Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Perry an Oiler | Mod Warning Post #1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Such a bad way of thinking. You take the best offer no matter which team it is. If we weren’t making the playoffs I wouldn’t care if we traded a good UFA to Calgary if it was the best return.

Agreed, but you underestimate the childish pettiness of the Flames. But it’s nice to have confirmation that it comes straight from ownership now and wasn’t just a Tre problem. I also remain convinced they put those Hot Girls behind Woody’s bench to distract him during the BoA playoffs series too.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So Stauffer is still pounding the Limdholm drum? That's definitely an interesting ome as it would be an all in move for someone thag will walk as a UFA. Apparently the offer he floated around was:

1st
Bourgault
Kulak

for

Lindholm (50% retained)

My initial thoughts are that I'd rather keep McDrai separated in the playoffs and paying that price for Lindholm to be a 3C for 30 games doesn't seem worth the cost.

Unrealistic and I hate the move anyways for the overrated, underperforming Lindholm. So I agree, not worth the cost. And this is where I should caution Stauffer banged the Deslaurier drum too keep in mind… 0 goals 1.75M

Is that Flames won’t trade to the division because of the owner thing actually legit?

Far as I know we are going off what was heard on Vancouver Radio.

Reactions: McDoused

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kopitar has had another solid season, but at some point he is going to hit a wall. One point in the last 5 games, but still is sitting at a plus 14 overall.
Doughty having a solid season as well, but these guys can't do it all. Tough when your best players continue to be a couple guys in their mid 30's.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So Stauffer is still pounding the Limdholm drum? That's definitely an interesting ome as it would be an all in move for someone thag will walk as a UFA. Apparently the offer he floated around was:

1st
Bourgault
Kulak

for

Lindholm (50% retained)

My initial thoughts are that I'd rather keep McDrai separated in the playoffs and paying that price for Lindholm to be a 3C for 30 games doesn't seem worth the cost.
Seravalli said it would be twice the amount it cost to get Ryan O'Reilly in the NHL that one year

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If that's true, talk to Buffalo about "making a deal" with the Flames to get players of interest to the Oilers. That would be a great hustle.

Too much trouble for overrated Lindholm and injury risk Tanev in my mind. Plus a 3rd party still raises the price.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Bye bye Leaf’s Cup Curse. Nobody wants that.
The team would still need the trade assets to load up for a run and even then it wouldn't be guaranteed that they'd win. If there was no cap after the deadline you'd probably have around 4 teams each year that would be loading up.

Agreed, but you underestimate the childish pettiness of the Flames. But it’s nice to have confirmation that it comes straight from ownership now and wasn’t just a Tre problem. I also remain convinced they put those Hot Girls behind Woody’s bench to distract him during the BoA playoffs series too.

They were Cowboy's staff that were given free tickets by the Flames. One of the girls was interviewed about it after the playoffs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The team would still need the trade assets to load up for a run and even then it wouldn't be guaranteed that they'd win. If there was no cap after the deadline you'd probably have around 4 teams each year that would be loading up.

They were Cowboy's staff that were given free tickets by the Flames. One of the girls was interviewed about it after the playoffs.

You mean besides the Pajama boy free agents of which they have the best access to?

Exactly. Free tickets. Says it all.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why do people want Elias "One Goal Better than Brown in last 24 Games" Lindholm?

Stay far away from that coat tail rider. He has disappointing TDL rental written all over him.
Plus, how annoying it'd be for Lindholm to flop here whilst the draft capital we send them all turn into studs. Don't give that Flames anything. We can find better risk-benefits on the market.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Watch these highlights and tell me we don't need this Snipe Show on our Team. So many goals from distance, so many "out of nowhere" goals with his elite wrister. Teams can and will clog up the net front against us, we will need to able score in more ways than just passing into the net. Tank provides exactly what we need and bolsters an area of weakness on this team. Marchessault provides this kind of shooting threat for the Knights and he won a Conn Smythe.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Is that Flames won’t trade to the division because of the owner thing actually legit?
I think what he really means when he says “I won’t let Conzies trade within the division” is actually “No motherf***ing way as long as I’m still on the north side of the ground will we be trading anyone or anything to Edmonton.”

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
It has been reported that the Flames owner doesn't want a trade with in the division so Lindholm is out.
Where? The Oilers cap situation makes it pretty obvious that he wouldn't be re-signing with the Oilers and the Flames would get pieces that would be in their system for year's.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Why do people want Elias "One Goal Better than Brown in last 24 Games" Lindholm?

Stay far away from that coat tail rider. He has disappointing TDL rental written all over him.

Dude has pretty much checked out from the beginning of the year. Its Calgary so you can’t blame him but I think whatever team gets him will be disappointed.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dude has pretty much checked out from the beginning of the year. Its Calgary so you can’t blame him but I think whatever team gets him will be disappointed.

“Checking out” in a contract year, on a team that does have Wild Card potential should be a huge red flag.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Probably not, but I do believe Blake can be convinced to do it.
Probably not? I’d say about as close to zero as you can get without actually being zero. And even if you paid the stupid price it would take to get LA to trade probably the best dman in their franchise history who’s still really good and also retain half (or anywhere near) for 4 years.

And if there was the slightest chance it could happen then all you have to do after that is convince Doughty, who negotiated a 7 team trade list in this deal and has lived and played his entire career in Southern California and won Stanley cups there, just gotta convince him to move to Edmonton and play for a team he’s not a big fan of and who’s beat him in the playoffs two years in a row.

Totally doable.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You mean besides the Pajama boy free agents of which they have the best access to?

Exactly. Free tickets. Says it all.
Cant sign free agents after the trade deadline. There would just be no cap after the trade deadline so a team would have to be cap compliant during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad