True all in proposals

To St Louis:
Foegele
Ceci
2024 1st rounder
Xavier Bourgault

To: Edmonton
Colton Parayko

This deal mimics the Ekholm deal from last deadline in terms of cost/cap moved out to accommodate

To Ottawa:
Kulak
2025 1st round pick
2025 4th round pick

To Edmonton:
Tarasenko @ 50% retained

Similar in value to what Tarasenko went for last deadline

To Minnesota:
2025 conditional 3rd (becomes 2025 2nd if Edmonton wins cup and Fleury starts X games in playoffs)

To Arizona:
MA Fleury @ 50% retained
2026 4th round pick from Edmonton

To Edmonton:
MA Fleury @ 75% retained

To Chicago:
2024 2nd rounder

To Edmonton:
Jason Dickinson @ 50% retained

Sign Perry to 1x 0.775m

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Draisaitl-Tarasenko
Kane-Dickinson-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Nurse-Parayko
Ekholm-Bouchard
Broberg-Desharnais

Skinner
Fleury

Probably want to see if you can pick up a bottom pair veteran like Bogosian or Golikoski.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't want Monohan on this team, I remember his draft year he wrote a letter to the Flames begging them to draft him because he did not want the Oilers drafting him during the dark years we ended up with Nurse which worked out great

I mean even besides that, why the f*** do we want the dude who tried to sucker punch Nuge? And got b****h slapped for his troubles. Plus he sucks. Even in his prime he was a product of Johnny, just hung out in the slot until Johnny found him. This year more than half his points are on the PP? Anyone think Monahan is getting PP time here? No way. So he‘d be a 3C here and he’s never played a hard or responsibile game, he’s always been a top 6 floater.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm good with Ceci and his contract. The guy gets no respect

Priority 1 is a top 6 RW for me. I don’t mind Ceci, he plays solid defence at a fair price. But if we could upgrade Ceci we’d be a much better team. Just see how many shots/chances Ceci gets set up for and imagine someone with offensive skill in that spot. The Nurse pairing could take off like the Ekholm pairing has.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Not Oilers fans/media being so bored because of all the winning that they’ve decided to engage in Puljujarvi Wars v 20.0

The only way Laing is going to hone his “craft” is to get a $100,000 subscription to a SportLogiq so he can stop relying on trash team stats to scout individual players. That’s the extent of his “expertise”.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
MAF is finally over the hill. I suppose I would take him at 50% retained to be a back-up a la Quick for the VGK last year, but I certainly wouldn't provide much back to MIN in terms of a trade package. 5th round pick?

I wouldn't touch Parayko's contract. No thanks.

If you want a bit of size and Cup experience, look at someone like Sammy Blais to take Erne's spot as a 4th line W.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding Tarasenko either. If he's willing to waive and the Sens would retain 50%, I could certainly see a fit with the Oilers sending a B prospect like Tullio or Savoie + a 2nd.

Here's a good trade deadline, IMO:

Tarasenko 50% retained for Tullio and a 2nd round pick.
Monahan 50% retained for 2024 1st first round pick.
E. Johnson 50% retained for Niemelainen and 4th round pick (to be no.7 D)

Holloway remains in the AHL as a depth guy.

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Tarasenko
McLeod - Monahan - Foegele
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Erne - Gagner
Holloway - Hamblin

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais/E. Johnson
Broberg

Skinner
Pickard
Campbell
Rodrigue

Reactions: McDoused

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
This is my crazy idea. So what if the Islanders fall out of it and we go after Ryan Pulock??
Would likely have to pay kings ransom but just a thought.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Not Oilers fans/media being so bored because of all the winning that they’ve decided to engage in Puljujarvi Wars v 20.0

Kane definitely has stretches where he doesn't generate much. Having said that, I have a hard time believing those stats include playoffs where he had 13 goals in 15 games. He also had a massive injury that has derailed his production and still needs to recover. He's a big time player that only gets better when we play important games.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
MAF is finally over the hill. I suppose I would take him at 50% retained to be a back-up a la Quick for the VGK last year, but I certainly wouldn't provide much back to MIN in terms of a trade package. 5th round pick?

I wouldn't touch Parayko's contract. No thanks.

If you want a bit of size and Cup experience, look at someone like Sammy Blais to take Erne's spot as a 4th line W.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding Tarasenko either. If he's willing to waive and the Sens would retain 50%, I could certainly see a fit with the Oilers sending a B prospect like Tullio or Savoie + a 2nd.

Here's a good trade deadline, IMO:

Tarasenko 50% retained for Tullio and a 2nd round pick.
Monahan 50% retained for 2024 1st first round pick.
E. Johnson 50% retained for Niemelainen and 4th round pick (to be no.7 D)

Holloway remains in the AHL as a depth guy.

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Tarasenko
McLeod - Monahan - Foegele
Janmark - Ryan - Brown
Erne - Gagner
Holloway - Hamblin

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais/E. Johnson
Broberg

Skinner
Pickard
Campbell
Rodrigue

MAF has always been a playoff choke artist too. I’d avoid.

Parayko probably is too expensive cap wise and term. Would be a great addition though otherwise.

You think Monahan is worth more than Tarasenko? I don’t know about that. I think he’ll cost more than that.

I’m a big no on Monahan.

I’m meh on EJ. Old and has already got his Cup. Will be be hungry against the Avs if he needs to draw in? Doubtful.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm good with Ceci and his contract. The guy gets no respect

Yep. The guy’s a pretty solid shutdown #4, and he’s on a more than fair contract. It’s not his fault he’s being asked to play on the top pairing.

I definitely agree on Holloway and Lavoie. These guys need a legit shot over the next 6 weeks before the deadline.

Rodrigue is a little bit harder, I think they’re worried they could lose Pickard on waivers and be in a desperate situation if Rodrigue doesn’t show well. I’m guessing they’re hoping the goaltending situation around the league will sort itself out a bit so teams wouldn’t so desperate to poach a goalie like Pickard and also give Rodrigue a little time to run with the starters job in Bako.

You just send Kemp back down and call up Rodrigue. There’s no reason we can’t have 3 goalies and sit Pickard in the press box while we get Rodrigue a game or two.

So with Foegele being stapled to Draisaitl what are we going to do the McLeod? Is he going to come back and play in the top 6? Does he come back as a 3C or continue to play on the wing on the 3rd line?

You arent going to break up one of the best lines of hockey and ideally you add someone else to the 2nd line RW:

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-Draisaitl-xxxx

I think the Oilers want to keep Janmark/Ryan/Brown for their PK ability. They are all pretty cheap and are veterans in the league. Having said, we also need Holloway and McLeods speed but it looks like they are trying Holloway at center. I just don't see him being good enough as a 3C so my guess is they want to add him as the 4C.

Kane-McLeod-Brown
Janmark-Holloway-Ryan
Gagner

I'm really not sure what the plan is though. McLeod hasn't been a great 3C and is probably make too much money compared to the others in the bottom 6. I'd also like to find Draisaitl some help on that right side. Kocency was the dream but he's probably priced himself out of budget.

I keep flip flopping on what is a bigger priority, 3C or 2RW?

3C for sure. We know McLeod and Foegele are working well with Leon, so get a 3C. If that line stops clicking, you have a lot more flexibility. If you pick up a winger, you’re committing to McLeod or Ryan at 3C

Reactions: McDoused

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yep. The guy’s a pretty solid shutdown #4, and he’s on a more than fair contract. It’s not his fault he’s being asked to play on the top pairing.
He's a serviceable player, but clearly the weak link in the group. It's not really close.

He doesn't get respect, because he doesn't deserve additional respect, because he has nothing more to bring to the table.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's a serviceable player, but clearly the weak link in the group. It's not really close.

He doesn't get respect, because he doesn't deserve additional respect, because he has nothing more to bring to the table.

Agreed. I’ll defend Ceci against anyone that says he’s useless or a cap dump which is like the general narrative about him outside of Oil Country. But in the Paul Coffey ‘make plays or GTFO’ era of Oilers D, he doesn’t bring enough. And we’d improve our D significantly if he was upgraded.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Of the group? VD and Kulak would get absolutely caved playing his minutes and quality of competition.

Unless by group you mean top 4. Then I agree haha.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Of the group? VD and Kulak would get absolutely caved playing his minutes and quality of competition.

Unless by group you mean top 4. Then I agree haha.
Yes, the top-4, he's clearly a sore thumb there.

I agree Kulak would get caved, but I'd like to see what Desharnais could do with a bit of an increase in his difficulty.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I don't want Monohan on this team, I remember his draft year he wrote a letter to the Flames begging them to draft him because he did not want the Oilers drafting him during the dark years we ended up with Nurse which worked out great
That cannot be true. And if it is wtf?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Kane definitely has stretches where he doesn't generate much. Having said that, I have a hard time believing those stats include playoffs where he had 13 goals in 15 games. He also had a massive injury that has derailed his production and still needs to recover. He's a big time player that only gets better when we play important games.
When has he done that? He had a massive injury, yes- but he is also a player who has lived hard and is breaking down. What made JP effective with McDavid was JP had a one track mind- get the puck- give it to McDavid. He didn’t try to do more than that. The move 97 had it the better the results. His finishing absolutely sucked- yes- but he understood if 97 had the puck it was a good thing.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
That cannot be true. And if it is wtf?
I can only go of memory and it was after he had his draft meeting with the Flames he sent them a letter explaining why they should draft him, he did not want the Oilers drafting him I remember it well I hated the player ever since

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yes, the top-4, he's clearly a sore thumb there.

I agree Kulak would get caved, but I'd like to see what Desharnais could do with a bit of an increase in his difficulty.
So Vinny on the second pair?

Ballsy strategy that seems like a bad idea, imo. Whenever we see depth players playing well people always want them bumped up the lineup and it confuses me.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The only way Laing is going to hone his “craft” is to get a $100,000 subscription to a SportLogiq so he can stop relying on trash team stats to scout individual players. That’s the extent of his “expertise”.

lol- so you are saying that the numbers are wrong? It wasn’t actually goals going in we saw? They weren’t actually shots we saw? All Laing is saying is that McDavid scored more playing with JP. That’s just a fact. Like it happened. The numbers don’t say JP is a superstar sniper- just that McDavid played well with JP.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We couldn't do that unless Kane gets some kind of surgery or whatever. Right now he is good enough to play and that's that.

But imo it's a fantastic idea. If we did it and he comes back early we could do the Kucherov or Stone excuse and just say we want extra rehab to prevent re aggravation. Maybe a conditioning stint at the end of the season
The surgery doesn’t apply or Hossa wouldn’t of been put onLTIR retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad