiting until they know what's up with Landeskog before they deal him.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

what do you mean? They are contending.
They move out disgruntled player and replace Schwartz with Bailey. They can easily bury Panik and save 2 off the cap with this move.

They have Kyrou, Thomas, and Barbashev who they all want to see take the next step and they just acquired Buchnevich, who replaces Tank at RW

Top 4 is still very good and Binnington can bounce back if he can keep his emotions in check.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I suspect they will focus on Dobson growing into that role. Otherwise it will be expensive getting a decent D who is a good PP QB.

Or, they would have to settle on a flawed D who is a very good PP QB. Yandle, maybe?

I would still be intrigued with Ghotisbehere in a cap swap deal. Isles likely would not.

Dobson is the plan for sure. But they need someone else unless Aho is going to play. Maybe Pullock. If they are going to win a cup the need a legit PP QB. Yandle is out there. Would prob be cheap. Suter is a great fit but the price might be big.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Honestly I'd rather trade Bailey + something for a D-man. Beau is younger and will cost the same if not less than Bailey.

That said if Casey doesn't take a significant discount ten I think he's gone. That or it'd be crazy to pay him.

And other gm's would also want Beau over Bailey. Seattle even wanted Eberle over Bailey. You aren't the only one that wants young. Beau has more trade value. We are not getting a top 4 reasonable priced d-man for Bailey.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And other gm's would also want Beau over Bailey. Seattle even wanted Eberle over Bailey. You aren't the only one that wants young. Beau has more trade value. We are not getting a top 4 reasonable priced d-man for Bailey.

And thus why I said, "Bailey + something" for a D-man.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
But I guarantee if they can trade Landeskog and deal Tarasenko they will feel good about themselves.

In fact they are probably waiting until they know what's up with Landeskog before they deal him.

I can def. see this being the delay.

Blues have Parayko who is UFA next season and have Thomas, Kyrou, and Buch all as RFAs this season. don’t know how much cap they have to do all of this

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
what do you mean? They are contending.
They move out disgruntled player and replace Schwartz with Bailey. They can easily bury Panik and save 2 off the cap with this move.

They have Kyrou, Thomas, and Barbashev who they all want to see take the next step and they just acquired Buchnevich, who replaces Tank at RW

Top 4 is still very good and Binnington can bounce back if he can keep his emotions in check.
They may think they are contending, but that goaltending is proving otherwise. They are now the SJ Sharks with a Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad