Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I have to disagree.

Eberle is a legit top6 winger. A playoff team looking for more skill and scoring in the top 6 would absolutely give a mate first for Eberle st the deadline.

He’s the exact type of player that you wouldn’t mind giving up a 1st for at the deadline if you think you have a chance to go deep into the playoffs.

Playoff team?? He is already playing on one. :naughty:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
With Pearson shipped off the Pittsburgh, there are some rumblings that Muzzin may be available as well.

Not that I neccesarily think he fits with the timeline of this team, but that would be a big get for NYI. Muzzin-Leddy-Aho/Hickey/Pelech/Toews/Vande Somepl/Wotherspoon would completely revamp the left side.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
With Pearson shipped off the Pittsburgh, there are some rumblings that Muzzin may be available as well.

Not that I neccesarily think he fits with the timeline of this team, but that would be a big get for NYI. Muzzin-Leddy-Aho/Hickey/Pelech/Toews/Vande Somepl/Wotherspoon would completely revamp the left side.

I think Kings would want youth and salary cap relief. So which one of the young D on your list would you give up?

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Not sure the kings are sellers yet. They traded for an older Hagelin.
This is exactly why they're sellers: they just acquired a no-risk piece that can be flipped at the deadline with ease, as he has no term, is in his 30's but possesses speed and "playoff skills" like solid forechecking and board work abilities.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Not sure the kings are sellers yet. They traded for an older Hagelin.
Could just be bad traders, that trade makes no sense from their own perspective unless they believe deeply they can get more from Hagelin than Pearson at the deadline. Only thing that makes sense is this being a desperate grasp at competitiveness before burning it all down.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I have to disagree.

Eberle is a legit top6 winger. A playoff team looking for more skill and scoring in the top 6 would absolutely give a mate first for Eberle st the deadline.

He’s the exact type of player that you wouldn’t mind giving up a 1st for at the deadline if you think you have a chance to go deep into the playoffs.

Eberle is intertwined with JHS.

Josh ain't playing for Bridgeport next year. Which means he's either going to get traded, or Eberle is.

Bailey, Leo, and Clutter are all signed long term.
There is no other opening available for JHS.

I'm curious as to who Lou keeps...

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Eberle is intertwined with JHS.

Josh ain't playing for Bridgeport next year. Which means he's either going to get traded, or Eberle is.

Bailey, Leo, and Clutter are all signed long term.
There is no other opening available for JHS.

I'm curious as to who Lou keeps...

Eberle is the proven player but could be too costly.

We’re deepest on wing as far as prospects go.
I’d sign Lee,Trade Eberle, and see what Ho-Sang can do with some NHL playing time for at least half a season and evaluate him for the future.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Eberle is the proven player but could be too costly.

We’re deepest on wing as far as prospects go.
I’d sign Lee,Trade Eberle, and see what Ho-Sang can do with some NHL playing time for at least half a season and evaluate him for the future.
I am shocked at how many people on here are just willing to "trade Eberle," "get rid of Eberle," "let Eberle go/walk." You people act like 25 goal, 55 point players that are already established just grow on trees. He is 28 people, not 38. He has at least 4-5 peak years left in him. Unless we are signing Panarin, you don just get rid of a player like Eberle without a proven NHLer filling his role.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
This is exactly why they're sellers: they just acquired a no-risk piece that can be flipped at the deadline with ease, as he has no term, is in his 30's but possesses speed and "playoff skills" like solid forechecking and board work abilities.

He’s an impending UFA?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Couldn't we include Pelech (for sure), MVS, Wotherspoon, Quenneville? We'd certainly need to add to any of those to get Muzzin, the question is how much and what?

Purely hypotheticals, but Alec Martinez will help this team more. He’s mobile, can make clean outlets, isn’t a shitshow in his zone, and chips in offense.

Reactions: IODCPiper

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Could just be bad traders, that trade makes no sense from their own perspective unless they believe deeply they can get more from Hagelin than Pearson at the deadline. Only thing that makes sense is this being a desperate grasp at competitiveness before burning it all down.

They desperately need speed and some effort. Slowest team by far in the league.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I am shocked at how many people on here are just willing to "trade Eberle," "get rid of Eberle," "let Eberle go/walk." You people act like 25 goal, 55 point players that are already established just grow on trees. He is 28 people, not 38. He has at least 4-5 peak years left in him. Unless we are signing Panarin, you don just get rid of a player like Eberle without a proven NHLer filling his role.

“Eberle is the proven player but could be too costly.”

I’d love to keep Eberle. I think he’s been excellent.

I’m just doing the math.

1- He’s a pending UFA in his prime and could command a lot of money from a team looking to add a top6 winger.

2- The islanders are deep on the wing in both the NHL and prospect areas.

3- The islanders need to upgrade other areas. Defense and #2 Center. (Nelson has been good but isn’t the ling term answer)

With Ladd Bailey Clutterbuck Komorov and Presumably Lee all signed long term it might not be economically wise to sign Eberle long term.

I think the best course of action would be to sign Lee or Eberle and trade the one unsigned and use the assets or space to improve in other areas. ( because Lee has been named captain and Trotz and Lou seem really high on him I expect him to be retained.)

Ladd is the contract messing everything up. I’d love to give up Ladd in order to keep Eberle but it’s not happening.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Playoff team?? He is already playing on one. :naughty:
Just one thing - he may not get a lot of calls for playoff because he did poorly in the playoff series back in Edmonton. Ebs is actually one of my favorite players but because of his only ever playoff performance I am not sure he will be getting that much interest from top contenders unless it is a team with serious injury to one of their top line wingers. If Sens can't resign Stone, will they be interested in trading Stone for Ebs + as they both are UFA and there may be a chance that Eberle may be interested in playing for a Canadian team again. I like Eberle but it will be really hard for Isles to resign all 3 UFA and Trotz seems to like big physical player with skills so I am guessing he may let Ebs go before Nelson and Lee.

I think Isles should go after Mark Stone this summer (if he goes the UFA route) very hard as I see him as the perfect complimentary player for Barzy. Stone is solid both ways and when he is on his game he can be real game changer and he is usually super competitive, especially in big games. Of course Sens may try very hard to resign him so not sure if he will be at all available and there will be other teams going hard after him as well. Wahlstrom may work out as a top line RW but it will take him at least a couple years transitioning into NHL fully and there is always that question mark if he will commit to the team drafted him. Why not have two already productive RW & then have Walhstrom as a blue chip that can be used in a future package to acquire an experienced #1 D (in his prime). If you can't sign Stone, then you can always keep Walhstrom as a back up plan. I would hesitate to put JHS on Barzal's line as Ho Sang lacks defensive awareness. I would probably plug Ho Sang on off-wing on line #1 or line#2.

Looks LA is willing to make some changes to their team and I would ask them now to see if Martinez is also available & what would they insist to go the other way? Of course the return should exclude Dobson/Walhstrom and 2019 #1 pick as this is a very strong draft year & Isles already do not have their 2nd round pick.
'

por2gues

Aug 2, 2005
Obviously pleasantly surprised with the early play of our Islanders.

One question I've been thinking about for some time now is where would we look to upgrade?

2nd line center? Brock's been pretty good.
Top 6 winger? Other than ladd, who we can't move, who?
Bottom 6? Probably the most surprising aspect of the early play of the isles.
Defense? Looks like we have upgrades in house playing in Bridgeport
Goalie? Both have played pretty well so far?

Thoughts?

Reactions: IODCPiper

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Obviously pleasantly surprised with the early play of our Islanders.

One question I've been thinking about for some time now is where would we look to upgrade?

2nd line center? Brock's been pretty good.
Top 6 winger? Other than ladd, who we can't move, who?
Bottom 6? Probably the most surprising aspect of the early play of the isles.
Defense? Looks like we have upgrades in house playing in Bridgeport
Goalie? Both have played pretty well so far?

Thoughts?
A center who uses his wings would be an upgrade.
Anyone.
Too many of them.
We need someone to push all of them down NOW, not in three years.
Least of our problems at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad