Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You get your #1 RHD and an elitr scorer who can drive the 2nd line. McDavid produces with everyone and his GF% is the same with and without Draisaitl's.

Draisaitl isn't even a center so you really aren't getting any C depth. Not that any of this matters since we'd have to add massively to Draisaitl to get those two.

Payarko isn’t a #1D, he’s a 2nd pairing Dman that plays behind Pietrangelo. He also hasn’t hit 40 points yet in his career. Value wise the deal is fair but Draisaitl is to important to the team and inside the locker room. He’s close with Mcdavid and we also have a poor history with Russian players.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Payarko isn’t a #1D, he’s a 2nd pairing Dman that plays behind Pietrangelo. He also hasn’t hit 40 points yet in his career. Value wise the deal is fair but Draisaitl is to important to the team and inside the locker room. He’s close with Mcdavid and we also have a poor history with Russian players.

agree. not sure why parayko is overrated by oilers fans. it must be because he's from the area. he's a decent defenceman no doubt with a bit of potential to maybe become a top pairing d man but it's definitely not a sure fire thing.
i'm ok with but don't love drai but he needs to stay for the reasons you say. he's part of the core and he has great chemistry with connor. you can't assume connor will find someone else like that in the future if drai is traded. i think it would be quite foolish to move drai for almost anything reasonable at this point.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
-Chiarelli and Armstrong photographed sitting together.

-Pulju down to the 4th line, Rattie draws back in on the 2nd line when the Khaira-RNH-JP line was playing pretty damn good hockey.

Either one hell of a coincidence or it's pretty easy to connect the dots here.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
agree. not sure why parayko is overrated by oilers fans. it must be because he's from the area. he's a decent defenceman no doubt with a bit of potential to maybe become a top pairing d man but it's definitely not a sure fire thing.
i'm ok with but don't love drai but he needs to stay for the reasons you say. he's part of the core and he has great chemistry with connor. you can't assume connor will find someone else like that in the future if drai is traded. i think it would be quite foolish to move drai for almost anything reasonable at this point.

Porayko is tyler myers. great top 4 guy, not a top pairing guy, would love to have him but im not giving up nurse to get him

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Parayko's metrics are really good and he's not sheltered in St. Louis. He's the type of guy that will probably really step up on the top pairing and with some PP1 time imo.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I know pot is legal now, but you're smoking way too much if you're discussing the possibility of trading Leon Draisaitl.

TBH, I have less interest in Blues defenseman than I do Tarasenko. Long term, the Oilers will have a healthier unit and Evan Bouchard should be the RH option that fills the PP need as soon as next year. But finding a fourth impact forward changes the complexion of the Oilers primary scoring, and there's rarely one that's on the market, prime aged, decently cost controlled and under contract for years without a trade clause.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
I know pot is legal now, but you're smoking way too much if you're discussing the possibility of trading Leon Draisaitl.

TBH, I have less interest in Blues defenseman than I do Tarasenko. Long term, the Oilers will have a healthier unit and Evan Bouchard should be the RH option that fills the PP need as soon as next year. But finding a fourth impact forward changes the complexion of the Oilers primary scoring, and there's rarely one that's on the market, prime aged, decently cost controlled and under contract for years without a trade clause.
There's no way to acquire, let alone fit Tarasenko to the cap without giving up one of Nuge or Drai.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There's no way to acquire, let alone fit Tarasenko to the cap without giving up one of Nuge or Drai.

Not true.

The Oilers would need to move some salary out to fit Tarasenko in THIS year, but as Tarasenko is almost half way through his season and a trade like this probably wouldn't happen until February anyway, it's significantly less than you'd think. Past this year, even without finding a way to move on from Milan Lucic, the Oilers have a lot of mechanisms to open the cap space needed to fit in a contract like Tarasenko's. I looked at that in this post.

As for acquiring him, I'm not sure what St Louis is looking for exactly but the Oilers would probably need to stack significant futures together to make that happen. I don't see ANY team giving up an impact forward for Tarasenko. I see a lot of teams giving up quantity and quality of futures.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
People are really speculating about Rattie being on the 2nd line? Armstrong drafted him.. he had 4 seasons in the organization. I'm sure he already knows all about Rattie.

I'd be shocked if those moves had any correlation.

North

Jun 25, 2009
People are really speculating about Rattie being on the 2nd line? Armstrong drafted him.. he had 4 seasons in the organization. I'm sure he already knows all about Rattie.

I'd be shocked if those moves had any correlation.

I'm wondering if they are looking at Rieder.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
hitch says the lineup moves are to alleviate some of the pressure off of a few guys who are carrying the load and looked a bit tired last game (my guess was drai was one fo those guys.... he definitely looked worn down last game). apparently moving khaira to center with pooly and cag on his line is supposed to be a good match vs the other team's 3rd or 4th line and hopefully they can produce to take some stress off of the 1st line and play more minutes than a line centered by spooner.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
hitch says the lineup moves are to alleviate some of the pressure off of a few guys who are carrying the load and looked a bit tired last game (my guess was drai was one fo those guys.... he definitely looked worn down last game). apparently moving khaira to center with pooly and cag on his line is supposed to be a good match vs the other team's 3rd or 4th line and hopefully they can produce to take some stress off of the 1st line and play more minutes than a line centered by spooner.

Neither Caggiula or Rieder have looked all that good since returning from injury. Spooner is in tough here but IMO at least he has been playing hard and with grit at least.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Sekera would have to go in a Tarasenko deal, and a buyout this summer isn't all that bad for the Blues because his salary drops. I think it's around 1.6 mil hit for four years. If we added Puljujarvi/Yamamoto, our 1st, and a few prospects that might get it done and fit under the cap this year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sekera would have to go in a Tarasenko deal, and a buyout this summer isn't all that bad for the Blues because his salary drops. I think it's around 1.6 mil hit for four years. If we added Puljujarvi/Yamamoto, our 1st, and a few prospects that might get it done and fit under the cap this year.

Yamamoto + 1st + Sekera + Conditional 1st (based on team performance) would work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad