Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What You See is What You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I would be all over Kulak, I think he is a good 3rd pairing D and upside to be one of the better ones in the league, or maybe even a fringe 2nd pairing guy

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I would be all over Kulak, I think he is a good 3rd pairing D and upside to be one of the better ones in the league, or maybe even a fringe 2nd pairing guy
He’s from here, so he’d play for the team he grew up cheering for.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

even at say $800,000 would the oilers even have money for him?
can you do anything until they know what they are paying nurse?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

People complain enough about our team defensively. Kulak is utterly lost in the defensive zone. Imo, he’s a non offensive “offensive defenseman” who’s the wrong hand, and like a 6/7 at best. He might become more, but he’s not an upgrade in any way for us

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
It’s pathetic but I don’t see how we can afford such a cheap player while resigning Nurse, unless we shed salary.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
even at say $800,000 would the oilers even have money for him?
can you do anything until they know what they are paying nurse?

Money wouldn't be an issue at that rate as he'd just be replacing Gravel. That's only 100k more.

The question is whether or not he's better than Gravel and the answer is likely that they're both nothing, replaceable players.

I would bet there will be better d men available through waivers than Kulak before opening night.

Seems like Kulak is getting that Berta boost here.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Montreal blockbuster huh?

Lucic, Sekera, Puljujarvi (12.4M not counting any of Pulju's potential ELC bonuses)

for

Paccioretty, Gallagher, and Shaw (12.15M)

RNH McDavid Gallagher
Paccioretty Drai Yamamoto
Rieder Strome Shaw
Khaira Brodziak Kassian

Nurse Larsson
Klefbom Benning
Russell Bouchard

I think that looks better on paper than what we currently have. Trading Pulju would be tough but Gallagher is better right now.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
No point in signing someone like Kulak when you have Bear/Gravel/Jones/Stanton in the org.

Plus my guess is they leave the door wide open for Bouchard to make the team.

I think the team has enough #7 dmen options and you'd only add someone that can at least be a consistent bottom pairing dman at a minimum.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Would you trade Lucic for Alzner?

giphy.gif

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Mikko Koskinen has a poor showing in camp and he gets sent to Bakersfield, how does the cap hit work if he refuses to report? Can we loan him to a team in the KHL? Would that alleviate his entire $2.5m cap hit?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If Mikko Koskinen has a poor showing in camp and he gets sent to Bakersfield, how does the cap hit work if he refuses to report? Can we loan him to a team in the KHL? Would that alleviate his entire $2.5m cap hit?

Nope.

They'd have to mutually terminate the contract for him to head back to Europe and not count against the cap.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nope.

They'd have to mutually terminate the contract for him to head back to Europe and not count against the cap.
I wonder if that's likely if he doesn't hit the ground running. That deal is pretty strange. In all honesty, I'm extremely pessimistic regarding what we're likely to see from Koskinen, but judging by how we've handled the goaltending situation over the past eight months, I think he's going to get a decent shot at taking Talbot's post. It's the only way that deal makes any sense to me.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder if that's likely if he doesn't hit the ground running. That deal is pretty strange. In all honesty, I'm extremely pessimistic regarding what we're likely to see from Koskinen, but judging by how we've handled the goaltending situation over the past eight months, I think he's going to get a decent shot at taking Talbot's post. It's the only way that deal makes any sense to me.
I like the Koskinen add actually. It seems like not the product of shallow stat watching, but close scouting. There was a KHL goalie with better stats signed by the Avs I think, but KHL stats don't exactly translate to the NHL

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I like the Koskinen add actually. It seems like not the product of shallow stat watching, but close scouting. There was a KHL goalie with better stats signed by the Avs I think, but KHL stats don't exactly translate to the NHL

Francouz? That's the guy who's like 5'4 and 100 pounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad