Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Which Players Would You Waive or Trade?

Which Players Would You Waive or Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I just wanna have faith in this team ya know.

Like look at our play and go “ya, we are good enough to win most nights but some nights ain’t our night” rather than look at our play and constantly go “I’m glad the Pp/McDrai are so good, they won us that game”

I hear you, it's a tough time as an Oilers fan especially in a season that had real expectations after the offseason moves. It would be nice to have a real TEAM one of these years.
The best I can say, after reflecting on it a bit today, is that there's still plenty of season left so lets just hope this is merely a bump in the road and not a sign of things to come.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
They should. Chychrun would be our best defender.
It'd be so Oilers to pay a ransom for a guy who is having the worst year of his career. Is anybody in the NHL even close to his -29 right now? I get that he plays significant minutes for Arizona but nobody on that team is even close to his numbers right now all while he has only been able to chip in 7 points.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Maybe Nuge will step up one of these games by moving his feet and completing a pass to an Oiler player.

He's in that f***ing mode where he moves his feet, but kind of just skates in place. Every pass is telegraphed and cutely saucered to either nobody or the other team. No passes along the ice whatsoever. Shots on goal? When he's playing like this he's dusting it off, placing it, then firing it 3 feet high so it can rip around the glass and out.

I think he's half the reason the PP has stunk lately. Watch how often the possession dies with him lately because of some soft pass to nowhere on the wall.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It'd be so Oilers to pay a ransom for a guy who is having the worst year of his career. Is anybody in the NHL even close to his -29 right now? I get that he plays significant minutes for Arizona but nobody on that team is even close to his numbers right now all while he has only been able to chip in 7 points.
It’s mostly the minutes played. He is allowing goals at the 5th highest rate on the team and 19 guys have a higher xGA rate than he does in the team. When a team is that putrid and you have your only good player playing that many minutes a lot of their results are not going to be a reflection on that player.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

So you don't believe in the whole buy low, sell high philosophy? Want to wait for him to turn back into a top-20 defender before we trade for him?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe Nuge will step up one of these games by moving his feet and completing a pass to an Oiler player.

He's in that f***ing mode where he moves his feet, but kind of just skates in place. Every pass is telegraphed and cutely saucered to either nobody or the other team. No passes along the ice whatsoever.

I think he's half the reason the PP has stunk lately. Watch how often the possession dies with him lately because of some soft pass to nowhere on the wall.

RNH's theme song

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Who would you plan to move (that Montreal would be interested in) that would create 10 million in cap space that would be required to take on that contract?
Well they would need to retain a pile to start with, so it wouldn't be the full $10 million. Koskinen as part of the deal opens up 4.5. It just depends on how much makes sense for the Habs to retain. I'd love to say that they retain 50%, and we includ Koskinen and Turris but they aren't paying Price 5.25M per year to play somewhere else so I'm not sure. Its just obvious that Holland doesn't care much about having to many old guys in the locker room.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
It’s mostly the minutes played. He is allowing goals at the 5th highest rate on the team and 19 guys have a higher xGA rate than he does in the team. When a team is that putrid and you have your only good player playing that many minutes a lot of their results are not going to be a reflection on that player.
Didn't seem to matter when OEL was doing the same thing, though. The real point is that last year was a major outlier for him outside of that every year he has played has seem him only on pace to put up 30 points a year if you are giving up what is being talked about (Broberg plus 2 firsts plus more) I want somebody who can do significantly more. The guy has 3 more years before UFA in which he'll probably want Nurse money.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Didn't seem to matter when OEL was doing the same thing, though. The real point is that last year was a major outlier for him outside of that every year he has played has seem him only on pace to put up 30 points a year if you are giving up what is being talked about (Broberg plus 2 firsts plus more) I want somebody who can do significantly more. The guy has 3 more years before UFA in which he'll probably want Nurse money.
Points wise yes, but his defensive play has been mostly good his entire career, where OEL has really struggled for the last long while defensively. The other issue with OEL was the massive risk of his contract. Since Chychrun started playing he has had better defensive numbers than OEL every single year.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
So you don't believe in the whole buy low, sell high philosophy? Want to wait for him to turn back into a top-20 defender before we trade for him?
When has he ever been a top 20 defender? The guy is on pace for 22 points this year. Where is the buy low when people are talking about Broberg and 2 firsts as a return? The only year anyone can say he was top 20 was when he was playing the same 7 teams 8 times a season.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Can someone help me out . I am having a debate with a friend so I appreciate the help...Ok in no way am I saying to trade 29 and 97 let's be clear . Let's say both players say they want out and it's no debate. What kind of trades would be made and how different would Edmonton be .thanyou

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Points wise yes, but his defensive play has been mostly good his entire career, where OEL has really struggled for the last long while defensively. The other issue with OEL was the massive risk of his contract. Since Chychrun started playing he has had better defensive numbers than OEL every single year.
To be clear I'd gladly take the guy on this team but not for the absurd proposals I've seen in this section and the main board. I mean the guy has played 1 full season in his entire career and it was during a shortened covid season. He's missed 90 plus games in his first 5 seasons in the league and is injured again this year. The guy has red flags all over him right now.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
His teams at least didn't give up a ton of goals compared to the rest of the league.
He got fired in Calgary quick too.
In his 2 years in Calgary he had TWO regulars with a below 40% goal share and 9 above 50.
In the last 3 seasons (similar games played)
Tippet has...9 regulars under 40% goal share and 10 above 50%

And its not like Calgarys bottom 6 had a bunch of world beaters on it either.

Don't think he is a great coach but come on Tipp

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Can someone help me out . I am having a debate with a friend so I appreciate the help...Ok in no way am I saying to trade 29 and 97 let's be clear . Let's say both players say they want out and it's no debate. What kind of trades would be made and how different would Edmonton be .thanyou
If they wanted out we would start a rebuild and trade them for the most amount of draft picks and good prospects possible. So the team would be a bottom feeder trying to find a McDavid/Draisaitl again but hopefully with a real defence and goaltending too.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
If they wanted out we would start a rebuild and trade them for the most amount of draft picks and good prospects possible. So the team would be a bottom feeder trying to find a McDavid/Draisaitl again but hopefully with a real defence and goaltending too.
thanks my friend

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

In that kind of deal you would be getting some players back for teams to make the money work, and I don't think those would all be shit throw in players either.

Teams in C markets will sell the farm for them even if it doesn't make sense hockey wise due to their marketing power.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Zero discussion. This is a business first and foremost and those two players make the Oilers one of the most valuable NHL franchises at north of a billion dollar valuation and they selling tickets and merchandise at sky high prices.

The owner says no, GM can't do shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad