Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | All Star Break Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers could probably add two top six wingers and then have Nuge center the third line as cheaply as adding a top six winger and an impact third line center. Wingers on expiring deals are by far the cheapest players to add at the deadline.
If we're adding anyone of substance long-term, which is preferred if there's anything valuable moving out, the 3C is a role that would have the largest impact. It's arguably been the most difficult role to address throughout the McDavid era.

Moving RNH down could be a viable option. But as it stands the Oilers' bottom six is rather soft. It would also likely neuter his already poor even strength production in all likelihood.

I don't disagree though. Top six depth wingers are abundant in the NHL these days.

Boone Jenner in the 3 hole would fix a lot of problems.
I agree. But I have a feeling that he'd be Draisaitl's linemate in no time flat.

Reactions: Duke74

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I even wouldn’t mind two centers, we can play McLeod/Holloway/Ryan on wing easy.

Two of Laughton/Dowd/Jenner would be incredible. I think they all have some term after this season too?

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Foegele
Kane - Laughton/Jenner - Perry
Holloway/Janmark - Dowd - Ryan

McLeod and Foegele just work with Drai, we all saw it, they’re way better on that line than in the bottom 6.

3rd line would be so annoying to play against and I think they’d actually score.

4th line is defensively responsible, Dowd and Ryan are both smart vets. Dowd is an actual shutdown C, just scored against the Nucks too so I’m liking him more and more. I probably would pay the price if they retained on him.

If you could somehow upgrade Ceci I think you could comfortably roll any line, any pairing.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
St Louis could possibly make the playoffs. Why would they unload anybody? I see people or stauffer talk about them

Reactions: McDoused

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Teams have way more access to videos than what you see on TV. There are cameras everywhere. You can see more on videos. Do you think NHL video coaches use what you see on TV?

I don’t disagree there are more cameras and more angles covered but they don’t take it all in at once. You talk to any scout and you’ll hear the same thing. In person is a must because you see the entire rink at once. You then go back to watch specific moments in games on video.

NHL video coaches are also zoomed in on specifics such as offsides for example and use what you can get on video. It’s a different ballgame than scouting.

There’s a reason every pro team on the planet relies on in person scouting as well as video and stats.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’m not saying give up on him, just we have holes we could use him to fill while his value is high
I guess what I’m saying is trade Foegele instead of Holloway. More cap savings with, in my opinion, not a huge drop in quality of player and far better going forward.

Reactions: brentashton

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I guess what I’m saying is trade Foegele instead of Holloway. More cap savings with, in my opinion, not a huge drop in quality of player and far better going forward.
It’s a massive drop in player quality now though. Holloway is a 10-12 point player this year, Foegele is already at 26 points for the year. Maybe in the future but right now it’s not close.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
It’s a massive drop in player quality now though. Holloway is a 10-12 point player this year, Foegele is already at 26 points for the year. Maybe in the future but right now it’s not close.
Holloway will start producing in this league and it will be sooner than later he has a better tool box than McLeod, he just needs more games without injury disruptions and he will start putting it together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad