Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Perry an Oiler | Mod Warning Post #1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Skinner seems back on track lately. Might save us from having to make a big splash on a goalie. Would still like to add some goaltending depth at a reasonable price as Pickard is wildly inconsistent in his career and both goalies are relatively untested in the playoffs, but not being forced into a move is nice.

Reactions: McDoused

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Skinner seems back on track lately. Might save us from having to make a big splash on a goalie. Would still like to add some goaltending depth at a reasonable price as Pickard is wildly inconsistent in his career and both goalies are relatively untested in the playoffs, but not being forced into a move is nice.
I agree. I like Skinner but his history is still inconsistent. I'd like a goalie with a resume to complement Skinner. I'd be happier with having Pickard if our starter was someone like Hellebuyck

Oddly, Campbell was supposed to be that guy (not that I want to dredge that up)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think Monahan brings that much, but if he can win enough draws and win his matchup in the bottom-6 that might be a nice depth add
There's probably much better options than Monahan then

At the very least, the RH version of him.

Seems silly, but if Arizona falls out of I wonder if they'd retain on Bjugstad. He's signed 2 million for this year and next. That would solidify our bottom six

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There's probably much better options than Monahan then

At the very least, the RH version of him.

Seems silly, but if Arizona falls out of I wonder if they'd retain on Bjugstad. He's signed 2 million for this year and next. That would solidify our bottom six
No bjugstad, too expensive I think. Though he might do well as a 3/4C understand Knoblauch

Reactions: Mr Positive

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
How are people feeling about the Perry rumours? He seems to have some juice left from what ive seen of him this year and he checks a lot of boxes, hes a real ass to play against and he got cup experience, something this team seriously lacks. Id like him in the bottom six for league minimum or close to it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
How are people feeling about the Perry rumours? He seems to have some juice left from what ive seen of him this year and he checks a lot of boxes, hes a real ass to play against and he got cup experience, something this team seriously lacks. Id like him in the bottom six for league minimum or close to it.
Not my thing, although I appreciate that he'd come free in trade assets and low in AAV. It's so odd because he is RH so it just feels like we have a player in Gagner who has that spot. Gagner wasn't as great in his prime but is younger.

I still like the Tampa philosophy of getting a younger guy with term like Coleman, Hagel or even Jeannot. Just maybe avoid the Jeannot outcome

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Big yes to Perry if he's willing to come here

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Time to call Holloway back up. The bottom six is so slow right now and has like zero skill and they are just doing absolutely nothing. Put Holloway in the middle of Kane and Gagner and I guarantee you at the very least they get a few offensive chances a game instead of the zero the entire bottom six is contributing right now.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Time to call Holloway back up. The bottom six is so slow right now and has like zero skill and they are just doing absolutely nothing. Put Holloway in the middle of Kane and Gagner and I guarantee you at the very least they get a few offensive chances a game instead of the zero the entire bottom six is contributing right now.

Does that mean benching Connor Brown? The team will collapse without his PKing. :sarcasm:

Reactions: CaptainCaveman

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Winnipeg game and the LA game, gave us a taste of what playoff hockey will be like against contenders. Even this most recent 3-game stretch was tightly contested and we saw our offense struggle. It has me leaning towards a Top 6 addition moreso than anything else. When games tighten up in the playoffs we’ll need that extra scoring talent to break through.

I listened to a recent interview with the Knights GM and he said they targeted Barbashev cause he was a player type they didn’t have on the team.

On that front, I’d look for a scoring type we don’t really have right now: A Pure Sniper. Someone that can just rip one in and surprise with a goal from 20 feet out like Kostin did in that one super tight playoff game. But obviously we need someone better and more consistent than Kostin though for the Top 6.

I’d look at a guy like Tarasenko. Who will be for sure available at the deadline.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
The Winnipeg game and the LA game, gave us a taste of what playoff hockey will be like against contenders. Even this most recent 3-game stretch was tightly contested and we saw our offense struggle. It has me leaning towards a Top 6 addition moreso than anything else. When games tighten up in the playoffs we’ll need that extra scoring talent to break through.

I listened to a recent interview with the Knights GM and he said they targeted Barbashev cause he was a player type they didn’t have on the team.

On that front, I’d look for a scoring type we don’t really have right now: A Pure Sniper. Someone that can just rip one in and surprise with a goal from 20 feet out like Kostin did in that one super tight playoff game. But obviously we need someone better and more consistent than Kostin though for the Top 6.

I’d look at a guy like Tarasenko. Who will be for sure available at the deadline.
Agree on what we should target but id hope we get in on Guenzel

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Guentzel, Tarasenko… even at 50% retained I don’t know how you make these guys fit. I guess you send out Kulak. But then you need a veteran bottom pair guy because the org doesn’t trust Broberg.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Jake Evans looked like he'd be a good low key add. Savard wasn't half bad either.
With Savard on the ice at 5on5.

The Canadiens got outshot 17-2 12-4 in scoring chances, and 4-1 in high danger chances.

He looked like he was just there.

He would be alright as a 12/13/14 option with the depth.

Nothing more though.

He was the 2nd least used played on the blackhawks at 5on5 with 9:45 a game, and he wouldnt be on the first powerplay unit here.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
With Savard on the ice at 5on5.

The Canadiens got outshot 17-2 12-4 in scoring chances, and 4-1 in high danger chances.

He looked like he was just there.

He would be alright as a 12/13/14 option with the depth.

Nothing more though.

He was the 2nd least used played on the blackhawks at 5on5 with 9:45 a game, and he wouldnt be on the first powerplay unit here.
He brings more to the table than any of Gagner, Erne, Holloway, Hamblin, Brown or Janmark. The latter 2 kill PKs so they at least have that going for them.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Am I missinvg something, but there are a bunch of claims out there that teams do not win the Cup without past winners on their roster. What about tge Blues in 2019? Jordan Nolan was in the minors save for 14 regular season games and no playoff games. They did not have a previous Cup winner on there roster. The recent Tampa team had 4th liner Maroon? Guys like Justin Williams can just as easily be seen as good players who were fortunate to play on great teams.

I mention this in the Perry context, and with the TDL looming. I would look at needs first. That said, if you could add a no. 7 D or depth winger with Cup pedigree, ok. I just wouldn't make it a big priority. How about RD Bortuzzo, if the NYI somehow fall out of the race?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Guentzel, Tarasenko… even at 50% retained I don’t know how you make these guys fit. I guess you send out Kulak. But then you need a veteran bottom pair guy because the org doesn’t trust Broberg.
To add to this, why would the Pens trade Guentzel unless he tells them there is no way he is resigning. They have already committed to stay with their core by adding Karlsson. They have the cap space to resign him as well. But even if they did, the ask will be substantial. We are talking something like a 1st, Holloway + for a pure rental and then to fit him in you have to subtract from somewhere else on the team.

Reactions: CROTT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad