Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Top 6 Forward or Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Still with this? Fact is no one is clamouring for that contract including us.
Like I said, just because it's unpleasant or hard, doesn't mean it's impossible to accomplish. It's a Significant addition by subtraction and would be a major statement to this organization and it's fan base. If it's not his top priority, it sure as **** should be.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Bud your talking about throwing away a rookie who only played half a year of Pro hockey with the potential to be a 20+ goal, 50 point scorer for a 27 year old vet who isn't fast. Yes he has a bit of a scoring touch but this would be such a stupid deal. Show this on the main board or, heck even to a reporter, and you'll get laughed out of their face.

You'll probably think I am biased because of my name but this would make no sense in my opinion. Think about how many rookies we've thrown away and think of how they've turned out. A trade like this happens and 2 years later see what happens. Coleman is 30 and Yam is 22-23 turning into a good player

Jet to Yamamoto is the equivalent of Raab to Nurse

Reactions: KYams17

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Jet to Yamamoto is the equivalent of Raab to Nurse
The bias that fans have for certain players before even getting drafted is odd. Don't players deserve a chance? Raab has hated Nurse every year even though he's destroyed Raabs hilarious predictions with his development every year

Reactions: frag2

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Based on what Friedman said on 630 CHED, the team that wanted to offer sheet Marner for long-term was NOT the Islanders.

"There is some pretty legit interest in Ferland and it's just a matter of wrestling that out. I'm not sure who's in the mix. I've heard from another team there are about 3-4 teams in there."

"I'm surprised Johansson didn't end up in Columbus or Buffalo, I wonder if Columbus doesn't want to go where Johansson wants to go. I've been told Buffalo isn't down that road anymore"

"I've heard it's been rough for Dzingel."

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Doing something like this is such a risk ESPECIALLY if its for a player Coleman. That's the best name you can come up on value contracts?
For Yamamoto and a salary dump in Manning, yes. Can you name any other forwards who are signed for another two years below 2M and were top 90 amongst forwards in non powerplay goals last year?

Dude is a beast on the PK, can fly (despite you thinking he's slow), and is just realizing his goal scoring potential. He actually scored more ES goals last year than some big names like Rantanen, Laine, and Kessel. Some players with the same amount of ES goals were Wheeler, Voracek, Gourde, Karlsson, and Palmieri. Plus he had 3 shorthanded goals. He helps us where we need help the most, at ES and on the PK.

I doubt NJ would even consider the trade to be honest, but I'd love to grab this player.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
For Yamamoto and a salary dump in Manning, yes. Can you name any other forwards who are signed for another two years below 2M and were top 90 amongst forwards in non powerplay goals last year?

Dude is a beast on the PK, can fly (despite you thinking he's slow), and is just realizing his goal scoring potential. He actually scored more ES goals last year than some big names like Rantanen, Laine, and Kessel. Some players with the same amount of ES goals were Wheeler, Voracek, Gourde, Karlsson, and Palmieri. Plus he had 3 shorthanded goals. He helps us where we need help the most, at ES and on the PK.

I doubt NJ would even consider the trade to be honest, but I'd love to grab this player.
Ladies and Gentlemen. Chiarelli has entered the building. Comparing Coleman to Rantanen, Laine and Kessel. Heck, even to Wheeler, Voracek, Karlsson and Palmieri.

Keep stating this amazing point while I laugh

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I remember seeing the question coming up a while ago but can't remember the response so forgive me for bringing up an older topic for a sec.

If there was a 1 for 1 trade with Nashville

Turris for Lucic, what would the consensus be?

Lucic could realistically waive his Nmc to go there as they have a decent team. We'd get needed center depth. Point production is similar in general.

Turris has and extra year on his contract, but is a friendlier buy out if things don't work out in a year or 2, A Lucic buyout is less punishing then it is now as the years go buy if the preds get fed up with him.

What you guys think?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Would you trade Yamamoto for Chiasson?
Cause Coleman is a Chiasson level player. He is a 3rd liner who is bad defensively. That's not something you give up a Yamamoto for.

That deal would be Chiarelli level.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen. Chiarelli has entered the building. Comparing Coleman to Rantanen, Laine and Kessel. Heck, even to Wheeler, Voracek, Karlsson and Palmieri.

Keep stating this amazing point while I laugh
Like it or not he put up as many even strength goals as all of those players last year. If given a choice would I take Coleman over any of them- No. But for under 2M isn't that exactly what the Oilers need? An ES goal scorer and a fantastic penalty killer.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Would you trade Yamamoto for Chiasson?
Cause Coleman is a Chiasson level player. He is a 3rd liner who is bad defensively. That's not something you give up a Yamamoto for.

That deal would be Chiarelli level.

If he's so bad defensively why does he lead the Devils forwards in PK minutes along with Zajac? Those two had the most PK minutes per game by a large margin amongst NJ forwards last year. Chiasson was 11th in PK TOI per game for the Oilers last year, and also had a good portion of his goals on the PP. Very different players IMO.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Like I said, just because it's unpleasant or hard, doesn't mean it's impossible to accomplish. It's a Significant addition by subtraction and would be a major statement to this organization and it's fan base. If it's not his top priority, it sure as **** should be.

Unpleasant is an understatement.

Fact is the previous GM made several unpleasant moves and effed up our cap and our prospect situation.

We cannot give up much of value just to get rid of Lucic’s contract no matter your continued narrative.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Coleman's pretty solid. Can't see NJ moving him. They've got McLeod, Anderson, Bastian and Speers as right shot forward prospects, so Yamamoto probably isn't high on their wants from us.

Still hoping for a Zacha for JP swap.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Like it or not he put up as many even strength goals as all of those players last year. If given a choice would I take Coleman over any of them- No. But for under 2M isn't that exactly what the Oilers need? An ES goal scorer and a fantastic penalty killer.

If Coleman is as amazing as you say Jet, then why on earth would they trade him?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Coleman is one of those guys that I think is good in the NJ system but would leave and drop off the face of the Earth.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If he's so bad defensively why does he lead the Devils forwards in PK minutes along with Zajac? Those two had the most PK minutes per game by a large margin amongst NJ forwards last year. Chiasson was 11th in PK TOI per game for the Oilers last year, and also had a good portion of his goals on the PP. Very different players IMO.
Did you know PKing and actually being good defensively are 2 different things.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Is he a better option than Marron for example give that one is free and the other is going to cost you a real asset? He is going to be 28 early next year and he has all of 180 NHL games. His 22 goals is nice but he is not much of a playmaker so if he does not duplicate that you are at best looking at a 30 point tweener. Maroon is a older but he costs nothing but salary and is I think more likely to out produce Coleman.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Did you know PKing and actually being good defensively are 2 different things.
Yes, just like being on the power play and being good offensively are two different things, right? I guess I’ll await some video evidence of Blake Coleman’s defensive shortcomings. I went to YouTube and all I found was shorthanded goals.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Is he a better option than Marron for example give that one is free and the other is going to cost you a real asset? He is going to be 28 early next year and he has all of 180 NHL games. His 22 goals is nice but he is not much of a playmaker so if he does not duplicate that you are at best looking at a 30 point tweener. Maroon is a older but he costs nothing but salary and is I think more likely to out produce Coleman.
Yes. One guy is fast, scores ES goals at a high rate without McDavid, and can help the PK. The other is slow, does not score ES goals at a high rate without McDavid, and doesn’t help the PK.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The bias that fans have for certain players before even getting drafted is odd. Don't players deserve a chance? Raab has hated Nurse every year even though he's destroyed Raabs hilarious predictions with his development every year

tenor.gif

"Nurse!"

Reactions: TB12 and Namtsua

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes, just like being on the power play and being good offensively are two different things, right? I guess I’ll await some video evidence of Blake Coleman’s defensive shortcomings. I went to YouTube and all I found was shorthanded goals.
Are you new to hockey?

Defensive structure on 5on5 and PKing are two completely different things.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Mark Letestu says hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad