Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where Creativity is murdered by Skepticism and the Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I like the idea of going hard after Subban. He's not the player he was, but he's someone that can still insulate defenceman lower on the roster.

If it takes something like the 8th, Benson/Yamamoto/Puljujarvi/Jones, and Sekera (for the cap). Then I think that's the kind of trade you need to go for.

If you upgrade the offence from the backend, then that helps your forwards even if you don't upgrade them directly.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Yamamoto*-RNH-Puljujarvi*
Lucic-Khaira-Gagner
Gambardella-Brodziak-Russell
Cave

Nurse-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Jones/Bear/Bouchard/Persson

*I'm suggesting Yama and Pulju, as they still have the highest upside in my eyes; however I have that second line as an open competition between those two plus Benson, Marody, and even Gambardella and Currie (basically whoever doesn't go in my supposed Subban deal). Gagner drives the offence for the soft minutes parade/3rd line, and the 4th line gives you a couple cheap grinders to rotate through for defensive starts.

Actually, I think he's just having a down year. Would love to poach him from Nashville.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Gonna be a very interesting summer coming up for these failed playoff Canadian teams with Marner, Laine, and Tkachuk all up for new contracts. I hope they all play hardball and squeeze as much out of their teams as possible.

Reactions: TB12

Mr Tadakichi

Nov 23, 2014
He was hurt to start the year and even in an off year he had 31 points in 63 games.

Exactly. I am not sure if the word was 100% confirmed from inside that Nashville wants to move on, but they really can't expect a haul from him now if they have no confidence in keeping him. He will bounce back and, unless they do get good assets for him, it's going to look silly.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Exactly. I am not sure if the word was 100% confirmed from inside that Nashville wants to move on, but they really can't expect a haul from him now if they have no confidence in keeping him. He will bounce back and, unless they do get good assets for him, it's going to look silly.
The one thing they have going for them is a lot of teams are always looking for defense. There is a chance they could swing a hockey deal here.

Could see them making two moves. One moving Subban for forward help and then another moving Turris out. With the end result being a better fit up front and them finding a different d-man to come in.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The one thing they have going for them is a lot of teams are always looking for defense. There is a chance they could swing a hockey deal here.

Could see them making two moves. One moving Subban for forward help and then another moving Turris out. With the end result being a better fit up front and them finding a different d-man to come in.

I would kick a tire on Turris, actually. 4 time 20 goal scorer. Idk, he's a talented guy when things go his way, and he'd be cheap... Likely has less value than Lucic.

If we could off load a contract, and Nashville retains ... Although 5 more years is a long time for a 29 year old that just fell off a cliff.

Mr Tadakichi

Nov 23, 2014
I would kick a tire on Turris, actually. 4 time 20 goal scorer. Idk, he's a talented guy when things go his way, and he'd be cheap... Likely has less value than Lucic.

If we could off load a contract, and Nashville retains ... Although 5 more years is a long time for a 29 year old that just fell off a cliff.

Wouldn't want to take that risk. It's not even a recent thing either, Turris' numbers haven't been too great for 2 years now (not with what his contract is anyway)

Once again though, he may be playing injured. Maybe a long break will see him return to form.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I don't like the looks of his resume. His time in the West hasn't been great.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Wouldn't want to take that risk. It's not even a recent thing either, Turris' numbers haven't been too great for 2 years now (not with what his contract is anyway)

Once again though, he may be playing injured. Maybe a long break will see him return to form.

Idk, I think the deal would have to be right, but God damn we need forward talent.

But I'd probably do something to the effect of like looch + brodz + Manning for Turris @ 2m retained. We get short term cap relief + chance Turris can maybe score 15, Nash gets long-term cap relief and some push back.

Still kinda tough to swallow though.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Taken from main board. List of what Ottawa has given up, with the question has any other team given up more?

Robin Lehner vezina nominee
Ben Bishop vezina nominee
Zdeno Chara Norris trophy winger
Nick Foligno captain and 2nd liner
Matt Duchene 1st line center
Ryan Dzingel 2nd line winger
Erik Karlsson 2x Norris winner
Marc Stone selke candidate 1st line winger

Others
Jason Spezza
Marc Methot

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Taken from main board. List of what Ottawa has given up, with the question has any other team given up more?

Robin Lehner vezina nominee
Ben Bishop vezina nominee
Zdeno Chara Norris trophy winger
Nick Foligno captain and 2nd liner
Matt Duchene 1st line center
Ryan Dzingel 2nd line winger
Erik Karlsson 2x Norris winner
Marc Stone selke candidate 1st line winger

Others
Jason Spezza
Marc Methot

Damn, even the Oilers cant beat that

Dubnyk-Vezina nominee- similar to Bishop
Hall- elite winger
Eberle- top line forward
Petry- #3/ top pairing D
Cogliano- 2nd line forward
Brodziak- Valuable 3rd line player

The embarassing thing is that the Oilers had cash to spend and legitmately thought they made good moves. Ottawa made alot of those moves because ownership is broke and it was for purely money reasons. Give Ottawa Katz type money and they dont make 75% of these moves.

In addition, Ottawa is also incredible at drafting and developing. They could replace their bad moves with younger players. Edmonton sucked at drafting and developing so never were able to develop a Chara or Stone or Dzingel to trade away. It did happen somewhat with Reider and Gustafsson. Guaranteed if Edmonton was better at drafting, they would have made similar bad moves when those players got to the NHL

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What's the maximum possible that you guys would be looking to retain on Lucic? 50% 60%?

The maximum you can retain is 50% ... unless you "cheat" it and bring a third team on board.

But at 50% retained his salary really is not bad after July 1 (signing bonus) it becomes

1.5 mill - year 1
2 mill - year 2
2.5 mill - year 3
2 mill - year 4

Which averages out to 2 mill salary/year and a 3 mill per cap hit.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

Hall- elite winger
Eberle- top line forward
Petry- #3/ top pairing D

The embarassing thing is that the Oilers had cash to spend and legitmately thought they made good moves. Ottawa made alot of those moves because ownership is broke and it was for purely money reasons. Give Ottawa Katz type money and they dont make 75% of these moves.

In addition, Ottawa is also incredible at drafting and developing. They could replace their bad moves with younger players. Edmonton sucked at drafting and developing so never were able to develop a Chara or Stone or Dzingel to trade away. It did happen somewhat with Reider and Gustafsson. Guaranteed if Edmonton was better at drafting, they would have made similar bad moves when those players got to the NHL

You forgot the oilers gave up the following:
Gretzky
Messier
Tikkanen
Kurri
Graves
Murphy
Coffey
Pronger
Anderson
Fuhr, etc....

Nobody gave away more hall of famers than the oilers.

Penguins never gave up Lemieux or Crosby. The best they've given away is Jagr
Detroit never gave away Yzerman, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zberg.
Avs never gave away Forsberg, Sakic, Roy, Foote.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Gretzky
Messier
Tikkanen
Kurri
Graves
Murphy
Coffey
Pronger
Anderson
Fuhr, etc....

true true, damn. Although the late 80s early 90s Oilers issue were financial, similar to Ottawa. I also hesiatted to include Pronger or the 2007 trades because Lowe brought in alot of those guys for a lower price in the first place

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Gretzky
Messier
Tikkanen
Kurri
Graves
Murphy
Coffey
Pronger
Anderson
Fuhr, etc....

its almost like the league has an interest in growing in new....fragile.....weak....puny....American markets.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Honestly if you could, getting Anderson out of Ottawa would make for an great co-starter with Koskinen, who might learn some things from the vet

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Hall- elite winger
Eberle- top line forward
Petry- #3/ top pairing D

You forgot Barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad