The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011

More like
1697637872441.png

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
The rookie Brock Faber...so far so good.
Played 23.22 TOI last night. 3 minutes more than Brodin, the closet one too him.

If Rossi reaches his potential and Boldy continues his play counterpunching 1/3/1 Minnesota going to be an awful tough out come playoffs.

Last edited:

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Broberg did a little better last night basically 15 mins staying out of trouble. Didn't really help the cause but then again never really hurt the cause either.

By the way Johnny K played 19.15 TOI on the second pair. Was not on the ice like David Savard for the shortie against. The more Savard's ice time is reduced the more Kovy's is increased.
If Savard continues this 'bad' play he will soon be eating popcorn.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So I don't know what's going on with Cody Ceci.
Is he hurt? Having a slow start? Is He cooked?

I don't know, but he's been atrocious to start this season. This why I'm big on putting him on waivers. 3 reasons

1. He might be claimed, which would be a hole that has to be filled, but his cap hit is gone and the Oilers could more easily just straight acquire someone.

2. If he clears waivers unclaimed, he might be easier to move because whatever team that takes him on doesn't have to try and waive him.

3. If he is cooked, he can be sent down for a small cap saving and kinda adds depth.

I know it's early, but he's been brutal and I don't know that it turns around

The rookie Brock Faber...so far so good.
Played 23.22 TOI last night. 3 minutes more than Brodin, the closet one too him.

If Rossi reaches his potential and Boldy continues his play counterpunching 1/3/1 Minnesota going to be an awful tough out come playoffs.
Ok, without Spurgeon right now the Minny defense is struggling hard so, it might have been necessity over design him getting that icetime

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
More Ceci trade stuff, but an idea I think might work

Ceci for David Savard.

I know Savard isn't the first name people go to, but he's big and physical, and as more of a stay at home defenseman, he might be able to support Nurse when he ranges.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Cody and Broberg for Pesce.

Nurse Pesce
Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak Desharnais
Gleason

edit - with young Akey in the pipeline

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So I don't know what's going on with Cody Ceci.
Is he hurt? Having a slow start? Is He cooked?

I don't know, but he's been atrocious to start this season. This why I'm big on putting him on waivers. 3 reasons

1. He might be claimed, which would be a hole that has to be filled, but his cap hit is gone and the Oilers could more easily just straight acquire someone.

2. If he clears waivers unclaimed, he might be easier to move because whatever team that takes him on doesn't have to try and waive him.

3. If he is cooked, he can be sent down for a small cap saving and kinda adds depth.

I know it's early, but he's been brutal and I don't know that it turns around

Ok, without Spurgeon right now the Minny defense is struggling hard so, it might have been necessity over design him getting that icetime
Ceci is a guy that IMO we should look to upgrade on. 3RD can be filled by Broberg, Desharnais or another cheaper player. Ceci is not a 2RD and definitely not a 1RD, he also makes too much for a 3RD on our team. I wish that we would've pulled the trigger on a deal in the offseason.

Reactions: Faelko

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Cody and Broberg for Pesce.

Nurse Pesce
Ekholm Bouchard
Kulak Desharnais
Gleason

edit - with young Akey in the pipeline
That is a horrible defence. Descharnais should not be a full-time #6. all it takes is one injury and we have Descharnais as our #5 and Gleason as #6

Reactions: Duke74

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I very much doubt Ceci would be sent to waivers, but I can see 3rd pairing coming soon.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
More Ceci trade stuff, but an idea I think might work

Ceci for David Savard.

I know Savard isn't the first name people go to, but he's big and physical, and as more of a stay at home defenseman, he might be able to support Nurse when he ranges.
You need to watch Savard this year before you decide on that. He is playing so bad it would make you puke. Both Harris and Kovy playing up the lineup and Savard spending time on the third pair.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I very much doubt Ceci would be sent to waivers, but I can see 3rd pairing coming soon.
Ceci did play quite poorly...but just when your about to curse him last night he makes a wonder transition stretch pass that looked Boumeester like--showing great vision.
Highly inconsistent and we need to replace him before the deadline but we have no one now to move up the lineup.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
well, it’s better than the one the oilers currently have.

go tell your jokes elsewhere

you seem stupid.
Ha ha.....and you are what 12? I make a comment and you act like a child calling names. How is that a better defence? Give up 2 of our top 6 dmen and elevate Descharnais to fulll-time #6 and Gleason to #7 and as I said, one injury away from Descharnais and Gleason being our 3rd pairing....basically an AHL 3rd pairing....and you think I am the stupid one? Ummmm ya ok.

What does an 18 year old in the system have an relevance to now in a win-now mode?

Not to mention we would be one right handed dman injury away from Phil Kemp being in our top 6. smh

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That is a horrible defence. Descharnais should not be a full-time #6. all it takes is one injury and we have Descharnais as our #5 and Gleason as #6
I mean yes, but they can get a depth veteran for pretty cheap honestly.

Sure, but I don't like him there either, I am sincerely worried he's cooked as a player. That's why waivers.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I mean yes, but they can get a depth veteran for pretty cheap honestly.

Sure, but I don't like him there either, I am sincerely worried he's cooked as a player. That's why waivers.
How would they get that depth dman? Pesce costs as much as both Ceci and Broberg together. With what cap would they get that dman?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
How would they get that depth dman? Pesce costs as much as both Ceci and Broberg together. With what cap would they get that dman?
Dear gawd chill out. There would be cap space. You could probably get a retention on a depth guy or some on Pesce as he's a UFA at the end of the deal.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Dear gawd chill out. There would be cap space. You could probably get a retention on a depth guy or some on Pesce as he's a UFA at the end of the deal.
It is a simple question. why are you getting to upset? It is all easy to sit back and throw out silly things like that. I dont think you get it. It doesnt matter what retention you get, with Pesce for Broberg and Ceci they are up against the cap. Would really love to hear your proposal of an example of someone they could trade for and for what cost.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Ceci is exactly the defenseman he's been his whole career. We signed him because we needed a competent veteran defenseman (and desperate for a right-shot) and like every other UFA had to pay a bit extra to get him. He was put on the top pair with Nurse his first year here because we didn't have anyone better and he had a career year. That's not his norm. Every other team he's been on he's been a reliable 4 at his best, and a 5-6 dman at his worst which he still is for us.

Healthy scratched in Pittsburgh

Healthy scratched by Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad