Rumor: Rumors & Proposals VII: Nothing imminent; Cavalry is not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Not that I am tyring to make him the big scapegoat but something has to give. He is the softest in the corners, he is so week on the puck. He gets passenger points, I don't recall the last time we scored a goal and it was all ebs.

The reason I want to see him traded is two fold, one is simple, at this point we should be going for Connor, so something has to give and I don't want to it to be Nuge or Hall.

Second is that we have to send a big message to the group. No more buddy buddy system. If you don't perform your gone.

I like Ebs for the record, but he is too soft, takes too many nights off. would love to see a shake up. Trade him for a first round pick to a playoff team

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Only players I would not trade are:

4th Line, RNH, Draisaitl, Yak, Marincin, Pouliot (he's broken) Petry, Fayne and Ference (he's going no where).

I look for 1/2 top pair Dmen, 2nd line C (or 1st line C) with the rest
Tank the season (inevitable) and UFA up.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
I don't trust MacT and crew to butter toast, never mind trade a major(?) asset they haven't been able to develop.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Not that I am tyring to make him the big scapegoat but something has to give. He is the softest in the corners, he is so week on the puck. He gets passenger points, I don't recall the last time we scored a goal and it was all ebs.

The reason I want to see him traded is two fold, one is simple, at this point we should be going for Connor, so something has to give and I don't want to it to be Nuge or Hall.

Second is that we have to send a big message to the group. No more buddy buddy system. If you don't perform your gone.

I like Ebs for the record, but he is too soft, takes too many nights off. would love to see a shake up. Trade him for a first round pick to a playoff team

Trading Eberle at this point would yield a low return. Gm's in the NHL don't do favours....they jump on weakness. The vultures are circling and MacT knows it.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010

lol you are dreaming. the oilers haven't believed in accountability for almost a decade.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
where is the "depends on the return" button?

i wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him, especially for a late 1st like OP suggested.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
As much as it'd hurt to see him go, I'd trade him. Try and get a Top-Paring Defender for him, but at the very least a very solid Top Four Defender.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Trading Eberle at this point would yield a low return. Gm's in the NHL don't do favours....they jump on weakness. The vultures are circling and MacT knows it.

you can still get what he is worth, probably not much, but some one will take him.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
lol you are dreaming. the oilers haven't believed in accountability for almost a decade.

Well it's his hypothetical situation, just like this thread is. Me personally I don't have as big as problem with MacT as others. Eakins experiment was a disaster...but I am souring on some of the (not RNH or Yak). Bunch of high school mentality bums.

Between what Perron said and what the caller who sat behind the bench said, I'm done.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I would only trade him for a trade that makes sense for the team not just to get rid of him. What teams would be interested him and what would be a fair return. He still is a legit top line right winger.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Well it's his hypothetical situation, just like this thread is. Me personally I don't have as big as problem with MacT as others. Eakins experiment was a disaster...but I am souring on some of the (not RNH or Yak). Bunch of high school mentality bums.

Between what Perron said and what the caller who sat behind the bench said, I'm done.

What did they say

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Offloading players for the sake of change is the last thing this team should be doing.

offloading players becuase we want to tank to get a true eliete player like McDAvid is not a bad idea. It isn't for a the sake of change... when a team sucks you should change things!!!!!!!

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
What did they say

Some players were rolling their eyes and not paying attention to what Eakins was saying / doing during a time out. I also don't buy that Eakins lost the entire room because some players still perform respectably. The veterans do their assignments and jobs...the 4th line is amazing this year. I'm not defending the Halls and Eberles any more.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Yes

and also Yak

and Drai to junior

The thing is: the type of players we need aren't going to come without an overpayment. We would lose both trades but be better for it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
offloading players becuase we want to tank to get a true eliete player like McDAvid is not a bad idea. It isn't for a the sake of change... when a team sucks you should change things!!!!!!!

And that would probably start with the people who have overseen the suckage the longest.

Also given we're two points out of last without too many injuries should only tell you how bad we really are.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Yes

and also Yak

and Drai to junior

The thing is: the type of players we need aren't going to come without an overpayment. We would lose both trades but be better for it.

I still would keep Yak, he won't ever be a star player, but at least he works. The big thing with eberle is how much he floats. I feel like trading him is getting rid of the toe drag dippsy doodle culture.

actually I would love to trade ebs just to put Yaks on the first line. give him a shot to shine

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Why just eberle? I would trade any player on this team without batting an eye and that includes Hall.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Why just eberle? I would trade any player on this team without batting an eye and that includes Hall.

Well I am talking about the core, deal Nikitin to whomever, Fasth, scrivens, etc, all gone if there were any takers.

not so sure I would deal Hall.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Yes

and also Yak

and Drai to junior

Why Yak? He's not a problem this year. He gives a **** 100% of the time on the ice and made a HUGE effort to improve his defensive (and English) play so much so he's better than everyone in our top 6 at it minus RNH.

Sorry we don't have enough try and heart on this team to be selling it for a low cost because you'd be trading Yak at a low which is pointless. He's not at all part of the problem.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Absolutely and soon before the rest of the league realizes he's as lazy and overpaid as he is.

Otherwise the team will be bogged down with another player like Hemsky who they hang onto way too long and get nothing in return.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Not until management is replaced. Can't trust the idiots in charge to make a real hockey trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese