Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | All Star Break Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
You can’t see complete systems play away from the camera, how the players are executing within the system as they are off camera too much, if flaws seem teachable or ingrained, managing gaps, foot speed in relation to dead stops and angles of attack. I could go on forever but TV combined with spreadsheets are not a replacement for live viewing. They are supplementary.
Teams have way more access to videos than what you see on TV. There are cameras everywhere. You can see more on videos. Do you think NHL video coaches use what you see on TV?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Friedman saying that the flames and devils talked about market romance but now unlikely.

Friedman also saying Guenztel, Tanev, Hanifin and Henrique are delaying the market.

Edmonton has eyes on Guenztel per Friedman.

Buffalo wants to make their team better now... weird.

Devils: “you want how much for Markstrom?!?”

Buffalo is a good landing spot for Ceci. They want RD bet presence. Just got to hope they don’t scout us too hard .

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This should be our lineup going into playoffs

RNH-McD-Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl-New
McLeod - New - Perry
Holloway-Ryan-Gagner/Brown/Janmark

Nurse - New
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Desharnais

Edit: I say this but there is like frock all out there unless like Philly decides to sell.

Last edited:
Reactions: McBooya42

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Friedman saying that the flames and devils talked about market romance but now unlikely.

Friedman also saying Guenztel, Tanev, Hanifin and Henrique are delaying the market.

Edmonton has eyes on Guenztel per Friedman.

Buffalo wants to make their team better now... weird.
Is there a video on this too?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This should be our lineup going into playoffs

RNH-McD-Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl-New
McLeod - New - Perry
Holloway-Ryan-Gagner/Brown/Janmark

Nurse - New
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Desharnais

Edit: I say this but there is like frock all out there unless like Philly decides to sell.
A top 2D, top 6 fwd and a top 9 fwd in and Foegle and Ceci going out from your lineup.

That’s a tough challenge. Not sure how that happens…unless your buying all rental players without term, which hasn’t been GMKH MO at previous trade deadlines.

Any thoughts in how this could be pulled off?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A top 2D, top 6 fwd and a top 9 fwd in and Foegle and Ceci going out from your lineup.

That’s a tough challenge. Not sure how that happens…unless your buying all rental players without term, which hasn’t been GMKH MO at previous trade deadlines.

Any thoughts in how this could be pulled off?
No, but it’s what we need for a cup

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Foegele has had a good year but the last few games have been pretty disappointing.

Moving him down the line up should make our bottom 6 better but it doesn’t really seem to in reality.

We have such a weird dynamic on this team. Guys want to play in top 6. Very little pride to play in the bottom 6.

I don’t know what the solution is because it’s been a problem for awhile. Nothing seems to change regardless of the players.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Foegele has had a good year but the last few games have been pretty disappointing.

Moving him down the line up should make our bottom 6 better but it doesn’t really seem to in reality.

We have such a weird dynamic on this team. Guys want to play in top 6. Very little pride to play in the bottom 6.

I don’t know what the solution is because it’s been a problem for awhile. Nothing seems to change regardless of the players.
Because that third line doesn't have a stabilizing center. McLeod might be that in the future, but as it stands his game is more suited for the wing.

That third line can perform well when they've got a good mix of players, but we haven't found a way to get them to produce offense at a consistent rate.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Because that third line doesn't have a stabilizing center. McLeod might be that in the future, but as it stands his game is more suited for the wing.

That third line can perform well when they've got a good mix of players, but we haven't found a way to get them to produce offense at a consistent rate.
The Oilers could probably add two top six wingers and then have Nuge center the third line as cheaply as adding a top six winger and an impact third line center. Wingers on expiring deals are by far the cheapest players to add at the deadline.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We will need to pick up a forward who can contribute on the PK as well as chip in on the scoresheet every once in a while. This will allow us to punt one of Janmark or Brown. We can’t have both of these players on a line or else it becomes a black hole of suck.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

Boone Jenner in the 3 hole would fix a lot of problems.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
You don’t just get that development back though. Guys almost never do. He doesn’t have the hands or scoring ability to be a legit good player in this league. He could bounce around as a 3rd liner but he is getting passed by tons of guys drafted after him, his value is only getting lower.

And yeah I think you could convince a team to take him for a legit top 6 guys with term or in part for a defender. I just don’t see him as an impact player.
You’re giving up on him too soon. He’s basically a cost-controlled Warren Foegele, at worst, right now. I like him better as a center too. He seems to thrive with more puck touches.

Reactions: brentashton

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I kind of thought they’d hit the mid-winter blues at some point, not concerned just yet. Be nice if a trade could get done sooner rather than later to inject some life into the group.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You’re giving up on him too soon. He’s basically a cost-controlled Warren Foegele, at worst, right now. I like him better as a center too. He seems to thrive with more puck touches.
I’m not saying give up on him, just we have holes we could use him to fill while his value is high

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The Oilers could probably add two top six wingers and then have Nuge center the third line as cheaply as adding a top six winger and an impact third line center. Wingers on expiring deals are by far the cheapest players to add at the deadline.
Two potential cheap top six winger adds would be Eberle and Duckair. Then move RNH to the 3rd line and McLeod to the 4th. Spend the big assets on a long term partner for Nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad