Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I feel pretty bad about it tbh. Rather move Leddy their way, especially after Chiarelli'comments about how they don't have any good passing defenseman.

RNH is currently playing at a PPG pace and has 65 points in his last 79 games, so I doubt Edmonton would be interested in moving him without addressing their real needs.

Would you prefer including Toews instead of a pick, or doing Leddy for RNH straight up?

Reactions: IODCPiper

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I like that Lamoriello keeps things close to the vest, but I really hope he's making some offers for Nylander. He would be a perfect #2 center behind Barzal. I would offer Nelson & Beauvillier (Bellows takes his place). Do you guys an gals think that would be enough ?

I think Toronto would want D instead of 2 forwards.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Leddy for Nurse would be my offer. Oilers get their puck moving D and Isles get a player who is better in the D zone.
If we traded Leddy for Nurse, EDM fans would then tell us that Leddy is better than Nurse. So we should make it Leddy for Nurse+.

;)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
In a series of moves, trading Eberle for a 1st+ and trading Leddy for Nylander would help us in the coming years. If we could swing for the fences with Erik Karlsson in the offseason we're in prime real estate.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
In a series of moves, trading Eberle for a 1st+ and trading Leddy for Nylander would help us in the coming years. If we could swing for the fences with Erik Karlsson in the offseason we're in prime real estate.

Let's check in and see how Karlsson is doing with the high-powered Sharks...

giphy.gif

Jack Johnson

Jan 27, 2018
I Know About A Pair Of Trades That Lou Lamoriello Can Make,Righ Now,To Upgrade The Power Play.

The First Trade That He Would Make Is Anthony Beauvillier,Stephen Gionta,Kiefer Bellows & Michael Dal Colle To The Columbus Blue Jackets For Artemi Panarin.

The Other Trade That He Would Make Is David Quenneville,Devon Toews,Robin Salo & Sebastian Aho To The Minnesota Wild For Ryan Suter.

After He Make Those Trades,Barry Trotz Would Then Be Able To Set Up Their Lines Like This.:

Left Wing-Center-Right Wing

Artemi Panarin-Mathew Barzal-Jordan Eberle
Anders Lee-Brock Nelson-Josh Bailey
Andrew Ladd-Valtteri Filppula-Leo Komarov
Matt Martin-Casey Cizikas-Cal Clutterbuck

Left Defense-Right Defense

Nick Leddy-Johnny Boychuk
Ryan Suter-Ryan Pulock
Thomas Hickey-Luca Sbisa

Starting Goalie

Robin Lehner

Backup Goalie

Thomas Greiss

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
The legend himself is back boys! I’ve been waiting for this day...

As for the proposals themselves, interesting ideas Jack but the lack of a certain Kris Versteeg makes me hesitant to approve of them.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I Know About A Pair Of Trades That Lou Lamoriello Can Make,Righ Now,To Upgrade The Power Play.

The First Trade That He Would Make Is Anthony Beauvillier,Stephen Gionta,Kiefer Bellows & Michael Dal Colle To The Columbus Blue Jackets For Artemi Panarin.

The Other Trade That He Would Make Is David Quenneville,Devon Toews,Robin Salo & Sebastian Aho To The Minnesota Wild For Ryan Suter.

After He Make Those Trades,Barry Trotz Would Then Be Able To Set Up Their Lines Like This.:

Ryan Suter-Ryan Pulock
Thomas Hickey-Luca Sbisa

Starting Goalie

Robin Lehner

Backup Goalie

Thomas Greiss

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

Ryan Suter-Ryan Pulock
Thomas Hickey-Luca Sbisa

Starting Goalie

Robin Lehner

Backup Goalie

Thomas Greiss

I Forgot About This Guy. Welcome Back Jack

Reactions: danteipp

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

Ryan Suter-Ryan Pulock
Thomas Hickey-Luca Sbisa

Starting Goalie

Robin Lehner

Backup Goalie

Thomas Greiss

I Don't Post As Much As I Used To But I Need To Acknowledge How Great These Moves Are. Great Work, Jack.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hate to tell you, NOBODY is giving us a 1st for Eberle, let alone a 1st+. And considering Leddy's last 2 years, it may take more than Leddy for Nylander.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

Ryan Suter-Ryan Pulock
Thomas Hickey-Luca Sbisa

Starting Goalie

Robin Lehner

Backup Goalie

Thomas Greiss

this is one of us, just positing under another name for sh!ts and giggles right? , although if we were tracking this as criminal, it is missing the signature "My New York Islanders"

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Also RNH is playing With McDavid - because Draisaitl needs to be the 2C and they have no one who can play with McD. So, playing RNH at LW with McD solves two problems. Long term? Don't know if it is a solution

RNH at 6m looks like a piece they can move for the right pieces. They need help at D and top 6 F's

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hate to tell you, NOBODY is giving us a 1st for Eberle, let alone a 1st+. And considering Leddy's last 2 years, it may take more than Leddy for Nylander.

I have to disagree.

Eberle is a legit top6 winger. A playoff team looking for more skill and scoring in the top 6 would absolutely give a mate first for Eberle st the deadline.

He’s the exact type of player that you wouldn’t mind giving up a 1st for at the deadline if you think you have a chance to go deep into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad