Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Perry an Oiler | Mod Warning Post #1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Wonder if we do something that might be a bit unpopular if the right player isn’t available and attach the first to Campbell and make cap space. That would then i believe that covers bonus and have them hit this year.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Watch these highlights and tell me we don't need this Snipe Show on our Team. So many goals from distance, so many "out of nowhere" goals with his elite wrister. Teams can and will clog up the net front against us, we will need to able score in more ways than just passing into the net. Tank provides exactly what we need and bolsters an area of weakness on this team. Marchessault provides this kind of shooting threat for the Knights and he won a Conn Smythe.

Tarasenko would be a great rental add and we have the Staios connection.

if Giroux becomes available he would be much better fit than Tarasenko for our top6.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

if Giroux becomes available he would be much better fit than Tarasenko for our top6.
The money doesn't work for Giroux though.

It's possible to get Tarasenko down to $1.25M with double retention. You likely won't get any of Giroux's $6.5M retained since he has another year on his deal.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Tank or Bust for me.

Why does every player we get need to be a puck hounding winger, net front battler, or centerman. Redundancy hasn’t worked for us in the past. It’s time to try something new. Which is the same thing McCrimmon did when they targeted Barbashev.

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Konecny was a -4 tonight against the bruins. With Tippett signing his contract I wonder if that makes him more or less likely to be traded.

I also have a lot of time for Scott Laughton for 3C and Sean Walker on the RD.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Konecny was a -4 tonight against the bruins. With Tippett signing his contract I wonder if that makes him more or less likely to be traded.

I also have a lot of time for Scott Laughton for 3C and Sean Walker on the RD.

I don’t mind Laughton either and still like Walker (but kinda worried about his size now)

The money doesn't work for Giroux though.

It's possible to get Tarasenko down to $1.25M with double retention. You likely won't get any of Giroux's $6.5M retained since he has another year on his deal.

Truth. If you want a cap bargain you gotta target the UFA status.

Reactions: McDoused

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Tank or Bust for me.

Why does player we get need to be a puck hounding winger, net front battler, or centerman. Redundancy hasn’t worked for us in the past. It’s time to try something new. Which is the same thing McCrimmon did when they targeted Barbashev.
That statement by McCrimmon seems so weird to me. The way he described Barbashev is how I'd describe most guys on Vegas haha. "plays hard, goes to the net, gets to the inside, kills penalties". I'd probably use Barbashev as an example for finding guys that fit your team's style/system more than anything.

I think there is something to say about a team being more consistent when every line plays the same.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That statement by McCrimmon seems so weird to me. The way he described Barbashev is how I'd describe most guys on Vegas haha. "plays hard, goes to the net, gets to the inside, kills penalties". I'd probably use Barbashev as an example for finding guys that fit your team's style/system more than anything.

I think there is something to say about a team being more consistent when every line plays the same.

Lol honestly I thought the same but I assumed there was some aspect of Barbesgevs game they thought was lacking. And maybe it only have to be one quality, like for Tank it’s his sniping, but he also has puck protection and offensive IQ in spades that we already have.

Reactions: McDNicks17

Thomas Tatar

With LA free falling wonder if Doughty to Edmonton becomes a possibility.

Doughty at 50% is 5.5M

Ceci+Kulak out Doughty+Broberg in would be close to a wash cap wise.
A whole lot of sweetners would need to be attached for LA to help out divisional rival
No thank you. The last person I’d want on this team. I despised Perry but am ok with him signing here. However, Doughty tops my list of hate.

Thomas Tatar

I
Watch these highlights and tell me we don't need this Snipe Show on our Team. So many goals from distance, so many "out of nowhere" goals with his elite wrister. Teams can and will clog up the net front against us, we will need to able score in more ways than just passing into the net. Tank provides exactly what we need and bolsters an area of weakness on this team. Marchessault provides this kind of shooting threat for the Knights and he won a Conn Smythe.

I’m buying what you’re selling. 🫠

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If we seem this good maybe we shouldn't be eager to trade our 1st.

If there's an amazing opportunity, sure, but a lot of the time deadline adds can be flubs. We need to be sure that it is an actual need and worth kicking someone else off the team for

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Alexandre Carrier looked real good out there tonight. He has risen in my RHD power rankings haha
I’m always pretty impressed with him when I watch him. I’d have to do a deeper dive into what kind of competition he faces but honestly would they move him? I guess I never thought they’d trade Ekholm either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad