Rumor: Rumors & Proposals VII: Nothing imminent; Cavalry is not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'm big on trading Eberle to improve the team, although I feel he would be good on another team.

His interview last night on CBC was pretty depressing, really felt for the guy and the situation he is stuck in. Really seemed hopeless.

Hate to say it but it seems like the losing mentality needs to be broken up.. Scorched earth incoming?

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
The "losing mentality" was on my mind back when this "rebuild" started. Perennial 8th-11th place finishers find retooling for a Cup run to be tough, but they are used to fighting hard every single season. Give some guys a few years to finish dead last and they don't learn how to fight for every little point.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Surprised MacT threw Perron's name under the bus today but said nothing about Mr.Eberle.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

wondering what oilers fans mind set would be on this type of trade:

to boston: Eberle

To edmonton: 1) Malcolm subban (he will be a stud goalie in a year or two. guy has a winning attitude and is passionate player like his brother)
2)Danielle Paille / Greg Campbell (quality third liner on the oilers, adds depth, kills penalties with the best of them)
3)Ryan Spooner (not a number one Center, but very quick, good set up man, has led the providence bruins in points the past 2 year).
4)Kevan Miller - depth dman. sticks up for team mates, big body.

I know its not the package oilers fans want, but that one superstar is not available around the league. Its time to trade one of your pieces for quality depth, and a number one goalie. Benny Scrivens is a quality back up.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Rumors & Proposals VII: Perron for Anisimov? [Details on 1st Post]

Old thread hit the limit. New one is up. Have at it.

-------

PERRON FOR ANISIMOV?

@TSNAaronWard
One of the trade options EDM is looking at for David Perron is with Columbus Blue Jackets.EDM focus maybe on center Artem Anisimov. #TSN
CBJ brass John Davidson,Jarmo Kekelainen well familiar w/ Perron from their days w/ Blues.Perron one of many trade options EDM exploring.
Be interesting to see if the two teams, #Oilers and #BlueJackets , use this as a foundation for a bigger deal. #TSN

@Aportzline
Hearing chatter that a deal between #CBJ and #Oilers is well along in the process. @TSNAaronWard mentions Perron and Anisimov as likely#CBJ did not have a scout in EDM, but don't really need input on Perron. Davidson and Kekalainen know Perron well from #stlblues days.#CBJ would have a hard time parting with C Artem Anisimov. Big part of this club is its center depth, and Anisimov a big part of that.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
Can't say with certainty an EDM-CBJ trade will be consummated but by all accounts they're working very hard to make something happen.
See @TSNAaronWard's timeline for details. Perron and Anisimov primary names mentioned but others are also apparently being discussed.

@SUNdvandiest
I expect #Oilers to make a trade before the end of the road trip. Know Craig MacTavish is trying hard to make one happen ...

Elliot Friedman
Perron Could Be Dealt In Days. Columbus, Montreal, And Maybe Pittsburgh Interested

McKenzie: Oilers Eyeing Berglund; Schenn
http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2014/11/26/mckenzie-oilers-eyeing-blues-berglund-flyers-schenn

Last edited by a moderator:

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I am buying a boyd gordon jersey. I thought of doing it last year but figured he was the only player other teams would give up a good return for so we might give him up in order to continue this idea that guys like jordan the ranch eberle were going to get us to the promised land

Im convinced mact will not be dealing gordon.

If he gets traded my second team, the bruins, will be very interested and i can still wear it with pride.

The guy is a gem. A rarity in edmonton where all these guys are fed ideas that they are golden and i guess guys cant see they are consistently toilet droppings.

MISC*

Would you guys be Interested in Bonino? 1.9 for 3 years.

Yak or Eb?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Would you guys be Interested in Bonino? 1.9 for 3 years.

Yak or Eb?

I would for sure be interested in Bonino, but out of curiosity, is this proposal coming from a desire to get rid of him, or a desire to get one of our players? I only ask because you guys just acquired him this summer and he seems to be performing well thus far.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Has there ever been a GM to take a bottom 5 NHL team to a playoff team during the season making moves?

These kinda moves need to be made during the summer, not during the season.

Timo

May 23, 2007
Edmonton
Shauger is convinced MacT is shopping Schultz hard.

Very interesting. Outside of Edmonton, he could have a bit of value.

Second line centre value, though?

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Has there ever been a GM to take a bottom 5 NHL team to a playoff team during the season making moves?

These kinda moves need to be made during the summer, not during the season.

I don't honestly think it would matter if we made the playoffs or not at season's end, this team NEEDS to start showing some promise. If some moves were made and we moved up to like 20th to finish the season, wouldn't you be happy and have some renewed faith in this team?

MISC*

I would for sure be interested in Bonino, but out of curiosity, is this proposal coming from a desire to get rid of him, or a desire to get one of our players? I only ask because you guys just acquired him this summer and he seems to be performing well thus far.

I think Yak would flourish with our vets, coach and system.

That's why. Bonino is awesome. I just think Yak under the right tuitlidge could be a game breaker.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Yak would flourish with our vets, coach and system.

That's why. Bonino is awesome. I just think Yak under the right tuitlidge could be a game breaker.

I don't think there's a great deal of interest in the Oilers giving a no.1 overall pick to a rival and having him then develop there. The optics would be very, very bad even if the Oilers get a decent player back.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Lots of talk on the radio in calgary about the oilers. They are seriously obsessed. I havn't listened to the radio in weeks here and low an behold still talking about the oilers today as there were weeks ago. Anyways, here is a little clip of Friedman on their morning show if anyones interested.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/boomer-morning/friedman-changes-on-the-horizon-for-oilers/

I wanted to post what I heard this afternoon, Kerr and his side kick absolutely ripped a strip off the oilers organization. It isn't up in their archive yet but when it is I'll post it here . It was actually pretty funny because they certainly didn't hold back.

MISC*

I don't think there's a great deal of interest in the Oilers giving a no.1 overall pick to a rival and having him then develop there. The optics would be very, very bad even if the Oilers get a decent player back.

Yak could flop and the Oil get a excellent C on a steal of a deal. Risk works both ways

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Good news. I'd take a bag of pucks at this point.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Calgary is riding a wave when it crashes then they will see they have nothing. I watch their games just to see what the Hockey Gods cast them. The HG treat the Oilers as we took a triple coiler on his/her front lawn.
Why are we putting names out in the press again.... that worked so well last time

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

JSchultz + 2nd round pick 2015 + Ference (retained salary) could get you a decent return. How's that for some culture change?

birchy

Jun 30, 2014
I still think we should go after Eric Staal.. that being said, a stud D-man is still a priority. Oh.. and a real coach.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I still think we should go after Eric Staal.. that being said, a stud D-man is still a priority. Oh.. and a real coach.

A Staal move sounds more like a Kesler to Anahiem situation. A great player going to a great team. I know we are desperate to win, but we aren't in 'win now' mode. It's just bad asset management to trade for a player who seems likely to leave ASAP when his deal is done, which is only 1.5 seasons away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad