Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I am fine with moving assets for a proven winger.
What about Stone, with the cap going up next year to around 83 mil could we fit him in at 8 mil
2019 unprotected 1st round pick
Puljujarvi
Yamamoto
Spooner cap
In the off season move Benning and Russell
Don’t over pay any RFA players. If Chiasson wants anything over 1.75 mil let him walk
McD, LD
RNH, Stone
Now we have secondary scoring

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Tarasenko wouldn’t be an easy trade to make but I’d deal Nuge for him no problem. McD gets his sniper and Draisaitl goes to the second line where he was intended to be

North

Jun 25, 2009
Tarasenko wouldn’t be an easy trade to make but I’d deal Nuge for him no problem. McD gets his sniper and Draisaitl goes to the second line where he was intended to be

I wouldn’t.

The point is to add to McDavid, Drai, and Nuge. Not replace one, especially the most versatile one with a one dimensional forward (Tarasenko is very good at that dimension though).

Unfortunately we’re also not in a place where we can give up futures for the present.

If we could find a way out from under Lucic’s contract then we could get creative and not toss Nuge or Drai into trades when we need both of them.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I wouldn’t.

The point is to add to McDavid, Drai, and Nuge. Not replace one, especially the most versatile one with a one dimensional forward (Tarasenko is very good at that dimension though).

Unfortunately we’re also not in a place where we can give up futures for the present.

If we could find a way out from under Lucic’s contract then we could get creative and not toss Nuge or Drai into trades when we need both of them.
Do we really need Nuge though? I mean he gets all this credit for 2-way play but I think it’s a mirage. He doesn’t hit, is still bad on face-offs, doesn’t drive a line or know how to take a slap shot, all this after 8 years in the league? He’s soft and shows no passion IMO. Nobody is taking Lucic’s contract, let’s face it so to add a sniper and the hefty contract that goes with it Nuge seems like the logical choice. Next year we might have McLeod at center as well and he’s not a bottom 6 type of player

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Do we really need Nuge though? I mean he gets all this credit for 2-way play but I think it’s a mirage. He doesn’t hit, is still bad on face-offs, doesn’t drive a line or know how to take a slap shot, all this after 8 years in the league? He’s soft and shows no passion IMO. Nobody is taking Lucic’s contract, let’s face it so to add a sniper and the hefty contract that goes with it Nuge seems like the logical choice. Next year we might have McLeod at center as well and he’s not a bottom 6 type of player

Your evaluation of Nuge is pretty laughable.

Lots of buzz words with zero substance.

Reactions: Speedo and TB12

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He ain't wrong. If you really feel that way about Nuge, then you obviously haven't watched enough of him this season.
This season? I’m a season ticket holder, have been for years. I see things away from the play that the tv audience doesn’t so don’t think for a minute I don’t know this team

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The league should allow each NHL team to have a second farm team. On the moon.

I kid.

I have nothing against Lucic at all. Actually I feel pretty terrible for him.
Yah. Crazy drop in production. I mean he was a steady 50 point player. League evolved I guess.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This season? I’m a season ticket holder, have been for years. I see things away from the play that the tv audience doesn’t so don’t think for a minute I don’t know this team

Well you obviously have missed a lot of action then. Because he has been doing quite a bit more this year than he has the last few years. He has 31 point in 35 games so he must be doing something right.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Nuge is an excellent player and he's on pace for a career high 73 pts. You're just flat out wrong.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Well you obviously have missed a lot of action then. Because he has been doing quite a bit more this year than he has the last few years. He has 31 point in 35 games so he must be doing something right.
So to be clear you wouldn’t trade Nuge for Tarasenko?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
11:59 (EST) = the roster freeze. Sportsnet has been suggesting a slew of moves for the past 3 weeks. What's the over/under on nothing happening at all, and instead of deals we see 20 new articles about how cool Toronto is.

Over/under of nothing happening is set at 0.5 for me and I'm taking the under. I don't recall any kind of trade on/at the Christmas deadline in a lot of years, so I'd be shocked if one trade happened.

Now because I said that, watch 3 or 4 deals go down lol.

Reactions: Shathar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad