Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What You See is What You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Oh, I was just kidding. There was just a conversation about him being quite wee since his hockeydb page had him at something really small at like 150 or so.

I dont think he's actually 5 foot 100 pounds, but I would pay to see that sorta man play.

Well young fella there was a goaltender back in the day who stood at 5'3 and he's now in the hall of fame by the name of Roy Worters.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
:habs
Ryan Nugent Hopkins

:edmonton
Tyler Toffoli
Artemi Panarin
Habs 3rd

:kings
Milan Lucic (1m retained)
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Habs 2nd

:cbj
Max Pacioretty
Caleb Jones
LA 2nd

North

Jun 25, 2009
Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Tyler Toffoli
Artemi Panarin
Habs 3rd

Oliver Bjorkstrand
Habs 2nd

Max Pacioretty
Caleb Jones
LA 2nd

That's great for Edmonton, good for Montreal, not great for LA, and horrible for Columbus.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Interesting. Listening to a Maroon interview on Spittin Chiclets. He never got a single offer besides the STL one. Was expecting something in the 3-4 year 12-16 million range but never got a single offer or phone interview.

Also was talking about this last season and how he felt (including himself) that everyone went into the season really cocky and thought it would be easy. Hopefully they buck up this year.

Also didn't have a lot of nice things to say about fans for the last 3-4 months he was here.

Reactions: Supermassive

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Tyler Toffoli
Artemi Panarin
Habs 3rd

Oliver Bjorkstrand
Habs 2nd

Max Pacioretty
Caleb Jones
LA 2nd

I'd do that in a heartbeat but I think Columbus needs more and I don't think we give enough for getting a top line winger and top 6 winger. I'd easily throw in our 2019 first (conditional on Panarin resigning).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting. Listening to a Maroon interview on Spittin Chiclets. He never got a single offer besides the STL one. Was expecting something in the 3-4 year 12-16 million range but never got a single offer or phone interview.

Also was talking about this last season and how he felt (including himself) that everyone went into the season really cocky and thought it would be easy. Hopefully they buck up this year.

Also didn't have a lot of nice things to say about fans for the last 3-4 months he was here.
Was that all after July 1st? Wonder if teams called before and just stepped back from him.

Keep in mind at the deadline he was apparently one of the top guys out there. Didn't he only go for a third? Me thinks for whatever reason he isn't as wanted as we all think

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Still hoping for some sort of rw to push jp and ky to the ahl.

Rather it not be them struggling and just throw a vet in there. If the kids prove themselves then great but I don't really want a repeat of last year where there is no other option so they are playing

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Was that all after July 1st? Wonder if teams called before and just stepped back from him.

Keep in mind at the deadline he was apparently one of the top guys out there. Didn't he only go for a third? Me thinks for whatever reason he isn't as wanted as we all think

Maybe GM's are finally getting a bit smarter with the contracts they're throwing around? Given the style of game he plays and his age, he's also likely peaked. He also had back surgery this off-season I think, which might scare suitors away.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe GM's are finally getting a bit smarter with the contracts they're throwing around? Given the style of game he plays and his age, he's also likely peaked. He also had back surgery this off-season I think, which might scare suitors away.
Add to it he really only starting putting an effort into his game a couple years ago and you can see why teams are afraid to lock long term with him.

Letustu said it before July 1st at his age he can't bicker and be choosy. Maroon made it clear what he wanted and it backfired. Teams will go to plan b very quickly on July 1st. Maroon found that out the hard way

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Add to it he really only starting putting an effort into his game a couple years ago and you can see why teams are afraid to lock long term with him.

Letustu said it before July 1st at his age he can't bicker and be choosy. Maroon made it clear what he wanted and it backfired. Teams will go to plan b very quickly on July 1st. Maroon found that out the hard way
that also reminds me of Cody Franson, who had a hot season and the Leafs offered him around 5 million a year, long term. He ended up losing millions over that decision

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
GMs aren't blind.

Maroon has only looked like more than a middle 6 tweener that has commitment issues and skates in mud when he was playing beside the best offensive player to enter the league in 30 years. I love the guy but I'm really not surprised.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
GMs aren't blind.

Maroon has only looked like more than a middle 6 tweener that has commitment issues and skates in mud when he was playing beside the best offensive player to enter the league in 30 years. I love the guy but I'm really not surprised.
Well I'm not sure I agree with the first part.

But the second part is bang on. I think that's why he canned his agent as his agent was telling him he can have the cake and eat it too

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
that also reminds me of Cody Franson, who had a hot season and the Leafs offered him around 5 million a year, long term. He ended up losing millions over that decision
He really just fell apart after that. That contract would've probably just finished.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

well on contract comment, I don't think ANYONE was dumb enough to offer him 4million per year. no wonder he didn't get an offer. bad assumption on his and his agents part.
even oiler fans here. wasn't the general consensus that he wouldn't be worth more than about 3m per year?

for the second comment. seems like it's now general knowledge the oilers walked into the season cocky and without the proper work ethic.

for his third comment. he's probably right that the fans were not very nice, but what would he expect when he and the rest of the team crapped the bed so badly?
unless they were making nasty comments to him in public, especially if he was with his family, then too bad so sad.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
well on contract comment, I don't think ANYONE was dumb enough to offer him 4million per year. no wonder he didn't get an offer. bad assumption on his and his agents part.
even oiler fans here. wasn't the general consensus that he wouldn't be worth more than about 3m per year?

for the second comment. seems like it's now general knowledge the oilers walked into the season cocky and without the proper work ethic.

for his third comment. he's probably right that the fans were not very nice, but what would he expect when he and the rest of the team crapped the bed so badly?
unless they were making nasty comments to him in public, especially if he was with his family, then too bad so sad.
4mil a year was fine on a two year maybe even 3 year. Anything more was going to be risky

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
the main board is amusing in how leaf fans are getting very creative in getting a good young D onto their team while giving up not too much
The main boards are always a mess, but come summer it’s worse.

I rather walk barefoot on glass then waste my time there

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Troy Stecher got $2.325M/season for two years from Vancouver.

Not surprised the bridge came in that low for him. Things were very positive around him in 16-17 and he was one of the more disappointing elements of their season this past year.

I think 3.25/2 on Nurse seems more clear than ever.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The main boards are always a mess, but come summer it’s worse.

I rather walk barefoot on glass then waste my time there

I'd pay money to see that.

And you could use the money to pay for your ambulance bills afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad