Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
He is playing with McDavid and the Oilers transition game is dreadful -
Leddy fills a huge need. Oilers still have a 1C and 2C -

I think I would do the deal if both RNH and Nurse came back - expanded deal with a Leddy and Nelson (maybe there are other pieces to level things out)

I would like to see Toews up here before considering a deal for Leddy.

If it was Nurse and RNH i would be interested. I wouldn’t include Nelson. I’m not ready to give up on this roster yet. Let’s get Martin and Czikas back and see how it goes before doing anything crazy. I’d be open to adding a depth Center. Gionta is past it.

Reactions: xECK29x

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
If this team needs a goalie in the off season why do we keep thinking Bobrovsky? Shouldn't the number one guy be Semyon Varlamov? He's a legit #1 who also has ties to Ilya Sorokin. Would be a match made in heaven.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If it was Nurse and RNH i would be interested. I wouldn’t include Nelson. I’m not ready to give up on this roster yet. Let’s get Martin and Czikas back and see how it goes before doing anything crazy. I’d be open to adding a depth Center. Gionta is past it.

Gionta should not be on the roster. Fritz should have been the choice.
And that shows the poor choices down on the farm.

I agree I would like to wait it out, but to add to that - Add Toews to Cizikas and Martin -

Bring him up and by Christmas see where you are at -

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Recent rumors that Kovy could be looking to get out of LA. Almost all of his contract is paid for this season.... add him and Martinez or Muzzin would be a good shot in the arm for this team...

Martinez/Muzzin - Pulock
Leddy - Boychuk
Toews - Mayfield

Pelech/Hickey

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
You don't improve by getting rid of your best player at any certain position (LD). You improve by acquiring players to push that player down the depth chart. Burning the candle at both ends never works unless your goal is to burn yourself. Hickey, Pelech, Mayfield, Sbisa are the pieces to be moved on D, being that it's currently a team weakness.

You improve on weakness by dealing from strength. In the Isles case that is in young wingers or veteran top six forwards on expiring contracts. Trading Leddy would be extremely foolish.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Kovy has been ok in LA on a struggling team. His contract isn't an albatross, and his presence might help bring over Sorokin. He would replace Leddy on PP1 IMO and with Barzal 5V5. It would allow Lou to trade Eberle, and not have to worry about a replacement for the next couple years.

I just really hope Lou is looking at improving that LHD, because I believe it's killing them right now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I like his breakouts and offense. Muzzin is too slow, we need puck movers.

And yeah, money hungry *******, wants to bail when the going gets tough. Paging Mr. Alex Yashin.

He doesn't have many years left so he wants to be on a contender. The Kings just aren't anymore.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I feel that we have to see what we have in Toews and that means Hickey is the #7 dman, and if Toews doesn't show much then we have to go out and get Yandle for LD, I think he has a bad contract and maybe they can take Clutter back in turn.

This team has to make deadline deals this year to make a playoff run, I think this is a year to do that.

Quite honestly, Pulock has slowly become the biggest letdown

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Kovy has been ok in LA on a struggling team. His contract isn't an albatross, and his presence might help bring over Sorokin. He would replace Leddy on PP1 IMO and with Barzal 5V5. It would allow Lou to trade Eberle, and not have to worry about a replacement for the next couple years.

I just really hope Lou is looking at improving that LHD, because I believe it's killing them right now.

As per a thread on the main boards kovy is slow and old

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
As per a thread on the main boards kovy is slow and old

I sort of agree, I think Jeff Carter is more the player that I would want from LA if they are trading older players, Toffoli is probably not on the table, he would be the best guy to acquire... since realistically Kopitar and Doughty are not on the market

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Ok watched the Kings vs Oilers game tonight... the Kings aren't selling off pieces at all, they are getting Quick back and I think they are going to be competitive.

I do think they hate Kovy and are shopping him. Kovy did not play past midway through the 2nd period and Kings announcers were saying that in a close game you can't have him on the ice, because he is such a defensive liability.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

I wanted Kovy if that meant Tavares was coming back. Now that our team is already very slow, we don't need him.

If we had a lot of speed, then we could use him, but not at this juncture.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
O

I do think they hate Kovy and are shopping him. Kovy did not play past midway through the 2nd period and Kings announcers were saying that in a close game you can't have him on the ice, because he is such a defensive liability.

Wow that is some backhanded swipe.
Not many team announcers would be that blunt about a player on a team they cover.
Clearly, these announcers think Kovy is on his way out of L.A..

He has a big cap hit for another 2+ seasons
Not in favor of adding a declining Kovy who will have to be sheltered late,in close games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad