Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Which Players Would You Waive or Trade?

Which Players Would You Waive or Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You have the alternate side of that argument available to you in Kuemper, who Colorado outbid us on and paid an exorbitant price for what could end up being a one and done.

Yes, better goaltending would be nice, but good goaltending is something that relies heavily on the team in front of him. So even paying that kind of price wouldn't necessarily pay the kind of dividends that you'd expect.
Playing Smith/Koskinen yet again should've been the absolute last resort for this team. I don't doubt Holland tried but trying simply isn't good enough, and this goaltending isn't going to take us anywhere.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
and the four seasons prior when he could only pace for 30 points over an entire season was what just bad luck?

No? It was a 20, 21 and 22 year old defenseman succeeding. Not every young dman can do what Makar or Hughes can. 30 points for a defenseman that age is huge.
He's only a year older than Bouchard and already has 3x30 point seasons

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So uh ...

Foegele McDavid Hyman
Puljujarvi Draisaitl Kassian
McLeod RNH Yamamoto
Who gives a shit 4th line

Might as well try it, who even cares at this point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Foegele - McDavid - Pulju
Hyman - Draisaitl - Kassian
McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto

IMO

Sure why not. Doubt this coaching staff has the brains to try it. Just keep trotting out that DRY line, probably the first thing Moron Tippett blurted out on his Zoom call with the other coaches.

"Don't break up the 2nd line! Also we must keep Kassian and Foegele in positions of failure".

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Sure why not. Doubt this coaching staff has the brains to try it. Just keep trotting out that DRY line, probably the first thing Moron Tippett blurted out on his Zoom call with the other coaches.

"Don't break up the 2nd line! Also we must keep Kassian and Foegele in positions of failure".
Kassian deserves to be benched tbh.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Yup

Don’t forget “if it looks like we might not win, make sure to reunited McDrai so they get scored on again!”

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Kassian deserves to be benched tbh.

He does but…who do you play there?

Reminds me, Bob suggested trying Turris as a top 6RW.

He also said that Turris is not a bottom 6 guy. Wonder why Tippett is still trying to fit a square peg in a round hole?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeah, Bob commented on the inability to win a draw not being ideal. Yamamoto needs to be in the bottom 6 or traded. I’d rather they don’t trade him at his lowest value but it might be too late for that

I'm ok with Yamo in the bottom 6 as long as RNH isn't his C. Same with RNH, I'm ok with him at 3C as long as his wingers make sense as 3C wingers. Yamo and him in a 3rd line role will accomplish a lot of nothing other than getting scored on.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kane isn’t a good person but McDrai, JP, Hyman, Nuge and Kane would be the best top 6 in the league IMO. That would be unreal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure if anyone else bothered to listen to Bob today but he was going on (a lot) about trying Nuge at 3C and keeping Yamo with him on the third line.

They’ll probably try that first before making a move of any kind. They should have been tried Nuge as 3C a couple games ago at the latest but this coach is this coach so…

Bob also said something about “expect a RW and RD to move in the offseason”.

Great news, I guess

Expectation: Kassian and Barrie
Reality: Yamamoto and Bouchard

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Tippett's been calling out Bouchard left and right in his pressers, not a peep about Barrie even though every time he's in the defensive zone it looks like the first time he's ever worn skates

Thankfully there’a about a less than 10% chance he’s coaching here next season so it’s not worth worrying about. Holland wanted Bouchard played more last season

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Hypothetical situations:

Would you do 1st + Koskinen + Yamamoto for Toffoli + Allen at the Deadline?

Would you trade Turris + Lavoie + Benson + 2nd + 3rd(potentially) for Donskoi + Jarnkrok?

Would you trade Kassian + Samorukov + 3rd for Lawson Crouse? Pick may have to be higher

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Defense and goaltending will have to be fixed in the offseason unfortunately. The only in-season fix is to get a coach with a better system, which should absolutely be done, it's the most logical thing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Defense and goaltending will have to be fixed in the offseason unfortunately. The only in-season fix is to get a coach with a better system, which should absolutely be done, it's the most logical thing.

Throw 6+ mill at Campbell I guess? Not sure what else will be available in the summer that won't be available at the deadline.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone else bothered to listen to Bob today but he was going on (a lot) about trying Nuge at 3C and keeping Yamo with him on the third line.

They’ll probably try that first before making a move of any kind. They should have been tried Nuge as 3C a couple games ago at the latest but this coach is this coach so…

Bob also said something about “expect a RW and RD to move in the offseason”.

Great news, I guess
Watch, Yamamoto, Barrie, 2nd for Eberle

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I really hope so man. I take no pleasure in this team floundering around in McDavid Year 7

If Tippett is back next season (without making the conference finals), I don’t think I’m going to bother. Holland has definitely made some mistakes, but he sounds high on Bouchard, I don’t see them trading him

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
If you manage to swing Broberg + 2 1sts + Kassian + Barrie + 2nd for Chychrun & Crouse, then you can go:

Crouse - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
Foegele - McLeod - Yamamoto
whoever whoever whoever

Nurse - Bouchard
Chychrun - Ceci
Keith - whoever

X
Smith

Only thing left would be flipping Koskinen + Turris + picks for a goalie acquisition and maybe another center if McLeod flounders.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If you manage to swing Broberg + 2 1sts + Kassian + Barrie + 2nd for Chychrun & Crouse, then you can go:

Crouse - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
Foegele - McLeod - Yamamoto
whoever whoever whoever

Nurse - Bouchard
Chychrun - Ceci
Keith - whoever

X
Smith

Only thing left would be flipping Koskinen + Turris + picks for a goalie acquisition and maybe another center if McLeod flounders.
Swap Foegele and Crouse, because Crouse is a bit more like a poor man's Foegele and should not be in the top-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad