Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Perry an Oiler | Mod Warning Post #1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not a target and kind of OT but I perused the Habs board after game to see any McD hate. (None really).
But I was very surprised at how many of them despise Matheson. Don't see him a lot but when I do, he looks good.

I thought the same thing about a Mathesson. Im impressed by his game. And that seems like a steal as he was traded for a regressed Petry I think.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
They need to pull a Vegas or Tampa and put Kane on LTIR until the playoffs. Let him heal up good. Gives some cap space to load up.
We couldn't do that unless Kane gets some kind of surgery or whatever. Right now he is good enough to play and that's that.

But imo it's a fantastic idea. If we did it and he comes back early we could do the Kucherov or Stone excuse and just say we want extra rehab to prevent re aggravation. Maybe a conditioning stint at the end of the season

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Before the TDL, you'd think the Oilers would want to know what they have in Holloway, Lavoie and Rodrigue. They ought to bring them up and give them a real chance. I know with Holloway it's just a matter of time, but they haven't given Raph nearly enough minutes. Rodrigue is waiver eligible next year, he needs to play a couple of games this year in the big leagues. Since Pickard is just okay, it's a no brainer to bring him up and test him out.

What's the point of being super patient with the young-ins if you never play them?

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Anyone else getting a bit tired of how often Ceci gets shooting opportunities and does nothing with them?

We got all elite top 6 and a system that gets our D-men loaded up for shots and offensive opportunity. But Ceci just isn’t doing anything with those shots. Need more scoring talent in his role. It would have to be a two way guy so we don’t lose much of Ceci’s solid but not at all spectacular defence.

I’ve thought about Ghost in the past as an option as probably the best pure Offensive D-man that could hit the market. But he may be too much offence and not enough defence, I’d have to dig into it. A lot of his offence is PP driven too, so not a fit with a team that features Bouchard. I thought maybe Dumba but he’s probably too regressed at this point in his career. A Barrie reunion would be cheap and good story, but we know how he is in his own end. Walker in Philly looks to be a good candidate actually, he has 10 even strength points to Ghost’s 12. Probably better defender than Ghost. I would be all over that option if there was a chance for extension.
I'm good with Ceci and his contract. The guy gets no respect

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm good with Ceci and his contract. The guy gets no respect
I'll say this in his defense

We only have so many assets and so much cap space. It could be the smart play to keep the D as it is and upgrade at forward and/or goalie instead

Ceci treads water in a top shutdown role and that's a great compliment. We could win a cup with him

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I don't want Monohan on this team, I remember his draft year he wrote a letter to the Flames begging them to draft him because he did not want the Oilers drafting him during the dark years we ended up with Nurse which worked out great

Last edited:

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Before the TDL, you'd think the Oilers would want to know what they have in Holloway, Lavoie and Rodrigue. They ought to bring them up and give them a real chance. I know with Holloway it's just a matter of time, but they haven't given Raph nearly enough minutes. Rodrigue is waiver eligible next year, he needs to play a couple of games this year in the big leagues. Since Pickard is just okay, it's a no brainer to bring him up and test him out.

What's the point of being super patient with the young-ins if you never play them?
We know this is something we don't really do lol. Like Bouchard in the Covid year.

Reactions: jukon

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

I definitely agree on Holloway and Lavoie. These guys need a legit shot over the next 6 weeks before the deadline.

Rodrigue is a little bit harder, I think they’re worried they could lose Pickard on waivers and be in a desperate situation if Rodrigue doesn’t show well. I’m guessing they’re hoping the goaltending situation around the league will sort itself out a bit so teams wouldn’t so desperate to poach a goalie like Pickard and also give Rodrigue a little time to run with the starters job in Bako.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So with Foegele being stapled to Draisaitl what are we going to do the McLeod? Is he going to come back and play in the top 6? Does he come back as a 3C or continue to play on the wing on the 3rd line?

You arent going to break up one of the best lines of hockey and ideally you add someone else to the 2nd line RW:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-Draisaitl-xxxx

I think the Oilers want to keep Janmark/Ryan/Brown for their PK ability. They are all pretty cheap and are veterans in the league. Having said, we also need Holloway and McLeods speed but it looks like they are trying Holloway at center. I just don't see him being good enough as a 3C so my guess is they want to add him as the 4C.

Kane-McLeod-Brown
Janmark-Holloway-Ryan
Gagner

I'm really not sure what the plan is though. McLeod hasn't been a great 3C and is probably make too much money compared to the others in the bottom 6. I'd also like to find Draisaitl some help on that right side. Kocency was the dream but he's probably priced himself out of budget.

I keep flip flopping on what is a bigger priority, 3C or 2RW?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I don't want Monohan on this team, I remember his draft year he wrote a letter to the Flames begging them to draft him because he did not want the Oilers drafting him during the dark years we ended up with Nurse which worked out great

Is that true? In that case, karma's a bitch

Reactions: frag2

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
So with Foegele being stapled to Draisaitl what are we going to do the McLeod? Is he going to come back and play in the top 6? Does he come back as a 3C or continue to play on the wing on the 3rd line?

You arent going to break up one of the best lines of hockey and ideally you add someone else to the 2nd line RW:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-Draisaitl-xxxx

I think the Oilers want to keep Janmark/Ryan/Brown for their PK ability. They are all pretty cheap and are veterans in the league. Having said, we also need Holloway and McLeods speed but it looks like they are trying Holloway at center. I just don't see him being good enough as a 3C so my guess is they want to add him as the 4C.

Kane-McLeod-Brown
Janmark-Holloway-Ryan
Gagner

I'm really not sure what the plan is though. McLeod hasn't been a great 3C and is probably make too much money compared to the others in the bottom 6. I'd also like to find Draisaitl some help on that right side. Kocency was the dream but he's probably priced himself out of budget.

I keep flip flopping on what is a bigger priority, 3C or 2RW?
I would drop Nuge out of the top line without feeling bad. He wasnt good last game. Kane or McLeod can replace him at ES.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

We only have so many assets and so much cap space. It could be the smart play to keep the D as it is and upgrade at forward and/or goalie instead

Ceci treads water in a top shutdown role and that's a great compliment. We could win a cup with him
Have to consider what we need to win in the playoffs and that injuries will happen. We'd be doomed without Skinner, there's no doubt there.

Not Oilers fans/media being so bored because of all the winning that they’ve decided to engage in Puljujarvi Wars v 20.0

What a meaningless pursuit.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - X
Kane - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Gagner/Hamblin

Nurse - X
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais
Broberg

Skinner
Pickard/X

Reactions: Jet Walters

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011

Ceci does not tread water, the Oilers routinely gets outshot, outchanced and outscored with him on the ice. Nurse, Mcdavid, and Draisaitl all do better away from Ceci. He might be an adequate top 4 guy on a middling team, but on an aspiring cup contender, he's the weak link in the top 4. He's a warrior and plays his heart out for the team, but that 2rd spot simply needs a better player.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Not Oilers fans/media being so bored because of all the winning that they’ve decided to engage in Puljujarvi Wars v 20.0

This is a classic example of stats not meeting the eye test. I remember so many plays dying on Puljujarvi’s stick when he was on McDavid’s line and he often looked lost in the offensive zone as if he had no clue where to be. Maybe McDavid played “better” with Puljujarvi as he knew had an anchor on his wing resulting in having to elevate his game.
Zach should watch Puljujarvi in the AHL before he posts trash like this but he’s too busy crunching numbers to actually watch any hockey.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

I read that he got some operation that has never been done on a hockey player and he had to learn how to walk again using different motions and to skate properly again before trying to come back.

Reactions: WEMCHUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad