Rumor: Rumors & Proposals VII: Nothing imminent; Cavalry is not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Why not? Why should any player on this team get a free pass? Hall was terrible tonight.

Ya, but over all he still looks like a steal on his 6 mill a year contract.

Eberle not so much.

I just think Eberle is a floater. I would get rid of him for a pick well we could. I think trading him changes to culture of the room.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Eberle not so much.

I just think Eberle is a floater. I would get rid of him for a pick well we could. I think trading him changes to culture of the room.

I really hope management doesn't agree with this line of thinking.

Eberle was really effective under previous coaches.

The answer is clear: Fire all of management. If the players still suck, then consider shipping them out.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I really hope management doesn't agree with this line of thinking.

Eberle was really effective under previous coaches.

The answer is clear: Fire all of management. If the players still suck, then consider shipping them out.

Coaching changes etc won't change that much. Mac T has actually made good moves. the biggest problem is we have to many floaters getting lots of minutes. Ebs scores, a bit, but he just floats every other time.

Reality is the Eakisn was a good coach in the AHL, Mac T has made good moves. Lowe well every one hates him doesn't do crap. IT is the players that have to start to take the blame. I start with Ebs.

After that sure, get rid of Nikitin and a few others. I really think the dressing room need a culture change.

let yaks take ebs minutes, at least he hits and plays hard. then bring in a scrub hard worker to take yaks role.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Last year my answer would have been yes (provided the return was a top-6 center or a top-pairing defender).

I'm not sure he has that much value anymore. The team could easily get a mid- to late-first round pick + for him, but the team needs all of the legitimate NHLers it can get.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Coaching changes etc won't change that much. Mac T has actually made good moves. the biggest problem is we have to many floaters getting lots of minutes. Ebs scores, a bit, but he just floats every other time.

Reality is the Eakisn was a good coach in the AHL, Mac T has made good moves. Lowe well every one hates him doesn't do crap. IT is the players that have to start to take the blame. I start with Ebs.

After that sure, get rid of Nikitin and a few others. I really think the dressing room need a culture change.

let yaks take ebs minutes, at least he hits and plays hard. then bring in a scrub hard worker to take yaks role.

MacT has barely plugged any holes in this roster. His center depth is still atrocious, his goaltending is barely above AHL level, and his defense is awful.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Why Yak? He's not a problem this year. He gives a **** 100% of the time on the ice and made a HUGE effort to improve his defensive (and English) play so much so he's better than everyone in our top 6 at it minus RNH.

Sorry we don't have enough try and heart on this team to be selling it for a low cost because you'd be trading Yak at a low which is pointless. He's not at all part of the problem.

He aint part of the solution right now.

This team is a mess and there's nobody I'm unwilling to trade at this point. His value may be low right now but what makes anyone think it's going to rise playing for this team? If the op is talking about trading Eberle for a late 1st he must be happy with a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Yak right?

BigBush*

As much as it'd hurt to see him go, I'd trade him. Try and get a Top-Paring Defender for him, but at the very least a very solid Top Four Defender.

Trading for a top pairing Dman is so damn hard, and I'm not sure Eberle gets you one.
See if you can go Eberle for Puliot + Scuderi.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
MacT has barely plugged any holes in this roster. His center depth is still atrocious, his goaltending is barely above AHL level, and his defense is awful.

His goaltending is better than what he started with. He has got Fayne, Pouliot, Perron, all good players this team needs. He has made some mistake too, Nikitin sucks. Overall he isn't the problem.

Team needs a work ethic shake up and it starts with the laziest guy on the team. EBs.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
His goaltending is better than what he started with. He has got Fayne, Pouliot, Perron, all good players this team needs. He has made some mistake too, Nikitin sucks. Overall he isn't the problem.

Team needs a work ethic shake up and it starts with the laziest guy on the team. EBs.

I dunno, Dubnyk looks decent for Phoenix. Pouliot is whatever. Perron looks like he's caught Oileritis.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that Mact was the reason Brad Hunt stayed up over Marincin.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
He aint part of the solution right now.

This team is a mess and there's nobody I'm unwilling to trade at this point. His value may be low right now but what makes anyone think it's going to rise playing for this team? If the op is talking about trading Eberle for a late 1st he must be happy with a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Yak right?

Not part of the solution? Not being part of the problem is being part of the solution.

Eberle needs to go for another player not a pick. No reason a solid player can't be had for him.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I dunno, Dubnyk looks decent for Phoenix. Pouliot is whatever. Perron looks like he's caught Oileritis.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that Mact was the reason Brad Hunt stayed up over Marincin.

Dubnyk is a best a good back up, he was good for stretches here too.

Hunt was horrible, yes, Mac T isn't perfect but I think he has brought more than he started with.

Any way, poll is 25-4 in favour. seems the majority is on my side.

ps, not saying we shouldn't also fire Eakins, fine, maybe. I just think this team needs a shake up and it starts with ebs, guy is week on the puck an a floater.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Dubnyk is a best a good back up, he was good for stretches here too.

Hunt was horrible, yes, Mac T isn't perfect but I think he has brought more than he started with.

Any way, poll is 25-4 in favour. seems the majority is on my side.

ps, not saying we shouldn't also fire Eakins, fine, maybe. I just think this team needs a shake up and it starts with ebs, guy is week on the puck an a floater.

I'd like to see Eberle (and a lot of other players) with an effective management and coach. The players deserve part of the blame, don't get me wrong, but there's far more things wrong with the Oilers.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'd like to see Eberle (and a lot of other players) with an effective management and coach. The players deserve part of the blame, don't get me wrong, but there's far more things wrong with the Oilers.
The hard part is the core has lost so much they don't seem to have a drive to win. Out of the big 3 one has to go to wake the other 2 up. And I'd rather it be ebs

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Get rid of the ****ing morons running the show.

Then look at shaking up the core.

Trade Eberle for a first rounder? Lets trade RNH and Hall for draft picks while we are at it. Kick off another 5 year rebuild while we are at it.

This board is ludicrous. I can't stand this place sometimes. Good job on finding another scape goat everyone. Getting rid of Eberle will definitely make things better. Mhmm yeah. For sure.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Team is the worst it has been in years. Coincided directly with MacT taking over and hiring Eakins.

That's on him. Not a player that is perennially one of the leading scorers on this team.

Connor Mcdavey*

Eberle not so much.

Can I ask you something? How does a player who continually commits costly turnovers and still hasn't learned that CHL toe drags don't fly in your books look like a "Steal" at 6 million? Seguin at his cap, Tavares at his cap, and a few others in the league are truly a steal. They also lead their teams to the playoffs... don't ****ing tell me Hall is a steal, he's a piece of trash offensively and defensively, I wouldn't even wipe my ass with him.. he's such a fluke player and I promise as long as this little brat is on this team the oilers will remain bottom dwellers.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Literally the only player on this team I wouldn't trade at this point is RNH. Honest.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Not part of the solution? Not being part of the problem is being part of the solution.

Eberle needs to go for another player not a pick. No reason a solid player can't be had for him.

One point every 3 games or so is a huge part of the problem from a first overall pick. Dont give me the BS that he doesnt get the icetime or play with the right people, he's never shown consistency or chemistry with anyone here.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Literally the only player on this team I wouldn't trade at this point is RNH. Honest.

Even RNH in the right deal is gone in my book. A top pairing d-man would be mighty tempting, especially when we're virtually guaranteed McDavid or Eichel.:laugh:

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Rebuilding failed

It is best to admit that the rebuilding failed. Oilers have wrong group of players. I would not start trading Eberle. First we need to trade 2015 ufa's Petry, Fasth etc. Them we need to find takes for Purcell and Perron. Maybe Arco if somebody wants to dump salary and send pick here too.

Lowe, Mac and Eakins should be showed the door. After all this I would be open to trade Eberle

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
This team can't even produce a viable whipping boy.

Oh wait. Nikitin, Schultz, Arcobello.

I'd trade anyone for an improvement at this point. But I agree with those wondering if you can trust the braintrust to properly evaluate a player.

It basically has to be Weber or they'll screw it up.

thebogdan

Jul 14, 2009
I voted 'no'. It's hard to watch what Dallas Eakins is doing from the sideline, imagine having to play for him! I have ZERO faith in Oiler's pro-scouting team; I worry who we get back for Eberle will be just as useless, if not more useless, under this management.

Additionally, his budding acting career might create some young Oilers fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad