Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
My guess is Lou rides this season with Nelson as the 2C and addresses that position in the offseason. Suppose we end up in the lottery and end up with a high pick and get one of the top Cs. If we get really lucky and end up with Hughes or another legit C who's NHL ready (or very close), he may try to sign Nelson to a friendly deal as 2C/3C and do nothing else.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I saw last night that Pavelski (will be 35 y0) is in last year and Sharks need to sign Karlsson, Donskoi, Meier/Lebanc (both RFA's) ,possibly Thornton I think commentators said they have ~$24M in cap space and since he has never had a major payday that he might look for a big check. I figure Karlsson will be looking for at least $11M AAV. I wonder if LL looks to bring him in on a two year deal and gives him in the $7.5-8.5M range. He is still a high end scorer so I wouldn't be concerned with his age and would be a great player on the PP and having Barzy and him at C would be a nice fit down the middle.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I saw last night that Pavelski (will be 35 y0) is in last year and Sharks need to sign Karlsson, Donskoi, Meier/Lebanc (both RFA's) ,possibly Thornton I think commentators said they have ~$24M in cap space and since he has never had a major payday that he might look for a big check. I figure Karlsson will be looking for at least $11M AAV. I wonder if LL looks to bring him in on a two year deal and gives him in the $7.5-8.5M range. He is still a high end scorer so I wouldn't be concerned with his age and would be a great player on the PP and having Barzy and him at C would be a nice fit down the middle.

We could do worse (and probably will) than Pavelski. He'd probably hold out for a 3rd year but if we could keep it to a 2 year deal, overpaying doesn't really hurt us. Cap space for the next two years is still pretty manageable - even with adding a couple of steep salaries.

Edit - I just looked it up...he's made $46m since 2010. Not too shabby. If he adds $20m over the next 3 years, he's done just fine. Ya know....for the common man anyway.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah, Duchene and the Sens seem to be having positive talks, which makes no sense seeing as how that team is a circus from the owners down. Apparently they may be able to lock up some of that vet core they have.

Yeah I don't get it either, he either loves the city, loves being "the guy", or loves the lack of pressure to win which would be strange since he wanted out of Colorado because he wanted to play in the playoffs more. Who knows? He doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Yeah I don't get it either, he either loves the city, loves being "the guy", or loves the lack of pressure to win which would be strange since he wanted out of Colorado because he wanted to play in the playoffs more. Who knows? He doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

Most of the guys that play in the NHL aren't that sharp. Any of them that come from Canada for the most part barely have a high school education.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Duchene looks like he is going to stay with Ottowa per McKenzie, and Panarin is no guarantee. There's as good of a chance he signs with our rivals than he comes here. You can't blow a team up and place your hopes on getting two potential free agents to sign here.

I agree, I'm just bored because there is a lack of speculation going on.

cagefighter91

Sep 5, 2013
Nick Leddy and Lottery Protected 1st
Adam Henrique and Josh Manson

Lee - Barzal - Bailey
Nelson - Henrique - Eberle
Beauvillier - Filpulla - Komarov
Martin/Ladd - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Toews - Pulock
Hickey - Manson
Pelech - Boychuk/Mayfield

We get a 2C and another RD, Ducks get cap relief, puck moving Dman with term and 1st round pick.
Thoughts?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Most of the guys that play in the NHL aren't that sharp. Any of them that come from Canada for the most part barely have a high school education.

Actually all Torontonians are a bit , you know ,you know . Just try holding a conversation with any of them here . Monocenteroftheuniversenucleosis runs rampant up there . As for all Canadians ( not hockey players ) Most seem pleasant and courteous whether here or on the streets of NYC where I might have met many of them in a random Irish pub on any given day. I realize your post was about the players and I got off topic

LGI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Nick Leddy and Lottery Protected 1st
Adam Henrique and Josh Manson

Lee - Barzal - Bailey
Nelson - Henrique - Eberle
Beauvillier - Filpulla - Komarov
Martin/Ladd - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Toews - Pulock
Hickey - Manson
Pelech - Boychuk/Mayfield

We get a 2C and another RD, Ducks get cap relief, puck moving Dman with term and 1st round pick.
Thoughts?
I don't see it
They already have fowler and Lindholm on the left side

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Isles friends. Just posted this. Agree or disagree?

PC will acquire a PMD man. I do see Leddy as being affordable. But I struggle to see a fit. However, if I am the Isles I do it for a 1st rd pick this draft. Obviously top 10 protected. But I would pull the trigger on this if I am the Isles. Leddy is signed for 5.5M so Oilers would not have to sign him. I may even try to get a prospect from PC too.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

PC will acquire a PMD man. I do see Leddy as being affordable. But I struggle to see a fit. However, if I am the Isles I do it for a 1st rd pick this draft. Obviously top 10 protected. But I would pull the trigger on this if I am the Isles. Leddy is signed for 5.5M so Oilers would not have to sign him. I may even try to get a prospect from PC too.
wonder if pc does leddy for nurse , straight up

Reactions: dood

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Is Chia desperate enough to give up RNH for Leddy?
Cause that deal helps speed up the isles retool more then a 1st.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
wonder if pc does leddy for nurse , straight up
Nurse was a pain in the azz signing for Chia this fall
Does not look like he will be a big point producer, but wants to be paid like one.
Yeah, I do think Leddy for Nurse would hold interest for both teams.

Reactions: TommytheCat

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Lou would probably have to add there I would think. I think RNH would be a pretty useful player about now with his cap hit.

There is a rumor that Duchene is looking for $8m per. I would rather pay the younger RNH $6m,then get in a bidding war and badly over pay Duchene.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Lou would probably have to add there I would think. I think RNH would be a pretty useful player about now with his cap hit.
Add for a former first overall who has yet to break 56 points in his career?

Over the past couple of years Leddy has basically produced on the same level if not better.

If anything Chia would be the one to add not Lou.

Reactions: SI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There is a rumor that Duchene is looking for $8m per. I would rather pay the younger RNH $6m,then get in a bidding war and badly over pay Duchene.

Agree.
Add for a former first overall who has yet to break 56 points in his career?

Over the past couple of years Leddy has basically produced on the same level if not better.

If anything Chia would be the one to add not Lou.

I actually like how RNH's game has rounded into now rather than when he was primarily known as a #1C. I think he would be fine as a #2C, He's having a good year, playing behind McDavid. There is value to what he brings in terms of a proven top 6C. He would get more opportunity on the Island for sure. The problem now is he is almost a PPG through 20 games. The Oil would be selling high.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Agree.

I actually like how RNH's game has rounded into now rather than when he was primarily known as a #1C. I think he would be fine as a #2C, He's having a good year, playing behind McDavid. There is value to what he brings in terms of a proven top 6C. He would get more opportunity on the Island for sure. The problem now is he is almost a PPG through 20 games. The Oil would be selling high.

He is playing with McDavid and the Oilers transition game is dreadful -
Leddy fills a huge need. Oilers still have a 1C and 2C -

I think I would do the deal if both RNH and Nurse came back - expanded deal with a Leddy and Nelson (maybe there are other pieces to level things out)

I would like to see Toews up here before considering a deal for Leddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad