Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Top 6 Forward or Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I was thinking about that yesterday, but he's played for CBJ, NYR, OTT, PITS, FLA, COL, ...and the last 3 teams he's looked horrible.
I read that Columbus has no interest at bringing him back, and the last time the Jackets passed on a player, they were correct.
I just have a feeling that he would be no better than Brodziak if we went after him

Yeah, not a whole lot of options left on the open market and I don't think anyone in Bakersfield is ready for the jump.

f***ing Chiarelli.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, not a whole lot of options left on the open market and I don't think anyone in Bakersfield is ready for the jump.

****ing Chiarelli.
well, I don't think Holland is looking at FA anymore judging from his interview today.
the kids will have ample opportunity to grab a spot or 3.
I did like what was said about Puljujarvi, and if we do get any scoring help, it will be through trade.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Benson might be. His numbers were really good for a player his age.

Benson is a winger, is he not? Booya and I were discussing 3C options.

I am hopeful Benson has a helluva camp and makes it tough for Tippett and Holland to send him to Bakersfield.

Reactions: bzur

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
...and @Cloned

Zucker is another winger that can score 20 (duh on my part) . What does Minny need and do the Oilers have that need under contract to offset the cap?

If it is true Zucker's GF is dragging MIN on Twitter have to think a deal wull come. One problem child (JP) for another?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I actually think Benson is ready for second line duty. Top scorers usually don't last long in AHL and he had a full year with impressive numbers. Still need another winger for second line though.

Reactions: bzur

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Kind of sad how I had him pencilled in on Nuge’s wing knowing full well that we wouldn’t be able to bring in a top 6 player

If he goes on the wing of McDavid Drai is it really a bad thing? Sure he has to face top comp but that top comp will be trying to shut dwon the other two not him. I could see 40 pt rookie year no problem.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If it is true Zucker's GF is dragging MIN on Twitter have to think a deal wull come. One problem child (JP) for another?

Unfortunately, the Oilers need to send a contract back the other way. Zucker's deal is north of $5 million. Maybe Holland can convince Fenton to somehow take Lucic.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Puljujarvi for Eriksson Ek makes too much sense. We coveted him back in the 2015 draft and he has had struggles like Pulju.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I like Benson a lot. Not to overturn the over-ripen prospects plan because our player development has been complete nonsense, but he strikes me a the front runner for rookies making it out of camp after Caleb Jones.

Reactions: KYams17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad