Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
Interesting that I've seen a couple people on Twitter say this doesn't remove Vatanen from the trade market. He has a modified NTC in the last two years of his deal. Nothing before.

Why would they sign him and then trade him? Might as well just let the other team sign him to their own terms/deal and move him as an RFA. This screams they know they can fit him in at this price so they're keeping him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I wonder if Chia thinks the left side of the D is as set as we do.

Fowler can move the puck and QB a powerplay...

I know it's not ideal but with Sekeras ability to play RD somewhat, Fowler might be possible? Add him and Ellis?

Fowler - Sekera
Klefbom - Ellis
Nurse - Davidson

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I know it's not ideal but with Sekeras ability to play RD somewhat, Fowler might be possible? Add him and Ellis?

Fowler - Sekera
Klefbom - Ellis
Nurse - Davidson

I don't hate it. But I don't like it.
Nashville will have a high price. They would need someone else for their top four.

I still believe one of Hamonic or Barrie will be traded. I still wet myself thinking about both of them.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Interesting that I've seen a couple people on Twitter say this doesn't remove Vatanen from the trade market. He has a modified NTC in the last two years of his deal. Nothing before.

Thats because you can't have a NTC during your RFA years. If he has a NTC then that all but seals the deal he's not moving. Anaheim probably gave him a handshake agreement that they'd honour his NTC before it kicked in. And given that they're one of the better run organizations in the league I can't see them not honouring it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He can't have a NTC until he's 27 or has played seven seasons, that's why. He turned 25 earlier this month.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Fowler to Buffalo makes sense.

Not sure he's worth moving our assets for. We already have too many LHD.

Fowler for 8th overall and Girgensons might make sense. Anaheim needs to shed some salary.

On the Oilers front I would do 4th and Yak for Hamonic and 19. Then flip 19 for Orlov (RFA and Washington already has a lot of $ committed on defense). Sign Luke Schenn 2 years at 2.5 per.

Klefbom Hamonic
Davidson Sekera
Orlov Schenn

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I can already feel the overpayment for Brodin coming.

Obviously it's still early but it's pretty hard to feel too optimistic about our chances right now....

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Fowler for 8th overall and Girgensons might make sense. Anaheim needs to shed some salary.

On the Oilers front I would do 4th and Yak for Hamonic and 19. Then flip 19 for Orlov (RFA and Washington already has a lot of $ committed on defense). Sign Luke Schenn 2 years at 2.5 per.

Klefbom Hamonic
Davidson Sekera
Orlov Schenn

If that deal happens then for sure Sergachev is going to a divisional rival if the Oilers don't take him. FML that would be brutal.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oilers opening lineup:

Klefbom/Demers
Sekera/Nurse
Sergachev/Davidson

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Untitlechd.jpg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I can already feel the overpayment for Brodin coming.

Obviously it's still early but it's pretty hard to feel too optimistic about our chances right now....

Brodin doesn't have a lick of offense in him. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. And I've heard they want RNH for him which is laughable

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
There is literally no way McDavid makes it unsigned out of his ELC based on a money issue, if he doesn't sign it's because he just doesn't wanna be here. I expect Drai to be signed prior to the season starting before he can put up 70 points or something stupid like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad