Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Yikes. Even one of the most realistic targets are gone now. As I said yesterday, people are going to be underwhelmed with either the type of defensemen that's coming here and/or the price it costs to acquire those defensemen.

Dream on :)

Keep on pretending you know what discussions managers are having and who is available or for what cost.

Post it as fact too ;)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It's only June 18.

I'm glad these dominoes are falling now rather than later, gives Chiarelli a chance to look at all options.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
WcgmcUw.gif

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Watch them sign Lindholm now for a similar amount and have all of Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm signed for less then 15M. If they're dumping anyone it'll be Depres or Stoner.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Fowler to Buffalo makes sense.

Not sure he's worth moving our assets for. We already have too many LHD.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
They really need to lower the cap
Scraps in free agency for the last few years now and nearly impossible to make a trade

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
If they can't sign Lindholm by FA, Chia needs to offer sheet him. Something like 7.5 x 5, or whatever the max amount/term is without giving up 4 firsts. I think he's the real deal. Best case you get him, worst case you just just ****ed a rivals cap structure. Or I guess he doesn't sign. I'm thinking they take him to arbitration though because then he can't get os'd

Oilerz

May 10, 2005
River City. E-Town
If they can't sign Lindholm by FA, Chia needs to offer sheet him. Something like 7.5 x 5, or whatever the max amount/term is without giving up 4 firsts. I think he's the real deal. Best case you get him, worst case you just just ****ed a rivals cap structure. Or I guess he doesn't sign. I'm thinking they take him to arbitration though because then he can't get os'd

We are going to get the **** offersheeted out of us in a few years....

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Vatanen had an excellent year in Anaheim, people were underrating him. How many young two way RD that play both special teams and put up those kind of points wind up slipping away? Lind Holm may have advanced stats but Vatanen has actual stats..

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Fowler to Buffalo makes sense.

Not sure he's worth moving our assets for. We already have too many LHD.

Fowler to Winnipeg for Trouba or Myers may also make some sense. Could also see Bogosian+ for Fowler from Buffalo.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I have a very hard time believing anyone is going to take Despres or Stoner off of the Ducks hands.

I think it's Fowler they'll have to move now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Cap should be lower. Damn NHLPA keeps agreeing to up the Escrow payments.

Shouldn't the NHLPA want to once in a while screw teams over with a low cap? Lots of nice easy money to be made with buyouts. Or does it all come out even in the wash anyways with how the players are paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad