Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'd have time for Burglund if he wants to play for Hitch again..

Though I think added another forward would be just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The big issue is every LHD is injured and out, and the right side isn't good enough to compensate for it.

Go out and move 2 2nd rounders for someone like Vatanen or Faulk or Green or Myers, as that'll solve a lot more issues vs. adding another middle 6 forward.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Lucic gets traded on July 1 for Corey Schneider (saves New Jersey money) once the Oilers pay out his bonuses, but gets the Oilers a contract 1 year less, and I think Lucic will probably ask Chia again in the summer to trade him and something like that is the only way to accomodate that.

Last edited:

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
According to you? Too early to call anything about Puljujarvi.

No. It is not too early. He defers to linemates too much. He does not know where to skate in the offensive zone when he does not have the puck. Shot is hard but not accurate.

He will play in the NHL, but will be a 30-35 point player tops.

Need to trade him now.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
No. It is not too early. He defers to linemates too much. He does not know where to skate in the offensive zone when he does not have the puck. Shot is hard but not accurate.

Need to trade him now.
Both drafted the same year but JP is a bust while Fabbro isn't makes perfect sense..........

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015

Need to trade him now.

He’s young, and learning, just last game we saw him get into a shooting lane and get rewarded for it. It’s a process, but even in the past few weeks he’s obviously improving. Using his size, getting gritty, finding spots. Give him time.

Reactions: North

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
How is him disagreeing with your evaluation of Nuge not an opinion? More over he said it was laughable which I would think would be a strong disagreement with your opinion.

Do we really need Nuge? I'd say definitively, yes we do. He is without a shadow of doubt the 3rd best forward on the team and we are in short supply of quality forwards.
Is his 2-way play a mirage? I'd say no, at times overstated a bit in his career, but every coach that's ever had him has heralded his 2-way play (which seems to be only improving with time), I'm guessing they know a bit more about hockey than you and to my eye his positioning is generally quite good and he is great at being in passing lanes.
Does he hit? Not a lot, but does it matter? The game today is predicated on possession and he is quite good at takeaways, he separates players from pucks with good positioning and a good stick, Lucic for example hits a ton, but is often just laying into guys after the puck is long gone and a change in puck possession doesn't occur. Also if you've noticed centers tend to not hit as much cause they don't want to get tied up with someone behind the play and thereby be out of position defensively.
Is he bad at faceoffs? Undoubtedly yes, but, it is one of the most overrated stats largely cause of talking heads needing something to chat about during breaks in play.
Doesn't drive a line? Um, our 2nd line is still producing and the quality of his linemates leaves a lot to be desired relative to what most 2nd line centers have to work with.
Is he soft and does he show no passion? IMO no NHL player who plays as much as him and who misses so little time is soft, clearly he has incurred and played through injuries at multiple points in his career, in terms of passion he is a quiet humble guy and keeps his emotions close to the vest, just cause he's a bit introverted does not mean he doesn't care. People who actually know him have spoken to how passionate he actually is and how much he cares, although some with an old school mentality would prefer he do pointless **** like slam the bench door and slam his stick against the glass for no reason.
Nobody is taking Lucic's contract? If David Clarkson is moveable just about anyone is, it will take some doing, it may require taking another bad contract back, retaining money, or simply sitting on Lucic's contract for a while longer till there is less term on it. I'm very doubtful Lucic will play out his full contract here, no doubt though moving Lucic's deal will be incredibly hard and will likely require some incentive in the way of futures to help us move that.

As to talking about Nuge for Tarasenko, I don't see that as being a realistic possibility, so I'll refrain from discussing it. With respect to McLeod I'd prefer not to count our chickens before they hatch, many a player has impressed in camp in one pre-season and failed to build on it the following pre-season, we should plan around him not cracking the roster and be pleasantly surprised if he is good enough to make the jump.

This is an excellent post

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Do we really need Nuge though? I mean he gets all this credit for 2-way play but I think it’s a mirage. He doesn’t hit, is still bad on face-offs, doesn’t drive a line or know how to take a slap shot, all this after 8 years in the league? He’s soft and shows no passion IMO. Nobody is taking Lucic’s contract, let’s face it so to add a sniper and the hefty contract that goes with it Nuge seems like the logical choice. Next year we might have McLeod at center as well and he’s not a bottom 6 type of player
He's been a good 2 way player for like 4 years now. Hitting and faceoffs are useless stats and his caphit is entirely reasonable. How many times have you seen McDavid take a slapshot? This isn't the 80s.

Doesn't drive a line? His 5v5 P/60 away from McDavid is better than Draisaitl's this season and he doesn't get outscored away from McDavid and Draisaitl even with the shit wingers he's been given.

You're crazy if you think McLeod is going to be better than RNH next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad