Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Perry an Oiler | Mod Warning Post #1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m always pretty impressed with him when I watch him. I’d have to do a deeper dive into what kind of competition he faces but honestly would they move him? I guess I never thought they’d trade Ekholm either.

As a rental UFA in the right price range we got a chance. I like his quickness in skating and decision making. I like how he plays a hard game. He does have some offensive skill as well. I only worry bout his size as I saw him fall alot during 50/50 battles and during net front battles. Bigger, faster teams like the knights or oilers and he may get overwhelmed. Tonight he took a tumble off a forecheck hit too.

Reactions: MessierII

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
As a rental UFA in the right price we got a chance. I like his quickness in skating and decision making. I like how he plays a hard game. He does have some offensive skill as well. I only worry bout his size as I saw him fall alot during 50/50 battles and during net front battles. Bigger, faster teams like the knights or oilers and he may get overwhelmed. Tonight he took a tumble off a forecheck hit too.
Yeah that’s the one thing that will give holland hesitation. He has stated in interviews his vision for our D is big and mobile. If only there was a right shot Ekholm out there in world.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah that’s the one thing that will give holland hesitation. He has stated in interviews his vision for our D is big and mobile. If only there was a right shot Ekholm out there in world.
Yeh and that really seems like the playoff meta these days. The Bolts had it, and the Knights had it. Montreals miracle run playoffs had it. Maybe only Colorado is different but they make up for it with skill, skating, and playmaking from their backend.

Right shot Ekholm would be ideal. I guess that’s why Tanev is such a target for some, I just don’t see us getting him with the Flames tax considered.

Reactions: McDoused

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yeh and that really seems like the playoff meta these days. The Bolts had it, and the Knights had it. Montreals miracle run playoffs had it. Maybe only Colorado is different but they make up for it with skill, skating, and playmaking from their backend.
Even the avs only actually won after picking up guys like Manson. I also felt Girard getting hurt during that run was a blessing in disguise for them. I remember Vegas the year before dominating him down low.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Even the avs only actually won after picking up guys like Manson. I also felt Girard getting hurt during that run was a blessing in disguise for them. I remember Vegas the year before dominating him down low.

True Manson was a great add for them. And Girard didn’t factor in their run. So essentially we need size with some skill component. With Manson they have an effective shooting option combined with size and snarl. With Ceci, we got size but not much snarl or offensive skill. Unfortunately the two guys I think make sense from a skill perspective and cap perspective that are available also give up 4 inches to Ceci. I like Walkers game too, but I have to see how he does against fast and big offences and see if he can keep up, cause Carrier worries me a bit on that front.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ok my next crazy idea, is to go big to really improve the top-4. Atrem Zub. Try to get Zub and tarasenko from Ottawa.

To Ott: Ceci, bourgault, Tullio, 2024 1st (unprotected), 2026 2nd.

To Edm: Zub($800K retained) and tarasenko(50% retained)

Then flip Chi a 2025 3rd & 2026 4th for them to retain another $800K on Zub (Zub @$3M) and send BUF Savoie for them to retain another 50% on tarasenko.

Then you're cooking with gas

Nuge - McDavid - Hyman
Tarasenko - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kane - McLeod - Perry
Janmark/Brown - Holloway/Ryan - Gagner

Nurse - Zub
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais

That's looking really good

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Tarasenko would be a great rental add and we have the Staios connection.

if Giroux becomes available he would be much better fit than Tarasenko for our top6.
Tarasenko is intriguing, but not sure if his skill set is our biggest need right now.

I feel we need a physical winger and RH Center.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Tarasenko is intriguing, but not sure if his skill set is our biggest need right now.

We basically added Holloway and Perry. So you would have sit on of those guys in the bottom 6. I'm not sure we need a physical winger anymore.

I would love to add a legit top 6 player to the roster. Either that a big right handed center would be nice.

If Konecny is available he would be my primary target to play with Draisaitl. I just dont see how you make the cap work unless you also pay them to take campbell. I also think Tarasenko would be a good backup given how cheap he would be to acquire and how easily you can get his cap in with double retention.

I’m leaning toward Toffoli for 2RW. Zub would be awesome too

New Jersey intrigues me because they are 6 points back of Detroit with 2 games in hand. Their injuries are piling up so they might actually decide to retool and try again next year with a better goaltender and healthy roster.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I’d personally like a RW who is fast and has scoring ability (in particular with one timing).

I’d like a center who can skate and has some size. Not to go all stauffer like but I think Evans would be nice if they could find a team to retain half. I’d like to push Ryan to a wing position. Although I wouldn’t mind aiming higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I’d personally like a RW who is fast and has scoring ability (in particular with one timing).

I’d like a center who can skate and has some size. Not to go all stauffer like but I think Evans would be nice if they could find a team to retain half. I’d like to push Ryan to a wing position.
I like the idea of Evans, but dealing with the Habs is so stupid it's almost not worth it lol

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’m leaning toward Toffoli for 2RW. Zub would be awesome too
This would twist Flames fans even more…their leading goal and point getter from just last year now in orange & blue :laugh:.

I’ve always liked Toffoli, he has a laser for a wrister and it’s pretty accurate.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I’m always pretty impressed with him when I watch him. I’d have to do a deeper dive into what kind of competition he faces but honestly would they move him? I guess I never thought they’d trade Ekholm either.

Carrier is UFA at the end of the season.

If for whatever reason the Preds slide out of a playoff spot he might be one of those rentals teams blow their brains out to acquire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad