Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Perry an Oiler | Mod Warning Post #1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The surgery doesn’t apply or Hossa wouldn’t of been put onLTIR retirement
In Kane's case it would. Hossa had a medical condition that created severe discomfort that extended to his personal life so no one could make him play. His choice to play in the playoffs caused him discomfort too but in that situation it is very much a personal choice, not a doctor's

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm good with Ceci and his contract. The guy gets no respect
100%
We have a dman thats getting paid $3.5M who is being asked to play with Mr $9,25M.

Ceci isnt and never has been a 1st pairing defender and yet he is being asked to elevate his game to a level that usually pays 2-3 times his contract value and does an adequate job most nights.
That is amazing value.

Yet..posters want to trade him?
Doesnt make a lot of sense.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
100%
We have a dman thats getting paid $3.5M who is being asked to play with Mr $9,25M.

Ceci isnt and never has been a 1st pairing defender and yet he is being asked to elevate his game to a level that usually pays 2-3 times his contract value and does an adequate job most nights.
That is amazing value.

People want him upgraded, he's not expected to be Nurse, he's expected to be what he is.

What he is, is not consistently good enough for what the Oilers need in their top-4.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
100%

That is amazing value.

While I do think we should bring a guy who's better defensively than Bouchard and Ceci, Ceci for what he makes is adequate in his role. He understand his role quite well and doesn't get scored on often. The biggest need is 2RW. We need to get Draisaitl going. The bottom six isn't much of a concern once Gagner and Holloway are back.

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
lol- so you are saying that the numbers are wrong? It wasn’t actually goals going in we saw? They weren’t actually shots we saw? All Laing is saying is that McDavid scored more playing with JP. That’s just a fact. Like it happened. The numbers don’t say JP is a superstar sniper- just that McDavid played well with JP.

No. Did I say that? He’s forming opinions on line combos and fit based on those numbers. If all he was posting was numbers, all we’d see is that chart.

But nope according to his interpretations of a limited xGF, Kane and McDavid are “good together”. Do those numbers show the multiple times they collided on the ice together which is a clear sign of a lack of chemistry?

And do i need to even talk about the whole Pulju makes McDavid better interpretation?

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I can only go of memory and it was after he had his draft meeting with the Flames he sent them a letter explaining why they should draft him, he did not want the Oilers drafting him I remember it well I hated the player ever since
No offence but I've never heard this and find it hard to believe. MacT is on record saying he was a strong consideration by their scouting staff which no doubt would have bristled at any negative vibes by a top ten prospect. Monahan was well thought of for his character along with skill as a high draft prospect. Finally what agent would ever put something like this in writing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
True all in proposals

To St Louis:
Foegele
Ceci
2024 1st rounder
Xavier Bourgault

To: Edmonton
Colton Parayko

This deal mimics the Ekholm deal from last deadline in terms of cost/cap moved out to accommodate

To Ottawa:
Kulak
2025 1st round pick
2025 4th round pick

To Edmonton:
Tarasenko @ 50% retained

Similar in value to what Tarasenko went for last deadline

To Minnesota:
2025 conditional 3rd (becomes 2025 2nd if Edmonton wins cup and Fleury starts X games in playoffs)

To Arizona:
MA Fleury @ 50% retained
2026 4th round pick from Edmonton

To Edmonton:
MA Fleury @ 75% retained

To Chicago:
2024 2nd rounder

To Edmonton:
Jason Dickinson @ 50% retained

Sign Perry to 1x 0.775m

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Tarasenko
Kane-Dickinson-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Nurse-Parayko
Ekholm-Bouchard
Broberg-Desharnais

Skinner
Fleury

Probably want to see if you can pick up a bottom pair veteran like Bogosian or Golikoski.
trust me, you don't want Goligoski at any price. Bogo...sure. Decent 3rd pairing RHD. 850K cap hit, which is nothing at the deadline.

Reactions: Spawn

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
So with Foegele being stapled to Draisaitl what are we going to do the McLeod? Is he going to come back and play in the top 6? Does he come back as a 3C or continue to play on the wing on the 3rd line?

You arent going to break up one of the best lines of hockey and ideally you add someone else to the 2nd line RW:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-Draisaitl-xxxx

I think the Oilers want to keep Janmark/Ryan/Brown for their PK ability. They are all pretty cheap and are veterans in the league. Having said, we also need Holloway and McLeods speed but it looks like they are trying Holloway at center. I just don't see him being good enough as a 3C so my guess is they want to add him as the 4C.

Kane-McLeod-Brown
Janmark-Holloway-Ryan
Gagner

I'm really not sure what the plan is though. McLeod hasn't been a great 3C and is probably make too much money compared to the others in the bottom 6. I'd also like to find Draisaitl some help on that right side. Kocency was the dream but he's probably priced himself out of budget.

I keep flip flopping on what is a bigger priority, 3C or 2RW?

Yeah, I am not sure what the lines should be.

Something like:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway? - Draisaitl - Kane ?
McLeod - 3C - Foegele
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner

I don’t really know where Holloway fits. And it’s kind of a problem at this point. Not really sure you can rely on him due to how often he’s injured.

Kane is playing hurt so it’s hard to assess him. He was playing pretty well earlier in the season. I just wonder if he’s regressing but hard to know.

From watching Foegele and McLeod with Draisaitl this year, seems obvious he needs some speed on his line and someone to go get pucks. Just not sure McLeod or Foegele are second line players. I’d like to see Holloway tried with him Draisaitl before the deadline. I am not convinced that Kane is a good fit with Draisaitl.

I think McLeod is more effective as a winger. I think him and Foegele pair together. I would like to see a 3C play between them. Could that be Holloway? Maybe but expecting it this year is probably asking too much.

I think fourth line makes some sense. I wish we had a better skating C than Ryan though. Who knows if Brown will ever get going. Least all 3 guys have a role on the team though.

Reactions: McDoused

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I definitely agree on Holloway and Lavoie. These guys need a legit shot over the next 6 weeks before the deadline.

Rodrigue is a little bit harder, I think they’re worried they could lose Pickard on waivers and be in a desperate situation if Rodrigue doesn’t show well. I’m guessing they’re hoping the goaltending situation around the league will sort itself out a bit so teams wouldn’t so desperate to poach a goalie like Pickard and also give Rodrigue a little time to run with the starters job in Bako.

Even if there was a decent chance you could lose Pickard on waivers, you have to take that chance to find out what Rodrigue is capable of. He's already in his sixth year after being drafted and playing extremely well in Bako. We will see how the year finishes for him, but he's currently playing better than Skinner ever did. If you wait until his seventh year, you've officially given up on his NHL potential.

I think if Pickard puts up two in a row sub .900 starts, look for a Rodrigue call up.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011

Something like:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - 3C - Foegele
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner

I don’t really know where Holloway fits. And it’s kind of a problem at this point. Not really sure you can rely on him due to how often he’s injured.

Kane is playing hurt so it’s hard to assess him. He was playing pretty well earlier in the season. I just wonder if he’s regressing but hard to know.

From watching Foegele and McLeod with Draisaitl this year, seems obvious he needs some speed on his line and someone to go get pucks. Just not sure McLeod or Foegele are second line players. I’d like to see Holloway tried with him Draisaitl before the deadline. I am not convinced that Kane is a good fit with Draisaitl.

I think McLeod is more effective as a winger. I think him and Foegele pair together. I would like to see a 3C play between them. Could that be Holloway? Maybe but expecting it this year is probably asking too much.

I think fourth line makes some sense. I wish we had a better skating C than Ryan though. Who knows if Brown will ever get going. Least all 3 guys have a role on the team though.

I think when Holloway is back I would like to try this out:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kane - McLeod - Lavoie
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

It gives Drai two players with big motors and a willingness to go the hard areas.
McLeod has a lot of speed and ability to carry the puck we give him two shooters and big bodies to help put the puck in the net.
Fourth line who cares, kill penalties and don't get scored on.

If these lines can get together and build confidence/chemistry, that's a lineup that could win a cup.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
No offence but I've never heard this and find it hard to believe. MacT is on record saying he was a strong consideration by their scouting staff which no doubt would have bristled at any negative vibes by a top ten prospect. Monahan was well thought of for his character along with skill as a high draft prospect. Finally what agent would ever put something like this in writing.
I know I heard it I don't post bullshit don't need to, you never heard it I did

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Even if there was a decent chance you could lose Pickard on waivers, you have to take that chance to find out what Rodrigue is capable of. He's already in his sixth year after being drafted and playing extremely well in Bako. We will see how the year finishes for him, but he's currently playing better than Skinner ever did. If you wait until his seventh year, you've officially given up on his NHL potential.

I think if Pickard puts up two in a row sub .900 starts, look for a Rodrigue call up.
We could just send down Ernie and run 3 goalies for 1 game when it's time to test Rodrigue.

Reactions: TB12 and RegDunlop

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Something like:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - 3C - Foegele
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner

It begs the question if he's the big trade piece they're offering up assuming they're targeting a significant forward.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I know I heard it I don't post bullshit don't need to, you never heard it I did
Not throwing shade on your credibility. I could see Monahan or any prospect making a case to be drafted by a team. But outside of Lindros, Craig Simpson and a post drafted Gauthier, I can't think of any draft eligible prospect taking a stand like that. Two of those mentioned were considerations as first overall draft picks.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Not throwing shade on your credibility. I could see Monahan or any prospect making a case to be drafted by a team. But outside of Lindros, Craig Simpson and a post drafted Gauthier, I can't think of any draft eligible prospect taking a stand like that. Two of those mentioned were considerations as first overall draft picks.
You should throw shade cause that is literally the worst type of proof. I heard it guys screw any actual evidence of it being said I heard it.

Reactions: CornKicker

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I’d rather not waste my time. If Skinners performance can’t show you, nothing will. You are too hard set in your ways.
You're the one who's insisting on bringing out news. Why not explain it? Putting the blame on Woody who I believe was a majority of the problem in the playoffs and how he deployed things, but Woody is not the reason Skinner couldn't save even a beach ball and was .883 in the playoffs. The Oilers might have actually won the cup if we played Campbell all the way

Reactions: ujju2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You're the one who's insisting on bringing out news. Why not explain it? Putting the blame on Woody who I believe was a majority of the problem in the playoffs and how he deployed things, but Woody is not the reason Skinner couldn't save even a beach ball and was .883 in the playoffs. The Oilers might have actually won the cup if we played Campbell all the way

My thoughts on Woody v. Knob can be found in the Woody fired thread if you are actually curious. But I think it should be very self evident by watching this stretch of games under Knob. Actually with how directly connected team defence is to goaltending, yes Woody was a big reason Skinner or any goalie wouldn’t have succeed in that system.

And no Campbell couldn’t have overcame the Woody system either. That’s why he’s in the AHL.

Reactions: jeblers

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
My thoughts on Woody v. Knob can be found in the Woody fired thread if you are actually curious. But I think it should be very self evident by watching this stretch of games under Knob. Actually with how directly connected team defence is to goaltending, yes Woody was a big reason Skinner or any goalie wouldn’t have succeed in that system.

And no Campbell couldn’t have overcame the Woody system either. That’s why he’s in the AHL.
Woody system was the same system that got Skinner a Calder vote. Nothing changed in the playoffs. He only changed the system this season. You're blaming the coach for the goalie failure while ignoring his success. Skinner suck in the playoffs. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad